Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    The pump heats up 2 gallons very quickly.
    For PH...I try and hit 5.5. Then let it drift up to 6.5 before I adjust it back down again. Think about it like you want to hit a range of numbers, rather than a specific one.

• rugby
    replied
    Toker1 what is the ideal pH then? I was at almost 8 before the Brita filter!

I was surprised... when I changed the water which is like 2 gallons (?) it was VERY warm... like 100F warm... what the heck?

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, you want to hit the range from 5.5 to 6.5. Consistent 6.2 will lead to deficiencies in elements that get absorbed at the lower ph levels.
    70F with the pump spraying water around can lead to heat issues in the water itself. Water temp fluctuations will also cause other ph issues.
    I use a small aquarium chiller in my aero clone machine. Really helps with those types of problems.

• rugby
    replied
    @Toker thank you. By filtering it it's at 6.26 more or less... The room is not AC-controlled but it doesn't get very hot here... maybe in the 70s during the day and 50 at night.

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    commented on 's reply
    Ph is way too high. 6.5 is the maximum. Should fluctuate between 5.5-6.5 for best results.
    How do you keep your water temps in control? Is the room it’s in AC controlled?
    Yes, filtering water can have an effect on PH. As well as other factors.

• rugby
    replied
    Originally posted by Qwertywill View Post
    Whats your pH?
    THe pH level if I am reading the device correctly is 7.96 . It's Paris tap water.

Fascinating... if I run it through the Brita filter it comes down to 6.26 . Is that possible???
    Last edited by rugby; 06-16-2019, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cali
    replied
    I wait until they are one week old atleast. Well I used to lol now I just worry about keeping my soil moist that’s all.

Leave a comment:

• rugby
    replied
    I've grown before in the aerogarden before and gotten great results. I think I overdid the nutes this time. I will toss the sad looking pups and start over. Ya live and ya learn!

That said, do most of you add nutes at the very beginning or wait a bit?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Never used that setup by the looks of it I never will. I'd toss that plant. Sorry for your loss

Leave a comment:

• Scarletwhitewidow
    replied
    it probably nut burn and starting damage the roots.put in fresh pot or palin water let it heal roots and try a again setup up correctly.That obviouly messed up

Leave a comment:

• Cali
    replied
    In my opinion your not growing natural. Trying to reinvent the wheel don’t work sometimes. I think nutrient burn and heat stress

Leave a comment:

• Qwertywill
    replied
    Whats your pH?

Leave a comment:

• Toker1
    replied
    Aeroponics can be difficult. Much easier to mess up than hydro, and way much easier to mess up than soil.
    What are your water temperatures like? Notice any slime on the roots?

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    I would guess this grow medium is inappropriate for cannabis plants.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X