Earliest discovered use of cannabis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earliest discovered use of cannabis

Very interesting article...........................https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-48624784

Good to see you again Pagan.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish I have wandered the wilderness-albeit a small English town-and now return to the fold. Cheers KF, it is nice to start growing again I must admit-well, soon

Welcome back Rich. I’ll have to digest the article.

Comment

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks as if they were using during funerals. In all likelihood looking for “gawd”. I have smoked a shit pot, and gawd is either dead or missing in action. Unbelievable that such primitive thinking persists into these modern times.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      @starramus
      They found a Siberian female Shaman with cannabis in her funeral grave not long ago which could suggest cannabis trade between the 2 regions thousands of yrs ago and the Nordic folk used it during the Viking raiding period for toothache and child birth so it may have been more widespread than previously thought. Very interesting topic mate

I saw that. Very interested read.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Read that, myself. The BBC is great for news and the world. And almost no ads on the front page. Very few in the articles. Gawd love those Brits.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Robert Clark, in his book Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany, speculates that Cannabis was one of the first cultivated plants by humans because of its versatility: fiber, oil, seed protein, psychoactive and medicinal uses. Farming started around 10,000 years ago and Clark figures that Cannabis has been with us since around that time as a cultivated plant (seeds taken with humans during migration spread it), but that before agriculture, the hunter/gatherers were using it as early as 50,000 yrs ago. So it's humans' best friend in the plant world.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          Stoned hunter/ gatherers-think I`ve been to a few festies like that in my time with their descendents

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          50,000 years ago? Really?? That gives new definition to the old stone(d) age.

Thanks for the article, BBC news rocks

Comment

Thinking about Chinese strains, now...
          China's pressure to curb illegal Canadian cannabis imports underscores the country's power in the growing market. And with China producing over 50% of cannabis globally, the United States may be the country to suffer the most.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Not what you would expect-good article mate. I enjoyed that. Thanks

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Ancient Chinese secret, as it were.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            fkn Chinese govt...

Leafly has an article along the same lines, and maybe a bit more expansive. https://www.leafly.com/news/science-...content=pickup

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            I know they have unearthed flowers in Neanderthal graves. Probably not our kinda flowers.

Love it alltatup
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Toker1 It's possible is what Clark says. And if it started getting cultivated by crop growers 10,000 years ago, you can bet that humans were using it before then.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe the Silk Road should really have been named Mary Jane Street?

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            Toker1 Don`t forget Reefer Valley or Skin Up Gorge (Christ, reminds me of Reefer Madness by Hawkwind-haven`t heard that in a fair few yrs)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X