First "living soil" grow coming to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First "living soil" grow coming to an end

For my 3rd grow I wanted to try using a living soil instead of liquid fertilizers. For both plants I mixed "Nature's Living Soil"(Amazon) with ocean forest soil. The smell of the living soil took my breath away, so I knew it would be good. I'm down to the last 10-15 days of the grow and I love the results. These are the biggest plants I've ever grown, completely filling my tent from wall to wall. The smell is amazing, along with great trichome coverage. I am a firm believer in living soil now, and plan to continue to use it. These are my best plants to date, and all they have ever received is water and light

Those are amazing! I want to try living soil (I'm fairly confident it will help solve most of the issues I've been having), but it's hard to find around here. How did you handle watering--from top or bottom?
    ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• KenPiffyJR
      KenPiffyJR commented
      Editing a comment
      I watered from the top. But only enough to keep the soil saturated, but not running out of the bottom of the pot, because I did not want to be flushing out all the beneficial microorganisms that make it a "living" soil.

Gorgeous! I think I'll try this next Grow season. Good price on EBAY for a 10lb bag. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I hate to sound ignorant. I have gardened with veggies for years. But haven't heard of living soil. What is it???

Comment

• KenPiffyJR
        KenPiffyJR commented
        Editing a comment
        The organic fertilizer is packed with helpful bacteria and fungus that work in harmony with your plant roots so that they feed each other, eliminating the need for liquid chemical foods

Beautiful grow great color
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Was that soil ready to use or did you need to let it “cook” for 30-60 days prior to using it

Comment

• KenPiffyJR
          KenPiffyJR commented
          Editing a comment
          It's ready to go right out of the package, just mix it with your favorite organic soil

KenPiffyJR , I checked out the NLS website and they have 2 recipes, Super Soil and Living soil, which did you use? What size bag should I buy for 4 5gal pots?
        Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
        Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
        36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
        4 bulb T5's for Veg.
        2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
        IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
        3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• KenPiffyJR
          KenPiffyJR commented
          Editing a comment
          The two different formulas they have are for autoflowers and photoperiod plants. I used one 5lb bag for two 5gallon pots and had some left over. You have to mix it in with whatever soil you normally use since it's concentrated, otherwise it will burn your seedlings

• uncledoug
          uncledoug commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ken.

I made my own soil mix with some compost, peat, dolomite limestome to get ph up, perlite, sand and soil of course.. Not using any nutes and hope my flowers look similar to yours, v nice.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X