True North Seedbank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True North Seedbank

I complained to them when they were taking forever to fill my last order. They must have gone to the bottom of the barrel to find my seeds - cuz i'm getting about 20% germination.

I complained again yesterday - but they don't care. Their policy is once the seeds are delivered - you are on your own.

Example - bought 5 THC Bomb seeds, open the pack and three seeds crumbled to dust in my hand.

But True North Seeds don't care - they got my money.

Well - they won't be getting any more of my business.

And youse Canadians should not shop there.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Sorry to hear that, they won't be in business long with that attitude.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      They have a very extensive catalog - hundreds and hundreds - but it seems they only stock about half of what they offer.

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
    I complained to them when they were taking forever to fill my last order. They must have gone to the bottom of the barrel to find my seeds - cuz i'm getting about 20% germination.
    If I might ask, where did they ship from?

Comment

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      They're based in Ontario Canada

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      Smith's Falls?

By the way thank you for the heads up.

Any business that deals in a semi-legal product has the advantage of screwing their customers, they know you will not file a consumer complaint with a consumer protection regulatory agency, but a post such as yours, because of the particular audience it reaches, can cause them quite a bit of backlash and hopefully force their hand to get on the right track or go out of business.

And that is one of the advantages of a forum like this, it allows members the ability to warn others of bad actors that are out there.

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      He's in Canada so no legal issues. He just got ripped off.

• MJTECH
      MJTECH commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is a excellent reason to post that information here.

MJ

Thanks for the great comments MJTECH - your are so correct.
    I told them in my second complaint that I could be bought off - all I asked for was a free 3 pack of Canuk seeds newest - autoflowering Grapefruit. I know better than to ask for a total replacement, they are just middlemen anyways. They buy in bulk and distribute.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Seems that many of the Dutch seed companies are reputable and have been at it for a long time. Probably where I will make my first purchase...contrary to the canadian cannabis acts directive to purchase from only those companies listed on the Govt suppliers list. What a scam and a way of controlling any new smaller growers.

Comment

I used them to buy 5 white widow autos. So far iv germinated 4 with a 100% success rate. They do take a long time to get to me tho 3 weeks
        1 grow Oceans forest fox farms soil
        800 watt roleandro cob led
        1x amnesia haze auto 3x wire widow auto
        2x2x4 tent
        2 grow.
        Oceans forest and perlite soil
        16x 4ft florecant
        3x mystery photos
        5x5 tent

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post

I complained again yesterday - but they don't care. Their policy is once the seeds are delivered - you are on your own.

Example - bought 5 THC Bomb seeds, open the pack and three seeds crumbled to dust in my hand.

But True North Seeds don't care - they got my money.

Well - they won't be getting any more of my business.

And youse Canadians should not shop there.

I have only heard negitive things about them :/

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I hope y' all get a better supplier such bad business practice, shame on greed
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Has anyone tried Jordan of the Islands? He has originated a number of strains, but i have never heard anyone mention him on this forum. Tika mentioned a seed dealer in Vancouver, but the name has slipped from my flaky memory. She spoke highly of them.

Comment

• Tika
                Tika commented
                Editing a comment
                TheBuddepot🤓

"shame on greed" the ideologues of the investor class would disagree with you. However i do agree with you. GREED is not good.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Greed from supplier of bad product...oh yes I do invest in good products

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X