Need Help , only serious growers. I am not beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help , only serious growers. I am not beginner

First , i am not beginner . So question about ph,nutes,flush and etc please skip .
    Symptoms : - Droppy leaves , Twisted new growth , Wrink Leaves , Slow growth .

My guessing is :
    1. Overwatering ( i have been keep them a little maybe more wet then they are supposed to be ,but nothing crazy , i never water on wet top ; i try keep them dry for longer time for 3-4 days with no water , cant see they get better )
    2.Root Bound ( i have ripped the plastic bag to check,doesnt look like , u can see on the pic , there is no horizontal growth of roots, )
    3.Root isuees (Roots looks white ,ok )
    4.Mites ( there is spider mites , but spider mites infestation needs to be huge to slow the growth and make leaves droppy , there is no webbing or seriously damaged leaves )
    5.Wind ( it has been some wind,but again not to affect all the plants )

Light Dep - 2 week of flowering; Wedding Cake ; Potting/soiless mix - peat moss,coco based ; GH schedule ;

I would say they are locked out give them a good flushing check run off PH and EC ,your roots look great ,if they are not locked out maybe its those pots try some cloth one hope that helped
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Bosnia
      Bosnia commented
      Editing a comment
      Run Off is checked every watering , i always keep my Run Off under 400 ppm . The PH also .

Pull the top soil from the center(stem) to the side (edges) of the containers to allow more oxygen to the root ball- they are suffocating.
    Just try a couple and see what happens after 6 hours or so-
    It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Bosnia
      Bosnia commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been punch holes in the bags . I transplant on of them in bigger pot 4 days ago ,cant see deference . And they ask for water on 3-4 days , thats the main reason why i think they are good in those pots , they would ask water every morning and go damp if they overgrow the pot ....but yeah beside overwatering and pots i cant see what could be ....

• Weed Pharma
      Weed Pharma commented
      Editing a comment
      Then you need more holes and could treat the roots with SM90.

• Bosnia
      Bosnia commented
      Editing a comment
      I have treat them with H202 , didnt help a lot .

To me looks like heat, overwatering, or underwatering. Being locked out can cause the same thing. But my plants at that stage drink at least everyother day.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Where are your drain holes on those containers? Don’t see any in the pictures.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Bosnia
        Bosnia commented
        Editing a comment
        There is , two set of holes . I have run off every watering .

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        How often do you water them? And what have temps been like?

Checked and Changed your RO filters? chlorine (CL17) can smash a whole grow quickly!
      You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

• Bosnia
        Bosnia commented
        Editing a comment
        It is Creek Water , very low PPM -30 ppm .

Are they from seeds or clones?
      How old are these plants from germination/rooting?
      How many weeks were they in veg?
      When you water them- do they bounce back in 4-8 hours?
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Bosnia
        Bosnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Actually i will say completlly opposite the roots are way more developed then the top growth , the reason may be that they were transplanted in big pots and gave too much space to the roots without forming another root ball . And i count the veg weeks ,when i see a real growth , the clones were taken end of February so there is plenty of time , and yes they show pre flower(sex) signs , so they were mature . I guess i was not supposed to give them watering with runoff , because they were small for that pots, and the shape of the bags is tall which give you impresion that the first few inches are super dry ,but down deep they were not. I feed them today with high ppm , just to make sure is not some deficiency ,because i was running low nutes.

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        The roots may be more developed (volume)- but that does not help if they are being suffocated by overwatering.
        Overwatering has nothing to do with run off, or the amount of water you give-
        It's how often you water, not allowing a wet/dry cycle at the roots to complete.

• Bosnia
        Bosnia commented
        Editing a comment
        It is easier to overwater bigger pot then smaller. The smaller pot will hold less water and it will dry faster then the bigger pot . I mention the runoff bc , watering until the runoff when your pot is not filled is not good idea.

Did the temps get much higher recently? Do they perk up as the shade hits them? Just going through everything that has caused my plants to do that before.

Comment

• Bosnia
        Bosnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Not really , actually this Greenhouse has a more shade then the other one which is fine . The plants that get direct sun (first row) look better which i believe is because they spent more water, and the others are overwater .

This night when i was uncovering the Greenhouse from the light dep i noticed guttation , wet leaves , i wanted to make sure its not dew , so i checked all the plants and i noticed the plants in first row that look better and getting most of the sun didnt have any wet spots , which leads me that they are trying to release the excess of water , so i am pretty sure is overwatering, even i am checking the soil with moisture meter deep ,i will let them completly to dry , until i see signs of underwater ......

Comment

Sounds like you figured it out. I couldn't use those types of "plastic grow bags" would create a sauna outdoors for the roots unless I had at least a dozen holes gets way to hot hence the reason the sweat forms on the leaves. I be fearful of root rot. Good luck
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I used a moisture meter for a while, no longer! My pots are 20 gallon and by it (the meter) I was watering at 8-12 days (I made other errors as well). I now go by the feel of the top 2 inches of soil and they get water at 2-5 days.

edit. a fan may help with the dampness,,,

Comment

If those were mine, I'd try a couple in 5 gal. fiber pots with a better quality soil with much more perlite. Heft the dry pots to get a feel for dry weight then water/feed, water as needed. Give em two weeks, just might answer a lot of your questions.

Comment

• Bosnia
              Bosnia commented
              Editing a comment
              Def fabric pots will help , but there is two downside of them when u grow in greenhouse : 1. When you water ,they release a LOT water in the greenhouse,the greenhouses they usually dont have drainage system ,so it can be a real issue during the flowering bc too much moisture , especially when u keep them covered with the light dep tarp 2. They are not economic for commercial growers, when u grow 800 plants and another 800 are waiting on rotation, thats number of 1600 fabric pots which are really expensive , and they cant be reused for a long time . Actually i have some of them but i didnt want to use them bc they are too big 20gal ,this plant is small to go in that ...

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              You can get fabric pots alot cheaper than you think if you buy in bulk. I have have some going on 8 seasons now. And yes Ive bought alot.

If you want economic why not grow in hydro instead. I am not following the argument of fabric containers being under par for commercial applications. Sure they cost a pretty penny, got that. What I am trying to say is that in retrospect losing an entire crop (or season) due to improper cheap or equipment is not commercially economical either.
            plants release water no matter what kind of container they are in. I understand that releasing water into your greenhouse can be counterproductive to flower. But stagnant water inside the container sitting there can ruin an entire crop regardless of what stage of growth it’s in.
            Last edited by Toker1; 05-13-2019, 02:49 PM.
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Bosnia
              Bosnia commented
              Editing a comment
              Our way of growing actually is hydro , there is no soil ,it is a potting mix 707 peat most based (with coco,perlite,plumice....) . And big fabric pots are ton of money , when u sell wholesale , they dont care too much , they just want cheap . Most of the growers in this area North Cali are going with grow-plastic bags , and growing with years .

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in n.Cali as well. I use fabric grow pots. I’m not commercial, but everything I have seen that is up here use fabric pots as well.
              I have manufactured my own using a roll of garden barrier fabric before. Much cheaper than buying them. But takes up time.
              Anyway I would at minimum make a few more holes in the ones you got. Sounds like the roots may be drowning a bit in there.

Oh have you had your creek water tested for runoff chemicals from other properties around you? We had to go to a rainwater recollection system. The creek water tested positive for some nasty stuff. Just a thought since you implied you have a massive grow going.

Comment

• Bosnia
              Bosnia commented
              Editing a comment
              We dont , but the spring is near us, there is only one property before us , and they dont grow . I have two Greenhouses , one of them grow perfect , there is only this one that is unhappy . I will blame the strain , it looks like it needs much more oxygen and longer dry periods then usually i have been grown OG's and i have never experienced overwatering . And the poly on the Greenhouse i have problem, is thicker so it throws a shadow which makes them to drink less and stay longer time wet

• Spidermite
              Spidermite commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah sometimes its hard to figure out why things like one place yet not another. And yes certain strains like alot of water others dont. Gets hard to keep up when you have lots of plants. Especially when you have some inside, some in greenhouses, and others outside. When outside our rule of thumb is one person to keep up with 300 plants. This goes for everything from tomatoes to hemp.

I have in this moment 600 flowering plants, and newly transplanted teens another 800 for the next run lol , everything by myself . But help is coming next weeks , so it will be two of us I will say even less then 300 when is about cannabis , need extra support,stripping,topping much more techniques . I already thing on the next run , they look better but i lost a lot time . What i can do for the next run is adding more chunk perlite , and possibly switch to fabric pots ......

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you post a picture of how they look now?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X