No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work my friend, these look like text book photos of perfection.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Farmall!! Waiting for all the stigmas to turn brown and curl in...

www.humboldtseeds.net this is a seed company that high times did an add for some interesting stuff ,they have one strain called the new ,I think it grows golden buds cause the seeds are 70 for three thats right $70 for 3 seeds ,and outside plant can produce up to 3000 G and its supposed to have a 29%thc count, the web site has alot of other strains more reasonably priced with exceptionally high yielding plants .thought you might like to check it out with the research that you do
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I’d never heard that term “privileged trinket growers” but I like it

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      to pay that price I would have to grow one plant clone it to get the 8 plants needed to do a run ,but dam they do sound good ,most of the other seeds are much cheaper ,I just saw this in an email from high times mag,Ive never bought from them before ,ATU what did you pay 90 for and where they worth it, I'm in the process of trying to buy form flash seeds .

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Actually, I agree with you. I'm very skeptical about all the hype that surrounds the marketing of new strains. I wrote this about it: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nnabis-strains

I am in total agreement alltaup with your article thanks for cross referencing strains/breeders. Old tried and true cup winners, clone the ones we like. Cheers to old school genetics. It all boils down to the art of growing weed well, timing of harvest and cureing. I just am not interested in dropping $80 for 3 seeds but there will be those who do. PS took 2 cuts off Mama Mia from seedsman strong grower. Also taking cuts from Barney's Critical Kush today looking at getting 2 healthy clones and all those will be for fall/winter tent.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen sista!

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta love CLONES !!

Nice set up man! Wish you well!!!

Comment

I have to agree as well but there is one caveat: Starting with great genetics means YOU as the GROWER have the potential to bring that plant to its best life within the boundary of its genetic framework. I don't see how you can take it beyond that nor do I see poor genetics easily exceeding another's well bred parents. Although exceptions exist, they may exist more readily with great growing conditions. Not being a lab, I could not really tell...

I have had 1-2 hit joints decades ago that I'm guessing now had to be infused with something as it was quite rare but exceptional. Was that amazing weed a genetic superstar?...I dont' have a clue

Comment

I go by thc/cbd and yield predictions also when Ive grown and really like a strain ,I do think I will act on your wisdom in the future and pick up some cup winners if I remember in a couple of years when I buy seeds again lol
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

DAY 52 12/12 (WK 7 FLOWER):

The plants in the sweet light spot are doing swimmingly. The two plants (one in each box) that didn't make it into the sweet light spot kinda got crowded out of the light by the larger plants; they have smaller buds and are growing slower.

OGKush in front has small buds at this point, with very thick leaves. Her trichomes are modest.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ogk 52.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	322802 Click image for larger version

Name:	day52 old.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	323105

Meanwhile, Green Crack on the left is as triched out as she can be. She's still putting out a few new calyces and stigmas, but most of the tops have stopped.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	gc1 52JPG.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	322803Click image for larger version  Name:	gc2 52.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	322804

Other box: C99 right rear should be ready in a week give or take. When I get some of those horizontal colas out of the way, the other two plants will heave a sigh of relief.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c99 52.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	322806 Click image for larger version

Name:	day52 new.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	323104

I'll be all harvested by the end of the month with time to dry and jar up before school starts.
          Last edited by alltatup; 07-18-2019, 08:20 AM. Reason: removed some of the shadow from pics
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            I'am running out of words that express how beautiful your grows are atu ! I had to look some up LOL.
            Your girls are absolutely Angelic !!

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, that's quite the cabling system you have on Cindy. I have a hard time with one strain in a run...you have a lot going on and it all looks pretty well managed.

Cheers

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Stunning buds! Really attractive. Bet they get you suuuuuper highhhhhhh

These are yield bearing colas and I’m quite sure you’ll be breaking your record....

Comment

Thanks for stopping by everyone. Some things have gone quite well, but I don't think I'll beat my harvest weight record because of the two shorties (WW and OG Kush).

What C99 did was totally unexpected: I've grown her twice previously, and she never did what she did on this grow, which was to stretch 400%. That was definitely unexpected, because she didn't grow all that strong during veg. I wonder if it's unstable genetics or what... Of course, I'm seriously considering growing her again next round just to see what she'll do!!!

The trick for me working in the grow boxes is to get the girls tall enough to stretch into the sweet spot during flower; I have a dial in the ballast that will allow me to turn down the LEDs (ideal for plants that get too tall), but not good for the shorter plants. I guess I could solve the problem by growing all the same strain in one box, but that is boring. I'm stubborn and I want 3-4 strains per box. So there's my trade-off when they all exhibit different growth traits.

Something else I have to learn to do better is to control the number of colas, get them into the sweet spot and then have 8-10 colas per plant that all get as phat is the phattest buds on this grow. I'm still learning how to use these grow boxes to their best advantage.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Goodmorning ATU very beautiful grow I would love to have 8-10 colas that were 12" long per plant. I love how you trained them. I'm gonna try and do that indoor this winter with 4 clones from summer harvest. I didn't want to waste the new seeds I've purchased for experience sake. LOL Your defol has worked out beautifully I get the message

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              SoOrbudgal Me too!! 8-10 colas, 12-16 inches of bud and the girth of a coke can. Is that too much to ask for???? ;-}

I did not know your shorty was a ww..... I have a runt ww that looks barely 12” tall after 7 weeks and looks like a bonsai ....the others are big and robust and normal. The ww is ultra mini, but still living so, I’m letting it go

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to the auto grow I just harvested Farmall. My GDP blast autos were dwarfs, grew the frosty leaves but few calaxies were seen. I let them go for 4 months i'll be lucky to get 1oz outta them after I tried to trim the stalk of leaves looking for something that resembled a bud. Bad unstable seeds. Oh well

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall WW is doing better than OG Kush, who's the real runt. Sometimes it happens...

HARVEST C99, PART A:

I've had my eye on C99 all week; she's been flushing for 2 days. I snipped the tops of colas and I reckon the rest will be ready in a day or two. The other two in the box will be ready this week, I believe, so I'm just adding pH'd water to the reservoir.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	c99a jul21.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	324071

Some of it is a bit larfy. Here's one of the smaller buds:

Name:	larfy c99JPG.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	324069

But most of it looked pretty phat. Here are another cola head next to the exact same lighter and some bands:

Name:	biggest bud c99.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	324070

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
              MeestaFeesha commented
              Editing a comment
              🤘..😂..👍 Yes! The same lighter indeed! Looking great ATU, I know you've got to be proud!

Does this mean your lady in the shared space has perked up as well?
              Last edited by MeestaFeesha; 07-21-2019, 10:25 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              MeestaFeesha White Widow and Shiva Skunk are so glad that the horizontal colas are gone. They should be done this week...

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I bet you needed a wheel barrel to move it very nice

Looks great.
            You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

I needed some shades do to the " light bright frost" just outstanding. That's a heck of a cola ATU better build a taller hangin rack LOL
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have to admit, my first reaction was... ‘wtf’ ... ‘ these are monstrous ‘. My second reaction was that these are novelty miniatures in place to make the other items in the photo appear completely out of scale, but then, I know the grower so its back to ‘wtf’

Comment

Hi alltatup ... would you mind posting a pic of your C99 mid harvest? I often take the tops of my plants off first and leave the bottom part for a few days so the lower buds can mature a little more.

I'm just curious as to what your "second cut" area looks like now while it's still growing.
                  Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
                  400W HPS Mag Ballast
                  GH Floro - DWC
                  Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
                  - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
                  IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
                  Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
                  GH Maxi Series-DWC
                  Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
                  - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
                  - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HappyDaze I will do so first thing in the morning when lights go back on! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X