No announcement yet.

Grow ten atu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have read that the soil grown plants have aromas that are richer in terpenes but where I’d read it is a mystery. I’ve been tearing thru books for the last year and I’ll need to go and look again. Despite speed of growth, the final results must still be linked to the genetics. Despite the best growing practices in the world, you can’t make a plant exceed its DNA map. Just like people, genetics provide anything from hair, eye color, height, weight, skin texture etc. and while we can nurture and care for our bodies to preserve these characteristics, we can also screw up and fight them to an early demise.

i know Alltatup starts with good genetics and on top of that , practices superb growing practices. I am afraid she can’t help coming up with nothing short of great.
    Last edited by Farmall; 06-07-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Spidermite
      Spidermite commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh trust me I know alltatup can grow. I've been watching her grows for a long time. I was never implying her buds are not top shelf. I know hers is all top shelf. Do not misunderstand me. And she knows I've been searching for everything I can on terpenes, cannaboids, and now flavonoids. Which I had forgotten until she sent me an article a day or so ago.

Just so much to research. And alltatup knows how much I respect her and her opinion. At least I hope she does.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall Spidermite You guys are embarrassing me. I'm rounding out my third year of growing, so I can't say I'm a newbie any longer, but I have so much to learn. I'm not trying to be phony humble--just honest about where I'm at. When I've been growing for 10 years, I imagine I'll be pretty darn close to where I want to get.

I just love driving around our country roads late summer and smelling the grows windows down warm dry air and the smell of terpenes euphoric !!
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Geez... send me a map. Country roads around here only get you the finger for slowing up traffic 😉

DAY 14 12/12; WEEK 1 FLOWER

Bud sites and pistils showed up mid-week. I had to do a lot of defoliation this past week: leaves were piled on top of each other, sweating, covering bud sites. I'm trying to keep the defol minimal because I don't want to inhibit the stretch.

I also lifted three pots with shorter plants by inserting bamboo skewers all the way around the pots; it lifted them almost 2 inches, to get those bud sites into more light intensity. I stuffed paper towels in the gaps to keep light out of rez.

Today, June 8:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jun8 old.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	314389Click image for larger version

Name:	jun8 new.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	314390

Name:	pot lift.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	314391Click image for larger version

Name:	skewer.JPG
Views:	194
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	314392
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I so glad you posted a picture my mind was running like crazy trying to figure how you did that ,lol

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey ATU that's a great idea. That would also solve a problem I've had on previous grows where the net pot gets pushed through the rez lid due to weight. Poking some skewers through the rim would give it something more to hang on to.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Your box is beautiful alltatup
      And I love the helpful tip.

DEFOLIATION DAY 18 OF 12/12:

It had to be done, I could smell the moisture in the boxes, the humidity was even up in the room, and it went back down after I defoled. I went HAM on them, a couple of them drooped a little bit, but when I checked on them later, they were all perky. That pile of leaves is from all six plants.

Old box, Green Crack on the left, OGK in front and Emdog behind on right:

Name:	pre defol jun13 old.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	315335Click image for larger version

Name:	pos defol old.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	315336

New box, Shiva on the left, Tall C99 rear and White Widow front on right:

Name:	pre defol jun13 new.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	2.23 MB
ID:	315337Click image for larger version

Name:	pos defol new.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	315338

Name:	leaves jun13.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	315339
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      My, I haven`t seen that from you in a-whiles. Damn fine defoliation going there, my yound Nordic Valkyrie. I start up again next month and looking forward to it I must admit.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks one and all. Hopin for phat colas!!!!!

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      These plants look amazing alltatup. I thought i was being a tad harsh on mine but after a few days they pretty much grow a 2nd set and encourages growth.

If they healthy that is, I stunted one of my recent plants by defol to early or to much. Could of only been a slight difference because the other plant (same strain, different seedling) took off like a rocket after the same defol

LOL I've read and seen the "defol stripping" comments from PaganRich and you alltatup Oh the horror of all the stripping makes me nervous. Please hold back abit alltatup. LOL

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal Don't you worry, gal!!! They are fine. Indoor plants can handle defoliation if it's done correctly, and I believe that they don't need the fan leaves at this point. Shoot, they are already re-leafing...

The bud sites are all growing. You will see in a couple of weeks. ;-}

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      SoOrbudgal You can`t beat a good stripper mate

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      PaganRich You are bad!!!!! Behave yourself!!! SoOrbudgal He's a Viking who will hack at whatever is in his path...

I am looking forward to seeing those colas get huge and frosty

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I'm hoping for!! I'm trying to improve on my defol techniques.

Looks great! On to Barber school for you!

Comment

Great man, I really like your defoliation. I fully agree with your thoughts that in indoor crops you don't need all the leaves, on the contrary sometimes they only bring problems.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich I swear by all the lightening bolts in Thor's arsenal, I can't take you anywhere.

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        PaganRich A sign of genius.... diverse mind 🙏

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Farmall Definitely a sign of something mate

You're not finished....are you leaving that stuff around the bottom to take clones from later? Not that there's anything wrong wit dat..
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I'm not making clones. I will defol again one more time.

Oh don't get me wrong I do take plenty of leaves off my plants even outdoors just not as many outdoors. I just have never stripped as much on indoor plants but I do see the benefits when you have a grower with knowledge and healthy grows like alltatup. For future grow indoor photos i'm gonna give it a go more radical more of lollipop on one just for shits and giggles. I'm still learning from you pro indoor growers.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm no pro yet!!! I'll finish 3 years of growing in late July. At this point, I've just got my fingers crossed that they fill up with buds!!

I hope you have to use some support for them future colas.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

It is such a pleasure to watch your grows atu ! They always put a smile on my face. It's what you have achieved in three years and the knowledge you have gained and pass on. Good Growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Colombo That's very kind of you to say!! If my plants make you smile, that's a good thing!!

I'm excited to see the end results of this grow alltatup. I've been watching your progression in bud size and defol technique over your grows and its impressive. Our styles may be different but you certainly have a handle on getting great yields.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think bud size has changed all that much when I look back at grows from the past couple of years... Depends on strain and phenotype I'd say.
          Last edited by alltatup; 06-19-2019, 09:06 PM.

SoOrbudgal if you think she defols alot do some research on Swizzling. It is a technique where you remove almost every single leaf on the plant at a very specific time. Obviously it's for professional growers and it requires perfect watering and nutrients but you can get higher yields with it. Within a week of removing all the leaves you cant tell it was done. However the only book on the technique is $500. I think it was SiriusFourside that wrote about it in one of the newsletters. If you can find it there is a link to a video that is very Interesting.
        You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          You mean schwazzing.

Thank you Spidermite I have seen this technique used. And I will leave it to the "pros" to me it's just another form of radical training pushing the plant. I don't switch/change grow habits that have worked for me at this time. LST & topping grooming lower branches removing leaves as they yellow or block the bud sites is about all I do for now. It's all fascinating to see, just not for me. Peace

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X