75 minutes to water one plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

75 minutes to water one plant.

Unbelievable. In my 12/12 room I have 2 out of several that are in their 5th week of flowering. One is in a 7 gallon cloth pot the other is in a 5-gallon cloth pot. For quite some time now the drainage has been pretty slow in the 7 gallon one. I went and bought some slf 100 that is meant to break up any minerals and salts that can affect drainage. But hasn't done much is all I can say. And I'm not in any way in a position to be able to repot these plants. Guess I'm just complaining here. 75 minutes it took today. Giving a little water and watching it so slowly soak in. If I want any faster it would come out the sides and leave much of what is inside the pot too dry.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the earth.

Auto's and Super auto's in Coast of Maine
    Photos in Coast of Maine
    Nothern lights auto, AK48 auto, OG Kush auto Cookie G3 Super auto's
    PurePowerPlant photo, Sweet Zombie photo, Wonder woman photo
    3 & 5 & 7 & 10 gal 24/7 grow bags
    Recharge, molasses, Botanicare nutrient line
    12(6 in each room) 450 watt Viparspector LED
    (2) 6" Carbon filter and fans
    House of hydro foggers both veg and 12/12 rooms.
    8' x 10' Veg room (18/6)
    9 x 12' Flowering room (12/12 room)

Hey Green, silly question but did you add an extra bucket of perlite in with the pro-mix? Sounds like maybe its re-compressed itself. Take a pencil and poke 20 or 30 holes in it. See if that helps.

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll do that. Thank you

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      great idea Primo

Empty bottle of wine, fill it with water, stick it into the soil up side down. Get the bottle opening as deep into the soil as will fit. Walk away and let the capillary effect water the medium for you. 🍾
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good solution, but it doesn't address why the drainage is so slow. I've just read some articles online that when using cloth pots, using regular potting soil does not work. I'm reading that the soil that one would use in a plastic pot does not work so well in cloth pots. Well I've been growing now for a year come June, and while it is true that I've only had troubles with these two, I need to address this somehow.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Put a layer of river rocks at the bottom of your pots, and 40-50% pearlite mixed into the soil next grow will resolve your issue. Fabric pots actually drain better than plastic ones do. Porous vs not.

I use a scoop to water in veg so I leave about an inch from the top so I can just pour the water in, try giving a small amount to start then come back to it and give it what you want to sometime when a plant drys to far the soil doesn't absorb it. by wetting it this doesn't happen as bad ,you will only loose a little down the sides they dont leak that bad .
    My guess is that the plant got root bound , my plants in bloom you can't stick a meter in the pot they are so full of roots ,they get watered 4 times a day so they dont freak out lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Greenpassion
      Greenpassion commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100, are your plants in cloth pots? Minor in cloth pots and I water them once every four days.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X