Curling Leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curling Leaves

Hey everybody. So, I’m doing 2 plants in a DWC setup. I’m in a 4x4 tent, a 600w Viparepectra LED (which I plan to add another one in the next week), I’m running Advanced Nutrients Sensi series with Voodoo Juice, Dynazyme and Hydroguard. Last week I noticed some yellow/brown mottled spots on the lower leaves and fixed that after I corrected pH. I have an oscillating fan blowing over the canopy, not directly on the plants. The temp doesn’t go over 80 and humidity is at 50%. Almost all the leaves are curling on the edges of the plant on the left and only the lower ones on the right. This is my 2nd hydro grow, his didn’t happen on the 1st and I was in a smaller tent. Nutes are at 1/2 strength and roots look great. I’m stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the shitty pics.
    Attached Files

Leaves curling in at the edges could be a sign of heat stress. How close do you have those LED's above them? May want to consider raising them until the leaves are nice and flat.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Munkey
      Munkey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Cannabliss! The light I have is not very powerful, hence why I’m considering adding another one just like it. This thing is like almost 4’ above the plants and in a bigger tent. I’ve used this light on 2 other grows in a smaller tent and kept it way closer during veg and flower.....🤔

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      That's interesting. The way the leaves bend up like that is a clear sign of light stress. That's the only thing I can think of. If you can provide a pic in natural light I can have a better look at the leaves and perhaps see if there's something else I'm missing. My other guess is perhaps Magnesium deficiency. Still, pics in natural light would help.
      Last edited by Cannabliss; 04-18-2019, 12:26 AM.

• Munkey
      Munkey commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks again Cannabliss. It is weird. That light runs super cool and really is underpowered in my opinion for the size tent these are in. Is it possible I need MORE light? I’ll post some natural light pics below.

More pics. Hope these are better.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Cannabliss
      Cannabliss commented
      Editing a comment
      Since the bending is only on a couple of leaves and it’s not extreme, I’d just wait and see how she continues to do since we can’t figure this one out at this time lol. You said you fixed the pH issue, correct? How long ago was that? Perhaps give it a bit more time and see what happens?

Is it a different strain some strains can take it and some cant lol
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Dammit, now my babies are just drooping and about to fall over...😭, I’m thinking they’re not getting enough air in the Rez. I’m running an Alita 6L pump and a homemade air stone. Both of the Rez are 15 gallons with about 7 gallons of solution. The roots are fine, no rot, no funky smells. They’re a little tan because of he nutes. HEEEEELLLLLPPP
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X