Dirt farming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt farming

In the picture, the seedling on the left was growing faster than the seedling on the right by about two inches. I scratched off a little dirt from one side of the left seedling. Then bent it twice. Once to lay the stalk down and one to get the leaves upright. They are different bag seed strains. Only one will survive.
    Thoughts?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Super cropping are ya? Why don't you just pull his uninjured buddy out for a transplant, and then some HST for him as well.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't realize I was super cropping because I didn't stress the bends. It was no more than pulling a branch down with a twisty. I'm growing two plant each in three pots. I'm going Darwin and kill the weak. I don't take slackers.

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a cricket take down a new seedling. Chewed the roots completely off of the stem.. I pampered it in a rapid rooter and actually re-rooted it. The plant grew to maturity although it was stunted. However the flower it produced is premium top shelf. That "slacker" might just be a little Napolean.

French fighting weed, huh? It'll probably be a short plant.
    I consider what I did to be LST. Since transplanting plants, tomatoes, say, deeper than the pot they came from, up to the third set of leaves, I'm hoping the buried stem might grow roots. I've done hapless things to the few plants I've harvested as experiments. This one is my least sever so far. GWE is good for slapping ideas down, encouragement, and tutorials. And snake oil salesmen.
    Last edited by Gingerbeard; 04-10-2019, 08:16 PM.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X