Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! Much obliged. And thanks for the reminder - I should try that GSC tonight and see what I think! Have a good one!

• s62
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I sure do!

It seems like I was just writing the start of grow 8 a week ago, and I'm already starting grow 9. Grow 8 started with a hiccup or two, but finished out

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Hey eigholte! The strain is from lineage genetics, and I got them off of seedsman.

• s62
    replied
    Do you have a post going for your next grow? Would like to follow!

Leave a comment:

• Eigholte
    commented on 's reply
    Mcubed476, as a point of curiosity, are you willing to share where you got your Girl Scout Cookies seeds?

I was able to pick up that strain from a local store, and will probably give it a try shortly. If I like it (and based on reviews, I probably will!), it might be worth sourcing some seeds and growing it 'en mass. Just since $70 for an eighth oz seems a little steep! Legalization is fun, but expensive here.

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Thanks everyone, I'm hoping they are all gone. I haven't seen any on the young ones, so far so good.

Thanks HappyDaze , the Girlscout is pretty tasty. I hope yours grows well too! The next grow is already under way

Leave a comment:

• HappyDaze
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for taking the time to post, your thread was fun to follow.. I think I mentioned previously that GSC is on my list and the genetics you have look nice. Looking forward to seeing your next run.

Cheers

Daze

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    they suck big time if those are dry weight then it was a good yield even with mites , I saw aphids in the Green House so I ordered green lace wing eggs ,I haven't seen many bugs yet but the aphids are disappearing

• s62
    commented on 's reply
    Honestly, great grow. Impressive yield! Hope you’re all cleaned up.

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Well, this grow kinda ended how it started...shitty lol.

After finding out I had spidermites, I took my plant down and gave it a budwash.

I sprayed my new grows plants with mighty wash, and while I haven't seen any signs of spidermites, they aren't looking the healthiest. However, I didn't spray any water on them the next day, so that's probably why.

Anyway, I have the Jock dried and curing now, so here's the final weigh up for this grow.

FINAL NUMBERS AND SUMMARY:

GIRLSCOUT COOKIES - 140g (5 oz)

SOUR DIESEL - 173g (6 oz 5g)

JOCK HORROR - 114.8g (4 oz 2g)

TOTAL HARVEST - 427.8g (15 oz 7g).

I'm happy with this number given how it started and ended lol. I think the Jock would have yielded at least another oz if the spidermites hadn't been there.

I think I was becoming more careless with my grow than when I started out. Going to the grow room after mowing the lawn or working outside cannot happen any more. I'll be sure to be far more careful about when I go down there from now on.

​​​​​​Grow 9 is under way now, and this grow is over.

Thanks for coming along everyone!
    ​​

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I was hoping I would never have to deal with them, but here we are. The worst part is I don't know how they got there so I can prevent them from getting there again lol.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    what a bummer I was trimming up a plant and there was a spider web at the bottom near the soil shit I said and wiped it away then this little monster of a pissed off spider came looking for trouble lol not really I left him be, happy it was a spider not a mite

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    what a bummer I was trimming up a plant and there was a spider web at the bottom near the soil shit I said and wiped it away then this little monster of a pissed off spider came looking for trouble lol not really I left him be, happy it was a spider not a mite

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Today is day 113 for the Jock, and I regrettably had to pull her. I noticed one leaf in particular looked unusual, and under the microscope I saw spider mites. I was hoping this day would never come, but it happened.

So after freaking out about it for a few minutes (it was 4am and no stores open to grab spider mites stuff), I decided the best thing to do was to chop the plant and engage in my first bud wash.

I had seen bud washing before on YouTube and thought it was insane, but enough people have done it so I figured I would give it a try. 3 5 gallon buckets, one with 1/4 cup baking soda and lemon juice. Fill them all with water, dunk them in the first one, then the second then the third.

The branches are hanging with a fan blowing on them, and it's almost already as dry as it would be when you chop it down to harvest.

So I sprayed my girls that are still in the tent with mighty wash, so let's hope I have eradicated them.

Anyway, here are pics from my reluctant harvest

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190731_050128923-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	770.0 KB
ID:	326773

Name:	IMG_20190731_050143419-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	657.7 KB
ID:	326772

Name:	IMG_20190731_050135996-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	689.4 KB
ID:	326774

Name:	IMG_20190731_073206918-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	753.9 KB
ID:	326771

Name:	IMG_20190731_073159803-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	682.2 KB
ID:	326770

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X