Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    Looking great I so want to drop some seeds and get the grow room running again but I have to resist lol

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Today is day 100 for the Jock. She keeps trucking along slowly. Her buds are still getting thicker, and she smells real nice.

This one was always behind the other 2, even though she was planted on the same day. Just the luck of the seed lottery I suppose lol. I don't expect to get more off her than the other 2. I imagine she will weigh up similar.

Grow 9 is officially underway, but no sprouting yet. I imagine in the next couple of days I will see them though.

Have a great week everyone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190718_142619366_HDR-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	856.8 KB
ID:	323191

Name:	IMG_20190718_142628278-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	916.0 KB
ID:	323190

Name:	IMG_20190718_142749711-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	681.4 KB
ID:	323189

Name:	IMG_20190718_142816296-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	609.9 KB
ID:	323188

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I cannot remember lol. But even though their wattage is so low, they are actually more efficient, meaning more light gets to the plants than an hps bulb. I believe I remember seeing something like HPS being about 25%, and these being about 50.

It's been a long time so these numbers may be horribly skewed lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I pulled up the web site thanks, how much of a foot print ,do they give off

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I got them from the cobshop.net. the owner of the site is pretty cool

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    thanks Mcubed A friend of mine was selling a 800 watt led/cob light so I picked it up, it only has one cob in it , where did you pick yours up or did you dyi them

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks OJH! Autos are all I have ever grown actually lol.

The lights I use are called autocobs. They are 55w a piece and I have 4 in a 3*3 tent. They are really efficient and save on the electric. They also don't give off much heat. My tent is 76 right now.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    thats amazing so you quad line autos , I tried ordering some super autos seeds from flash seeds but the web site doesn't take CC .what light do you grow with,i'm definitely going to stop using the 300w leds and move to a bigger light ,no matter what I do I can't get more than 2 zips from a plant

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Today is day 92 for the Jock Horror.

Her buds are starting to fatten up, and at the moment she has the whole tent to herself. This particular plant did not have an ideal quadline. I let the branches get way too stiff before I started training her, hence why she is all bunched up looking in comparison to my other plants.

That being said, she was an odd duck from the start. She was always behind everyone, came out with one cotyledon, and is probably going to take the record of my longest plant to harvest (131 days).

Moving on to the smoke reports and final numbers of the GSC and Sour Diesel.

Total number for GSC - 140 grams, or 5 oz.

GSC auto by lineage genetics was definitely the most potent smelling plant in the tent. She smells earthy and sweet. She also tastes the best out of the 2, and gets the job done.

Total number for Sour Diesel - 173g, or 6 oz 5g.

She was the tallest plant in the tent by a long shot, but the buds only started about 2/3 from the top of the branch. So far, her taste is very mellow and mild. I was hoping for a diesel taste, but she doesn't have too much of a taste at all. The high is good though 👌

For the next grow, I'll be doing another throwback, since I'm almost out of seeds I haven't tried yet lol. It will consist of 3 bears, red poison, and trainwreck. I attempted 3 bears before, but ended up with fungus gnats. This caused nanners and I ended up pulling her.

Have a great day everyone!

Jock Horror

Name:	IMG_20190710_042527253.jpg
Views:	432
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	321182

Name:	IMG_20190710_042513747.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	5.19 MB
ID:	321184

Name:	IMG_20190710_042502213_HDR.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	3.94 MB
ID:	321185

As an aside, check out this ashtray I epoxied lol. I have been venturing into epoxy land lately. It's a lot of fun, especially when you can put weed in it lol.

Name:	IMG_20190709_082443680.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	321183

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    alltatup, you are correct! I think you were on grow 4 or 5 when I started. Seems like it was just yesterday, and at the same time, it seems like it was a decade ago lol.

And let's not forget you were one of the many people who helped me get to where I'm at now 😁, so I greatly thank you for all your advice along the way.

I stumbled onto quadlining last year, and I'll never train any differently. It's a great way to bump the yields up!

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    11 zips from 2 plants thats nothing to be upset about lol I only got 8 ounces from 7 plants lol

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SBG! The GSC was definitely the most pungent plant this grow! I'm a fan of the stank myself lol.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks OJH, but sometimes pics are deceiving lol. When I weighed it out, I ended up with about 11 oz total from the 2 plants. After they sat in a jar for about 12 hours, I checked on them to find they still had quite a bit of moisture. So I'm guessing by the time they are dry, I should have around 9-10 oz total.

I like how easy it is to trim doing the manifolding/quadlining style. For quadlining, I like to snap off an entire branch (1/4 of the plant), and work on trimming that part.

Sounds like we harvested pretty close to each other lol. Congrats on yours sir!

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    One of my favs. just a beautiful color of leaf as temps cool. Great job mcubed very productive grow.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    @mcubed I remember when you started (not long after me, I don't think): Man, you are for real doing GREAT!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X