No announcement yet.

GJ1: Sweet Black Cream and Nirvana Lemon OG Autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45 Days: Moving along nicely. The Lemon OG Haze leaves are a darker green and buds are slowly getting thicker. Just trying to make sure light is getting to all of it. The Black Cream is still stretching and getting big. The leaves are a lighter green and always have been but some of the real small ones near the colas are turning down. I think that's just how this plant grows. Watered last night, and going to water more today to be sure it isn't that. Otherwise coming along nicely
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

They look so healthy Wizards doing a great job. My peppers will go into the ground this weekend and putting my legal grow of weed into the 5-10 gallon pots this weekend. They will stay in the greenhouse till I get back from vacation. We got hungry deer walkup to our garden all the time. So I move them around and they'll stay safer until we get back.
      Sometimes in the tent when it's a.m. cooler my plants will look droopy even though I know they are healthy. And when flower stretch first starts I've noticed lighter color near top of new flower stretch. I think your doing fine. Happy gardening
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

51 Days: Left to go out of state for 3 days and watered heavily beforehand. Came back and everything looked pretty good. The Lemon OG Haze has pistils that are starting to darken and fattening up. There are some yellow leaves that may be nute burn but I'm not sure. Could be end of life yellow but it seems a bit soon for that. The Black Cream definitely takes more water than the Lemon OG haze and was getting droopy from being underwatered. It also needed some serious defoliation. I tried leaving some of the smaller branches that had reached the canopy. How many of those little ones to remove is always an exercise for me. I want a nice yield, but don't want to take energy into something that won't be worth it.
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

55 Days: Continuing to water with nutes one a week and water every other day roughly. The Lemon OG Haze is fattening up real nice. This is my first grow with the 450w Vipaspectra and I'd guess that's why. Still mostly white hairs sticking out so it'll keep growing. The Black Cream is slowly fattening. Decided to grab a 2nd 450w Vipa to throw on that one. Sell off this other cheaper 500w. Black Cream seems to have stopped stretching at this point. I trimmed off a few yellow leaves from the Lemon OG Haze. Still not sure what it was but it was only 3 or 4 leaves down in the center of the plant. The Lemon OG Haze has a delicious fruit smell to the resin. Really excited for these!

Any one have thoughts on why the Lemon OG has thick, semi glossy dark green leaves while the Black Cream has softer lighter leaves? Is that just the strain or possibly the light quality too?
          Last edited by WizardsNThings; 05-24-2019, 08:10 AM.
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            What's that leaf got on it in the first pic?

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pics 2 and 3 looks like your plants are drowning in water - just my opinion.

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm the one in pic 3 seems pretty healthy. The one in 2 I have been struggling with. Maybe it is overwatered and not underwatered.. I have no idea what is wrong with that leaf in the first pic. There were a couple others on the plant that were yellow without the brown

59 Days: My watering schedule is to do about 1/2 gallon to each plant, every other day. Nutes being added every other watering (halving the total amount of nutes to spread it out). Lemon OG is still looking great. The Black Cream continues to be droopy. I let it dry out for 4 days in case it was overwatered, but it made no difference and maybe got a bit worse? I just watered it again. The leaves appear healthy with no discoloration but they are all drooping. I'm going to post a separate help post to see if anyone has ideas.
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            What size pot is the droopy plant in? It looks like a root issue to me. Could be root bound, pests in the soil, soil to compacted, or over or underwatering.

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            I already gave you my opinion

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            3 gallon pots. I'm gonna play with the watering some more and see if that is really the issue.

61 Days: Both plants looking good. Some light nute burn on a few leaves. I'm going to start flushing the lemon OG haze (photo below). These are definitely the fattest buds I've ever grown. Very excited to try them out!
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

66 Days: Continuing to flush the lemon OG haze. Kinda wish I had chopped her last Friday but can't now. I am going away this weekend and don't want to risk it overdrying if it cut her down today. I'll wait until Thursday. It's mostly sativa, so it should just make it a bit more mellow. I've never grown a plant to the point where the leaves all start yellowing so that's interesting to see. The black cream is starting to fill out. Still has a ways to go. The buds on the lemon og haze have such a pleasant smell.
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Lovely grow wizards I wouldn't worry about it being alittle longer. Depending how you hang and dry your plant I've gone away for 5days with hanging whole plants even large colas can take up to a week to dry. But from my view of your plants abit longer should be fine. Just my 1cent. Good job!

• WizardsNThings
              WizardsNThings commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry just saw this! The buds are pretty big so it should be fine. I overdried once and got an ounce of hay which was unfortunate. It smoked fine just had no real smell or flavor to it

68 Days: Cutting down the 'lemon og haze' today. After some reading, I am now pretty sure I mixed up these two seeds at some point What I've been calling the lemon og haze this whole time, I believe is really the black cream. Although it's not nearly as purple as I had hoped, the leaf edges are all slightly purple and the buds a bit as well. The plant stayed short, and has thicker glossy green leaves. This, compared to the other which really stretched during flowering and isn't as squat, and has finer bigger leaves. I'm certainly no expert but I am pretty sure what I am chopping today is the black cream. I'll find out as it dries and potentially becomes more purple, and once I have a smoke. Oops!
            Last edited by WizardsNThings; 06-06-2019, 07:26 AM.
            2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
            260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

68 Days: Black Cream has been harvested (pretty sure it's the black cream). As I said above, I think I mixed the seeds up. This has some nice purples in it and I am curious if it will come out more in drying/curing. I had 8 nice beefy colas and a few smaller ones. I have no guesses on the amount but my Nebula and Jack Mist in my last grow were smaller than this and I got 42g and 53g respectively, so I am thinking maybe 65g. They are hung to dry upstairs. The room is currently 71F and 61%RH. The weather just today started getting warmer and humid, just my luck. I removed all big leaves, and some small, trying to do a more controlled dry trim.
              2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
              260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Congrats Wizards I have also done the seed mix up on my last 2 autos but that would be my guess with the black cream. You have done well with those autos, photos if given a bigger container you know will get much bigger they will be OK in 3gal just that you have some good seeds/good breeder if they were mine I would go 5gal minimum but it's up to you. Very well done enjoy the smoke!

indoor/outdoor grower
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                  WizardsNThings commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I usually do 5s, but as I was sharing the tent with vegetable seedlings, I want something smaller just to see what happened. As it was it got pretty cramped! I had other lights setup outside for veggies too but still not enough room. Also, I have 2 plants in 3 gallon pots (Wonder Woman and Strawberry Cough) that are going outside in a couple weeks so it was pretty crowded! Very excited to see how they do outside. I've done manifold on one, and I was going to quadline the other but it grew funny and I ended up getting a triline, kinda triangle shaped with 12 main branches to be colas.

Got ya now forgot about the veggie garden. I gotta replant my basil noticed that it rotted and my tomatoes are yellow on lower branches all from to wet. 40 degree temp flux, rain no control over outdoor elements. I have not trained my photos much outdoors other than topping and LST but you are doing excellent with training.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                  WizardsNThings commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I didn't last year, just figured I'd try and see what happens. Been a rough spring for the veggie garden so far. Cold and wet, just barely reaching the 70s finally. Basil and tomatoes are also yellowing a bit, hoping this sunshine will green them up! Kale and broccoli love it though

Even my Yukon gold taters are loving it I was looking in the garden last night when I got home from work and I thought they were some of my dahlias the leaves are huge on my potatoes right now, sucking up all that water. Garlic and onions are fine. Just my weed is struggling but we shall over come!!

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

78 Days: The leaves on this one have been changing for a few weeks now. I thought it was nute burn so I cut nutes in half, or light burn, so I raised that a bit. It's progressively getting worse. I have no clue what it is. The pistils are just starting to amber so it's got a few weeks left. Hoping it won't be an issue because I am out of ideas. Open to any advice!
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If it were mine - I would just cut off the sickly looking leaves - you're not going to use them for anything anyways - besides, your close to the end.

• WizardsNThings
                    WizardsNThings commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just doing that now. Thanks!

83 Days: The Lemon OG Haze is really taking a while. I trimmed off the dead ones from my last post but the others just continued to yellow and brown. Probably have a week or two left so just gonna let it go its course and flush
                  2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
                  260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

I would have been giving it plain water for a while already - at this state I usually let em dry right out till harvest - they get confused and send everything to the flowers - turning the light off for the last 48 hours confuses them more and all the energy is sent to the flowers.
                    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
                    Mars Hydro
                    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• WizardsNThings
                      WizardsNThings commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haven't tried drying them out before. Maybe I'll give that and the 48hrs a try

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X