• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	300933 Hi can anyone tell me what is wrong with my baby?
    the leaves are drooping down badly, is this just over watering?
    or could it be because it needs a bigger pot?
    my last plants died from over watering so I have been more careful,

How often do you water and how big is the pot?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

The pot looks plenty big enough for the plant size. Are you using the first knuckle check for moisture? I can't get my finger through the internet to check it myself. Your pic under high magnification shows lots of white dots everywhere. Have you checked for pests? See if any of those specks are moving.

Comment

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Your top soil doesn't appear to be over watered visually. Are you following a nutrient schedule? Sometimes too aggressive on the nutrients will cause droop.

• Jayce71
        Jayce71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not using nutrients yet, as was told the bat soil is rich in nutrients
        the spots are just from a phone camera I think.

I can't put my finger on it, but your leaves don't look right. It almost looks like they're covered with something.

Comment

Comment

• stump
          stump commented
          Editing a comment
          lol yellow

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          yellow I've never showered with a plant. I wonder if it's any good?

• yellow
          yellow commented
          Editing a comment
          starramus It’s great! They love the steamy humidity generating off of your skin.

I could be wrong, so perhaps any of you can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to this link here, the third pic (and maybe the first too) looks a bit similar to the leaves of the OP's plant. If so, then it may be white powdery mildew/mold (WPM)?
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Could very well be. Just hasn't progressed to the fuzzy stage yet.

• Cannabliss
          Cannabliss commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea that's what I was thinking too. I agree that it doesn't look like over-watering. Could be under-watered even.

Jayce71 What are the room temps and how high above her do you have your lights? Anything major you remember doing to her before she started drooping like that? Get a jewelers loupe and check the top and under the leaves for pests just to be sure.

• Jayce71
          Jayce71 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm using an OMEGA 125W blue light, for now, I have a 200W in the post,
          plant is about 3-4cm from the light, tempreture is 27C, using mineral water and potted in bioBizz light mix soil. spots could just be from the phone camera.

Almost looks like some sort of mold - possibly due to too much water. Maybe not enough air movement. Could be an issue with the roots as well - pests(?).

Comment

Jayce71 Welcome to the forum. That's an auto flower, right? Cuz it has a little bud on the top. If she is starting to flower, she's very, very stunted in her growth. This is not what you want.

If this is your second grow and the first didn't go well, I'd really suggest you do some basic reading over here: https://www.growweedeasy.com
          You have to know what you're doing in order to grow weed easy. We all make mistakes at the beginning: there's so much we don't know or recognize, so we learn as we grow, and we get better at growing.

If you are going to grow in soil, read as much as you can on gwe about how to do it right. Also, when you post with a problem, provide us with as much information about your grow as possible. It's easier to help that way. Here's a guideline: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ing-guidelines
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Jayce71
            Jayce71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Correct I can see buds too, it's an Auto -flowering plant about 6-7 weeks old, it was the last survivor from 3 seeds I planted and was the the Runt, I've had lots of problems with getting the right lights and soil etc, this is a photo of the same plant just a few days ago,,

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            As I wrote above, you need to do some reading. If you don't have the right lighting, the right temperatures, the right soil, and nutes--it's so easy to fail. I don't believe this forum should be called Grow Weed Easy: it should be called Learn How to GWE. I started growing less than three years ago, and I had to read so much on the other site. I had to read some things over and over--and I still have to review them regularly--and got some great help on this forum.

You will get the hang of it, but I'll tell you now: this is not a cheap hobby. We often have to invest in things like more expensive lights, dehumidifiers, pH equipment, high quality nutrients made especially for Cannabis, the proper soil or coco coir, etc. To try to cut costs will totally cut the quality and amount of your bud.
            I suggest you start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics
            If you want to grow autos: https://www.growweedeasy.com/autoflo...vs-photoperiod

Next time, post your question and supply all the information suggested in the guidelines. And keep asking your questions!! ;-}

• stump
            stump commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed

Originally posted by Cannabliss View Post
          I could be wrong, so perhaps any of you can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you go to this link here, the third pic (and maybe the first too) looks a bit similar to the leaves of the OP's plant. If so, then it may be white powdery mildew/mold (WPM)?
          Just to be sure you might follow Cannabliss link, and scroll down to the home remedies for powdery white mildew. From the tiles in the background are you growing in your bathroom? High humidity could lead to a mold problem.

You should at least have some nutrients on hand so I recommend this https://www.walmart.com/ip/Fox-Farm-...&wl13=&veh=sem . Give her a light dose not going by the amounts on the container, but by the schedule found here. https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/images...ish_3-2018.pdf
          Last edited by starramus; 03-26-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            maybe 1/4 of the recommended. sometimes less is better than more. how are your outdoor temps? is it possible to put the plant outdoors for some natural sunlight for a number of hours during the day?

are you using a humidifier nearby?

Comment

• Jayce71
            Jayce71 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I have a light, soil and humiidity tester on the way,
            I have a new light now a 200W blue Omega cfl, and it is considereably hotter, I've had to change my fans to bring the temp back down below 30c
            Last edited by Jayce71; 03-27-2019, 04:49 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	301174 I think this one is dying, it looks even worse now, in comaparison this other plant is bearly a week old and is thriving under the new light,
          I now have a 200W blue Omega CFl, I was using cheap crap sprials,

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks thirsty! What about your watering practices?
            🎤

Mr.Furley, watering is where I think I'm going wrong, I just can't seem to find a definative answer for how much to give young plants and how often,
          at first I thought I was over watering, so I've been letting the pots dry out until they feel light, and then watering them. I've been doing the knickle test, but they do seem sweaty deep down. although my new humidity tester says it bone dry.

Comment

• stump
            stump commented
            Editing a comment
            they need a surprisingly small amount of water and its easy to overwater making the roots lazy. Then you get top growth without a real good root structure. if these are photos just keep on going it may surprise you. Do you use a product like recharge if not you may want to consider it.
            Last edited by stump; 03-27-2019, 12:39 PM.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            6 to 7 week old auto flower is no longer a young plant so what I'm suspecting is all the trouble you have had with watering, soil, light has just taken its toll on your plant. At this age she should be a bigger plant and setting up to flower or be budding.
            Have you transplant the Auto, most people start them in there forever home.
            Does she "perk" up when you water? If so she needs a little more frequent watering.
            I'm thinking your pot size also needed to be a little big, 3, 4, or 6 gallon. A good light is a necessity from day 1. alltatup has you pointed to the right links.
            Just throwing some things your way

• starramus
            starramus commented
            Editing a comment
            Stick a finger in it, and put it out under the sun.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X