Tangy G13 Grow (Amsterdam Genetics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tangy G13 Grow (Amsterdam Genetics)

Got my second grow under way whilst my first grow is finishing off. Thanks to some adjustments in my grow room with some very helpful tips from Big P PaganRich and Super D D.A.A.S.69

This grow is 2 X Tangerine G13 and 1x Barney's 8 ball Kush. Been loving a bit of cypress hill again recently and a kush lying there. Nothing like the west coast kush but hey, it's start.

Soaked them all in plain water for 36 hours, both tangy sprouted tap roots but planted all 3 at this point.

Pot date march 10 (first pic) second picture is from tonight. Both tangy have started their 2nd set of leaves and the 8 ball just behind. Starting nutrients tomorrow at quarter strength

8 ball kush closest to camera

I can't see in the pink light, but sounds like you're off to a great start!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about that. Pictures were an after thought. I'll pull them out tomorrow and get better ones in natural light.

These are certainly off faster than the auto's I grew.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      So this is your first photo grow? I LOVE growing photos...

Here's a couple better photos from today,

Getting some spotting on the leaves of the big tangy soso Start on some watered down nutrients today.

alltatup I grew 3 diesel autos and a LSD photo together. The auto's are done and just finishing the photo after switching her. I think I prefer photos. More the choice on when to flip them, incase a small problem happens you got time to sort it. As far as yeild/potency/difficulty I couldn't say after 1 grow.

Comment

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      I should know that by now gad dam it. Thanks for that alltatup. Started on watered down nutes any ways as we're into week 2. I'll get them in the 25L pots next week.

Yeh the auto's I grew were certainly miniscule compared to the monster I've got in the flower tent and as you say the genetic modification isn't cool. I wish I had space to grow regular seeds and do some pheno hunting. Maybe one day.

Thanks PaganRich, I'm on a 100% success rate in my career! surely im an OG grower now right 😉

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you Peebz about pheno hunting, but I also enjoy the variety that can be found in one chemovar. Cannabis really does have infinite variety...

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      You`re doing alright Peebz-looking very sweet mate

So that's us almost at week 3. Day 19 I believe.

All plants going great, I added some foxfarm grow big to the feeding bottle this week.

Both the T13's are a bit taller than the 8 ball kush but all hit 4 nodes high so I topped them all and fed till a bit run off. I'm only watering every 2-3 days and amount them reach for the water but drying out in shy of 2 days now so I'll transplant in 5 days and up the power on my light.

Strange thing I noticed was on the bigger tangy one of its leafs have morphed into a single fan leaf. Weird. But seems the leaf damage I caused didn't stunt it any. Happy days

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz, I'm not even a soil grower, so maybe I'm alarmed needlessly. I thought the rule of thumb was then the leaves span wider than the rim of the pot, it's time to transplant.

Here's the solution in my humble opinion: consult with the girls; if you see absolutely no sign of root problems, you are probably correct to wait a few days to avoid stress, and I probably over-reacted. ;-}

Like other folks have said on the forum: the girls will let us know what they need if we are finely tuned in to them. I continue to work on listening to them.

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Since this is my first time starting in a solo cup (second time ever) germing seeds I'm was going by some guys in the Cali legal business and start them small and transplant a few weeks in.

I had a peak in today and they have noticebly thickened the new leading colas. So will transplant tomorrow and that's on the 3rd week now that you got me all nervous haha.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Now I feel nervous too!! I'll be waiting to see them make it through the transplant with flying colors!

That's the plants at day 21 and they are ready for transplant for sure, drying the cups out in less than 2 days and they pretty big.

i had planned to transplant today but I forgot to brew my compost tea yesterday to activate the soil first.

This time round I am also using some ammended soil. My soil mix is (makes roughly 25L),
    -Half a bag of non brand multi purpose compost
    -10L worm castings (bought from internet as my worm bin was infested)
    - 250g fish blood and bone meal
    - 400g chicken manure pellets
    - 200g bat guano
    - 5L perlite

Compost tea is
    dry
    -Handful of worm castings
    -Handful of compost
    -Half handful of fish blood and bone meal
    Wet
    - Gallon of RO water
    ​​​​​​-5ml Kelp
    - 2 teaspoons of molasis

I also bought a cheap lux meter to see what my light was doing. Going by manufactors guide, some figures off the internet and the light meter. iv got the light a good bit closer. My lux reading at the plant is just over 5000 and par value is about 800.

8 ball kush has tight internode spacing and going to be a short plant, the 2 tangy G13 have taken off and ready for a new home tomorrow.

​​still very new to all this and really no solid data out there so time to just throw some educated guesses together and see what happens.
    Last edited by Peebz; 03-31-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Peebz Morning mate and hope you`re mellow...if you got on with those 20l airpots they do a 10l and 1l...the 1l is having a laugh cost wise but the 10`s I use for seedlings up to 20`s and found that really helpful as a stepping stone between the two...just a thought mate but looking good

• Peebz
      Peebz commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey PaganRich you think transplanting twice is necessary? The airport's seem to work well but frustrating when I let the soil dry a bit to much and the water just spews out the side holes. Took me ages to water 1 plant properly. Trying to feed the water in drop at a time.

I just bought a couple fabric pots to get me buy for this grow and I will come back to the airport with some experience

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      Hep up Peebz mate-yeap, hear you there. Way I got round that was to dampen surface soil a few minutes before a slow, steady watering and I also watched this vid on youtube where they shake the soil in these pots to get the soil into the nooks and crannies using a conveyor belt (was a large operation mind you). I tried that just before I closed down on 2 lasses and it made watering so much more easier, drainage was much sweeter. Tbh I think I may have compressed the soil a little to much when I tried to fill the hole spaces and the vibrational trick removes that problem. I also water mega slowly. Regarding your lasses, lots of folks use your current method and it works sweet as a nut, no probs so if it`s going great for you, stick with it. Personally, I`d stick with what you`re doing as it`s working well for you and you seem happy with it My thinking is and it`s just a thought, it`s a jump for a lass going straight into a 20l-won`t hurt her-but if you had something mid way then you could achieve a larger root ball to asssist transplantation. Also, if you`re out and about and get delayed and it`s a hot summer as predicted? You get the drift, you get a bit more wiggle room in the drying department. Still, not an issue so go with what works best for you mate-it`s all good

All tucked up in their new home yesterday. Almost time to start training....

Comment

The plants seem to be taking to the new soil. Gave them full veg nutrients tonight and trimmed off all the large fan leaves as they were blocking a lot of light. But stems are looking real thick and strong

Also the 8 ball kush and 1 off the tangy G13 showing signs of a deficiency but I think it's down to me not feeding them enough. pH, temps good. Humidity is about 45rh which is a little low. Doing my best to keep the humidity up with a tub of water and a sponge Infront of the induction fan.

When would I see signs of sex from them? Really can't remember from last time. Worried my humidity has been to low and could turn out some males,
      ​​​​​​

Comment

So looking back at my last ohotos I definitely fucked up and took the defoil to far and stunted growth this week as it took them a while to recover.

Iv got some deficiencies coming through (see photo's). This could be a few things on my part during the days of transplanting so will give it another week of regular feeding before I worry. I also pulled my light away about 2" making it 16" from the tips, all temps and humidity good.

Training started last night, iv been slightly bending the branch's over the last 4 days and then tied them down last night.

Comment

Getting a strange deficiency on one of my tangy G13. Burnt tips and twisted new growth.

Since last feeding I have only gave her cal mag and kelp in plain water. My other tangy and 8 ball kush seem to have cleared up mostly and back on track.

The only thing I could think of is I have started using a garden sprayer to water my plants and this plant just caught some of high strength dregs from sitting whilst in water them.

Temps have been between 21 and 25 C .humidity high 40's and 50's. My ph is normally 6.3-6.5 but a couple bottles had krept up to 6.8 by mistake?

I stuck to my feeding plan but fed them half strength veg nutrients.

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey @Peebz

Just wondering about your schedule?
            How is it set up? Water, water, feed? Or do you feed once a week and water as required?

I'm a hydro guy trying to understand dirt 😁:
            To me - they look like they are ready for (need) those veg nutes (calmag and kelp, is close to what I would use to flush)

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeh so I do my best to water feed water feed but since transplant a week ago I fed it apon transplant then watered it twice since and fed it today. I also do not water to run off when I water them. Only every 2nd feeding.

I forgot to mention I have ammended my soil with chicken manure, fish bone meal and bat guano.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            So your feeding the dirt? Not the plant

Do you add any bacteria, or just what comes with the teas and amendments?

Started training tonight and trimmed a couple bigger fan leaves off to open them up.

Not sure what the issue is with this tangy is. The other two plants seem to be getting on okay so will just continue as normal and see what transpires. Didn't help when I was trying to bend the top branch's into position and one split at the joint. Iv taped her up, hopefully she recovers.

I bought a 2nd viper spectra 450w and used it to germ a couple other seeds. I will be installing them both together in the tent shortly so should get a good light spread this time round.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice training!

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks alltatup

Unfortunately the stem I broke died so my efforts took casualties haha.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Peebz been there, done that!! ;-}

That's us heading into week 6 of veg.

All 3 plants looking really happy again and all back on track. Side branching has taken off so I defoliated them and watered. Over the last week iv topped all 4 main colas on each plant.

before and after of the 8 ball kush

I'll feed them tomorrow and I think I'm going to pull the tangy g13's wider and flatten them out

10 days ago I also sprouted 2 X Gorilla Zkittles which are Cali strains from Barney's. I'm trying the nursery 1 gallon pot with these this time round as suggested previously. I transplanted them after a week from sprout, possibly a bit premature. Ill leave them in there for about 4 weeks before I move them to the 5 gallon pots. I'm open to any suggestions to tidy that up?

Comment

All is well in the tent. Plants seem to be growing nicely. Iv defoliated heavily twice since last post and unfortunately damaged a couple stems returning the pots into the tent that did not recover.

Iv also reduced the feeding frequency, watering twice between feedings and letting them dry a little more.

Couple updates to the tent. I bought a simple temperature controller so I have better stability of the temps in the soon to be flower tent. I'm going to leave the 2 viper spectra in the main tent and just use my less powered LED for the smaller tent.

Almost at week 8, going to try adding half quarter strength bloom nutrients and teas 1 week prior to flipping them.

As you can see in the small tent I have began sprouting 2 more seedlings, my plan was to use these for mother's if they grew up good. But the gorrila Zkittles sprouted but then began to die off for some reason. The tangy G13 has come out strong as the last 2 did.

Comment

Tonight was the final defoliation before flipping them into flower on Monday. I'm happy with how these are coming along. All looking super happy and have rebounded from all the topping and training. Along with my heavy hands breaking a few stems along the way.

Iv done my best to work to a defoliation schedule to help me improve next time round. I added bloom nutrients mid week and a compost tea today.

​​​​​​​I'm going to add a scrog net just to help pull a few stems over that stretch out. I used a net my first grow with auto's and don't get on well with it due to the poor access around my tent. But I have a sprayer now so watering will be easier.

Comment

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice job on your plants. They look great!

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You got some MONSTER fan leaves there!! Lookin great!

• Peebz
                  Peebz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Canuck147 and @alltatup

Still really unsure of whats good and wants bad to be honest. Hopefully I can keep them happy in flowering and produce better buds this time round.

ATU, I kept the big ones near the bottom to help show any deficiencies early on.
                  Last edited by Peebz; 05-05-2019, 04:13 PM.

Going into week 3 of flower and all things looking pretty good. I gave them a heavy defoliation this week and I'll give another next week to keep them open to the light. Photos of the before and afters of the 8 ball kush and 1 of the tangy G13.

Iv had to prop up the 8 ball kush cause she's just a short lady. A good 4-7 inches shorter than the tangy G13's. Got some white pistils developing nicely now.

All going smooth it's just one more big defol and keep them fed for another 5 or so weeks. Some photos of them in the tent tonight.

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lookin good, Peebz!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X