Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out the microscope too

Comment

All those white pistils are turning red/orange. Must be around 40-50% Day 53 of the flower so about 10 more days to go according to the site where I got the seeds so maybe a bit more than that. Tricomes are still clear and look like plastic so will get out the USB microscope this weekend and see what's what.

Lifting the light (16 in), a bit more cal-mag, a bit more Sugar Daddy, a little less of the rest of the nutes, and back down to 16oz of water per day stopped the yellowing and no more brown spots on the lower leaves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	306680

Name:	
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	306677Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	306681

Comment

Buds are gettin phat! :-)

Name:	
Size:	2.38 MB
ID:	307302

Comment

Chopped 4 of the 8 today. Was a blast but took forever to trim. I split the harvest to see the difference in the smoke with half the crop getting a chance to have amber trichomes and more of a molasses flush but just for logistics I am glad I did anyway. Now I can get 1/2 drying and in the jars and it will just be more manageable. Also need more jars :-)

1.4 lbs wet with another 2oz of popcorn - so maybe 4-5 oz when cured? We shall see. (Popcorn is going into a Green Dragon recipe)

Day 64 flower / Day 106 since germinated:

Name:	
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	309000

Some nice ones all trimmed up and drying:

Name:	
Size:	591.0 KB
ID:	309002Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	309003Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	309001Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	982.1 KB
ID:	309004

And still have 4 with a lot more room and light. Trichomes on these were the least cloudy and no amber so maybe another 2 weeks?

Name:	
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	309005

Last edited by billyboy; 05-04-2019, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Outstanding grow just great set of photos. Great idea about 1/2 now 1/2 letting it get a little amber your gonna love it.

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey thanks for the cool words SoOrbudgal! Credit to Fray and Mr Furley. There was a "Pick when Ripe" thread Fray started and then Mr Furley dropped a link to his and a Weed Pharma thread that brought a ton of great info (https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...pick-when-ripe). They got me thinking for sure. Also I am getting a little curious as to if I can get a different high from the exact same genetics and just a little more patience :-)

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on your finish billyboy the numbers sound real great ! Nice Grow !!

6 oz and one seed from 4 plants. Real nice high.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	310184

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	2.53 MB ID:	310185

4 more plants still getting ripe and drinking up that molasses infused water.
          Last edited by billyboy; 05-11-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            And its not a mystery seed. Nice finish !! Good Growing !!

Thursday May 23, 2019 - DAY 125 Grow / DAY 83 Flower

Letting the other four plants continue to get ripe was absolutely the right thing to do. Chopped three of the remaining four last Saturday the 18th (Day 78 of the flower for Second Harvest). That was two weeks later than the original chop for the first four plants. Second Harvest just finished drying and are in the jars for the cure. But let me just say that those two weeks made an incredibly huge difference. Yuge. Exactly the same genetics and a completely different experience from when we partook of First Harvest. Second Harvest has way more of the properties that we were expecting. 100% Medicinal quality.

Absolutely the finish and flush with molasses (full two weeks 2 tbsp/gl and a squirt of CalMag) made a massive difference in smoothness, bud density and flavor. Cannot overstate how much the advice on this site is spot on. Thanks folks, Nebula and Sirius.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	697.0 KB ID:	312034

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	690.3 KB ID:	312035

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	312036

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	978.2 KB ID:	312037

Last edited by billyboy; 05-23-2019, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• WizardsNThings
            WizardsNThings commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice grow! That was a fun read all the way from the start. Those buds were so fat by the end

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks - was a great first experience. Looking forward to breaking down the room and cleaning it up for the grow#2. Got some great seeds on the 4/20 sales to get sprouted and in the dirt! :-)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X