Ready to flower? 😁😍

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to flower? 😁😍

I'm growing 4 feminized Cookies Kush by Barney's Farm in a 39" x 39" x 60" tent. Right now the canopy is 12-14" above tote and I have 41" from top of canopy to very top of tent.

Additional background:
    • First time grow from seed (started 28 days ago)
    • Canopy is 12-14" above totes right now
    • Light and required space takes up 24" of remaining 41" = 17" leftover
    • Breeder says plant will grow to just over 3ft (39")
    • Light needs to be about 12" from canopy
    • Light itself takes up about 12"
    If plant doubles in height during stretch then my math leads me to believe I only have an "extra" 5 inches available, after accounting for the space taken up by light and require space between lights and canopy.

So does this mean it's time to flower?

This is a heavy indica. I doubt it will double in height. When to flip is highly dependent on your lights and space.
    https://www.growweedeasy.com/best-he...annabis-plants
    4x4 600w HID with 4 incredible bulk (new strain for me)
    3x3 400w HID with 4 incredible bulk (new strain for me)
    2x2 LED 300w Mars Hydro with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.

Comment

The plant looks good, u need to pick out the bud sites and do some deforestation to allow air flow around each bud site. After the buds u have chosen tie the branches down this should give y more wiggle room for height.lol
      The best weed has yet to grown
      six autos started under T8 floresents, 1 photo started under 315 LEC
      1, 315 LEC
      3 gal. S.P.’s
      refurbished and amended ffof with core peat moss and pertlite
      6” scrubber, 440 exhaust
      1 oscillating tower fan
      2 oscillating 6” clip on fans
      ff nutes,molasses,cal- mag, silica,and recharge

Comment

• ocgreen
        ocgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure I understand what you mean by picking out bud sites. Underneath all the leaves I have tons of little plant ties tying things down in a way where I'm trying to maximize the number of bud sites you can see from top. Not saying I'm doing a good job but that's the attempt!

I will do some more reading on defoliation as both you and the article Toker1 linked mention it.

Thanks again

Thanks for response and link to article.

Ok so I am growing these under a 315w CMH and the article says:

LEC or CMH Grow Lights – Follow general guidelines for HPS lights based on your wattage (a 315W is good for ~15" tall, and a 630W is good for ~22" tall)

Is that saying the final height of the plant should be 15" approximately? 🤔

Sounds like it's flower time! 🤗🎉

Comment

If your light penetrates 15” deep... then you want the nodes stacked just under 15” tall... because a 15” total plant will penetrate your light down to the soil. That would only waste electricity.
        4x4 600w HID with 4 incredible bulk (new strain for me)
        3x3 400w HID with 4 incredible bulk (new strain for me)
        2x2 LED 300w Mars Hydro with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Toker1. I think I understand now. Sounds like I should be aiming for a 15" thick canopy

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, exactly. I would thin out the canopy a bit too first. Give those bigger branches some extra room. If you lean towards the blue color CMH bulbs for the first 2-3 weeks of flower (until stretching stops), you can reduce the stretch and make more compact buds in the end.

I grew some Kandy Kush by Reserva Privada. it doubled in height during flower. I think kush is spelled s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          What was your light source? Stretching can be caused by environmental issues as well.

• Eliot Pryor
          Eliot Pryor commented
          Editing a comment
          I had 2 135 watt Lighthouse Hydro Blackstars. Kept them about 5 inches off the tops until they grew into them. The Blackstars draw 81 watts each. Seems like I grew several of them. That strain I learned was prone to hermie. And of course mine did. I plucked most of the male flowers as I seen them. I got about 16 seeds from that first one. I grew several of them. They were full female. Great smoke and it really smelled like candy at the end of flower. ( I thought) wife said it smelled like a skunk. Cheers !!

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never used those lights before... but seems to have a lot of red diodes. Red will make plants stretch. First few weeks of flower, you want blue to minimize stretching. Then red after that to fatten up the buds.

I just went through the same decision. I am now mid through flower and still have more room to move the CMHs up. I have 8 different strains but with the stretchier ones I did lots of LST and bent them over. The G13 is a monster. You can always find a way plus lights are much closer in flower.

Comment

• ocgreen
          ocgreen commented
          Editing a comment
          Hope your grow turns out well! I decided to take everyone's advice and defoliated a bit. Will most likely give that a week, maybe even two, so i can be sure there's a nice thick canopy. I think you're right -- can find a way to tie down if running out of space.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X