Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellow leaves please help first grow!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow leaves please help first grow!!!!! HELP!!!!!

I am on my first grow and at 16 days old my plant is showing yellow leaves starting at the bottom. I am using Coco as the medium and general hydronics Go Box (dosage at 1/4 to 1/3 only) nutrients. I test pH levels before watering and the runoff and was between 5.5-6.5. I am using 184 watts CFL bulbs in spacebucket. I am on a 20/4 light schedule. The bad thing is that my humidity levels are bad here. I am running 3 humidifiers plus wet rag in bucket and 2 USB powered mini humidifiers right in front of intake fan and got humidity up to 56 today. Without a humidifier my the was 20.
    please help!!!!!

here some pictures
    Last edited by RebelS; 03-10-2019, 05:58 AM.

Here my plant. Is it maybe to much nutes? I did not use full strength started at a 1/4 amount (0.25ml per liter, then 0.5ml then 0.75ml)

Comment

Oh, I forgot.....I am growing a White Widow.
      and any help will be greatly appreciated! I guess when it says a beginner will make mistakes is no joke, no matter how careful!!!
      y'all have a great week, happy growing!!!
      Last edited by RebelS; 03-10-2019, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Your pot looks a bit small, could it be root bound? Doesn't take them long to fill a pot, @ 16 days I'd figure you'd be in at least a 1 gal pot.
        Plant still looks vigorous.
        "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Dear greenstate,
          Thank you so much for your reply! I was scared to transplant when leaves turned yellow but will check for rootbound issues. I have a pot I made from landscaping fabric. I will definitely check that!
          Thank you so much!!

Comment

Update!!!!!

My baby has Brown discoloration now !!!! State of panic setting in !!!!
          Will check out your advice!!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            RebelS, If there are root problems, you will get all kinds of symptoms on your leaves. Check your pH in your water solution and pH out in the runoff. That's super important. And if you haven't re-potted, do so!! https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph

Transplant and feed with just do water and cal mag, try moving closer to light as well. Remember, this is a weed and doesn't require to much attention. Sometimes we over think these things. The water and cal mag should be every other feed.
          Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• RebelS
            RebelS commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much! I will do just that. I am glad that y'all replied so quickly😊

I agree with both bigger pot and some cal-mag see what it does after a couple days

Comment

Thank you all again! I will keep you updated!!!

Comment

Hi,
              I am totally lost still.....maybe I need to wait longer but it looks like things are getting worse.
              I transplanted to a bigger pot 2 days ago and added calmag to the water. PH runoff was 6.3.
              Maybe I expect to much to change in a few days.
              Will still keep you updated.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you still only feeding 1/4 nutrient? Did you give it calmag?

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                How often do you water? How much?

I water when the top of the coco is getting dry or lighter in color. Usually daily. Sometimes I have to wait another 12 hours to water if still wet.
              I started upping the nutrients to 1/2 strength but still not much change. I also got hydroguard yesterday and I will try that. I fed calmag at full strength and I water until I have runoff.

i am confused however...some people say water everyday nomatter what and how dry/wet the coco is. Some say wait till it needs water. I grow a lot of houseplants and herbs and gardening and seldom had problems. As this is a "weed" technically I am flabbergasted.

I will post another pic today. She is still turning Brown on edges and yellowing. Maybe the coco was a bad batch but I am using "nature's agro products" coco.

I think maybe as a newbie you read so much about it to get it right that you actually mess it up. Experience is what I need. But that will make me mess up some.

should I maybe flush her?
              any help will be appreciated!

Thank you,
              ​​​​​​​confused newbie

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I would flush with 6.3 PH water and let the pit dry till it's light as a feather, probably about 2 to 3 days. I'll check back in a couple days and explain a little more about watering coco.

Thank you so much for all your help.Mr.furley, I would love more advice!!! What my confused newbie mind made me do is to flush her and then start to up the nutrients for 2 days and then in frustration I topped her also. But even under all that stress I was shocked to see her looking better. However, I still think ( judging from online photos) that her growth was stunted before. I do not know because height seems to differ from Type.
              I think maybe my lights are too high up. I am limited to a bucket with cfl's...but I think she looks better. She is 4 weeks plus 2 days old. And I have been watering daily until I got runoff like about 20%

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                No problem, so with the watering.....
                You can water everyday as long as you get runoff everytime, but I think it's a waste of nutes, water, time.... I personally prefer to water to runoff and let the pot dry till it's lite when lifted or dry two knuckles deep, sometimes that's a day and some times its three days.

Make sure you give your plant time to recover, and change things slowly as to not shock your plant.
                Cfl bulbs can be within 2 inchs of the plant, just watch closely as the plant can grow in to them fast.
                I would start to up your nutes a little each feeding, your plant is old enough for it, if you start seeing tip burn Back off a little.

I personally don't feed every watering, I alternate
                Plain Ph'ed(6.0 to 6.3) water, let the pots dry then feed, let the pots dry and repeat.
                If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask and if you can share picks of your set up and plant it really help with a quick diagnosis.
                Good luck and happy grows

Here the newest pic

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you spraying the leaf with water?
                It looks good for color in top, the bottom leaf will not "come back" you have to just make sure it's not spreading.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X