First planting request help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First planting request help

Hello everyone, I am very happy to be here in this magical family. I will start my first planting. I now have 315CHM6; 300LED1; Grimma XX of the Brothers Grimm, Super Lemon Haze in the Greenhouse, Utopia Haze of Barney Farm, Columbia Gold, Some seeds such as lemon and diesel; in order to ensure the good growth of the seeds, I want to be cautious every step from now on; I have a question that needs everyone to give advice: I use coconut perlite, 40*50 pot, will be small I plant seeds in the cup; I want to know if the soil needs to be supplemented with calcium and magnesium and rooting nutrients. I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

Hi mingzhu, welcome to the forum...yes if your growing in coconut core and perlite you need to supply all the nutrients to her. Be careful not to overdo the nutes 1/2 strength usually works best. Make sure u have good drainage. Don’t overwater seedlings and keep lights at require height. Before planting rinse core completely to remove all salts.and the most important thing is to ph the water properly!!!!! I can’t stress this point enough,PH your water, and have fun,if problems arise post it here and we will try to answer, pictures help! The main site should answer most questions.

Comment

• PhantomSulker
      PhantomSulker commented
      Editing a comment
      I will back up the PH statement, I am still a newbie, but I have spent a lot of time reading and 90% of all problems seem to end up being PH related. It took me the first 2 months or so to realize how important it was. Welcome to the Forum and you will find any information you need between this Forum and GWE site!

Thank you for your reply, though not the result I want! I sprouted 16 seeds on March 10, and 13 seeds have sprouted in 13-15; but there are still 3 seeds that don't know why there is still no result today; in order to facilitate the transplant, I sprouted in the mixture of coconut perlite, My current temperature is 19 degrees Celsius! (The seeds that are not germinated are 2 gorillas 4# automatic glue and 1 automatic diesel donated by seedsman. I want to know if there is time or other difference in the germination of automated seeds and periodic seeds. All photoperiod seeds are germinated, all gifts are automatically All the seeds didn't sprout! I was surprised! Because these days are very busy; I don't have time to come here; I will publish growth journals in a few days; thank you all.

Comment

Hello mingzhu, welcome to the magical family! I grow hydroponically, so I will let the soil growers help you. I wish you the very best experiences during your grow.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• mingzhu
        mingzhu commented
        Editing a comment
        Sincerely thank you for your help.

I have a feeling there duds! It does happen. A bit surprised there all autos? What seed bank was used?

Comment

• mingzhu
        mingzhu commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello, your guess is correct! It is a free gift from Seedsman (Queens Gorilla #4, and Automated Diesel at Barney Farm). They still don't sprout!

I will measure it every time for PH; I need a feeding table for seedlings and growing seasons, and the official feeding plan seems to be less accurate! Who has a successful experience please help me! I am a bit confused about the use of calcium and magnesium in seed germination or seedling growth. There are two ways to say that it is correct ph tap water without adding any nutrients. The second way is to soak coconut with added calcium and magnesium nutrition; I need to get it right. s answer! thank you! My seeds: Jack Hell of 1seedsman, Super Lemon Fog of 2 Greenhouse, Cinderella XX of 2 Brothers, BONUS BUNDLE BruceBanger of 1seedsman, Super Silver Haze of 2MSNL, Super Lemon Diesel of 1MSNL, 1 Blueberry of Passion, 1 Colombian gold in the seed world, Utopia haze on the 2 Barney farm; they are all feminine periodic seeds that have sprouted! And have shown the cotyledons or the first pair of very small leaves, currently I use a 315w CDM lamp to illuminate the top of 1.2 meters! How long do I need to add nutrition? What is the ratio? I have GH Flora trio, silicone, root water, organic seaweed, B52, root rot, etc. What do I need to do?
      Last edited by mingzhu; 03-15-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I saw the issue of coconut blend growth in my home last year; there are very detailed descriptions, seed sprouting, feeding tables, lighting, flipping time, flowering, harvesting... and photos will be available every time! But I couldn't find it in the last few days? why? If the author sees, you can contact me! I thank you! look forward to

Comment

mingzhu, seedlings need heat to germinate. Here's how I do it:

How I germinate

I put a germinating tray on top of a germination heating pad. I moisten the root riots with Ph'd water, then I snip an opening on the small bottom end, insert the seed like a hot dog on a bun, and stand the wide end of the root riot in the germ tray. I put on the top to the germ. tray and open the vents: I don't want the water evaporating too quickly, so the germ heat pad has to be at the right temperature--not too hot, but keeping them warm. I use pH'd water and a small syringe to keep them moist, but not soaking wet.

I test the heat that the pad is producing daily, and I check the root riots 2-3 times during the day. Keep root riots slightly moist, but not drowning in water. You have to be very consisten with the moisture and heat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_74456.png
Views:	195
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	298730Click image for larger version

Name:	image_74458.png
Views:	175
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	298732Click image for larger version

Name:	germ tray.png
Views:	165
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	298735Click image for larger version

Name:	image_74459.png
Views:	157
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	298733

Click image for larger version  Name:	seedlings.png Views:	1 Size:	405.8 KB ID:	298734

When I germinate I make sure I'm going be around a lot. Usually seeds germinate in less than 48 hours, but some seeds just take longer than others to pop up.

I put the left over root riots in baggies and into the freezer (they need to stay moist) for future grows.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by alltatup; 03-16-2019, 05:06 AM.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• mingzhu
            mingzhu commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you again for your help, your answer is comprehensive, I like it! Thank you

I wouldn’t give any nutrients yeat, seedlings have enough nutrients on there own for a few weeks. after that I would start them on a week solution 1/2 strength at most along with the silica at full strength and some cal-mag at full strength as well. A common mistake is to overwater them, mj likes to cycle wet to dry. Afterall it’s a weed ! Chow

Comment

• mingzhu
            mingzhu commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your reply

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X