Grow #1 5 surprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grow #1 5 surprises

I had 5 random seeds. All turned out to be female. Did various training and topping/fimming methods on each plant. 3 in 5 gallon and 2 in 3 gallon fabric pots with fox farms and a pretty nice line up of Advanced nutrients. 600 watt marks hydro led light.all in a 3x3x6 tent. Am I too crowded in my tent or no? Seems I am with 5 but the two smaller ones didnt grow as fast. I feel If I get rid of one I will have wasted too much time, and i would have to much extra space that could be filled up. Is it possible to have to many tops? Is this adequate for 2 and 1/2 months of veg? How high should I veg them to? I dont want to run out of space because its usually 2x or 3x the height of the plant. I have feeding and light down I mean it's pretty simple I have never had a problem with health issues with these plants either. Always happy and healthy.

Well nobody's watching but heres an update on my first grow of 5 random seeds I had that all turned out to be females. It's been about 4 days since I switched to flower and did some defoliatation. Switched up my nutes to flower and fed them today and well. Advanced nutrients has a bit high ppm i noticed. Fed at 6.1 at 1350 ppms. I also installed a 4" carbon air filter system as the smell was taking over my whole house. I started off feeding two or three times and then just water. But the past few weeks I have fed 4 or 5 times in a row and to no avail I havemt gotten any nutrient burn. Is it recommended to just water the plants without nutrients every so often?any tips?

Comment

• Stevepmd
      Stevepmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Stanzcooked,
      I have a question about your 4inch carbon air filter, did it take care of the smell in your house?
      Thanks

• Thatguy147
      Thatguy147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it did! I have mine pulling the air from inside the tent pushing it out the top! Mine was about $100 on Amazon. Vivosun 4" carbon air filter system with the variable speed controller

Welcome to GWE Stanzcooked and congrats on your mystery grow ! Its nice to here seeds are popping for a change. You have a real nice grow going. My advice would be to keep doing what you are doing and do not stress the plants to much! Looking forward to the finish! Good luck. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Thatguy147
      Thatguy147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! Much appreciated.😎😎

Looks good Thatguy147
    peeps are watching, then just are more will to jump if they see a problem.
    your going to have a full box and to answer your questions
    1) you need about 4 to 6 Sq inchs per each top, don't want them touching.
    2) you are good with the veg time, last grow I flipped a plant at 5 weeks, some I wait 8 weeks, small pots will keep plant a little smaller and veg time does not always determined plant size.
    3) 2x or 3x is what to expect, you may need to remove 1 plant to keep 4 alive and healthy all the way to harvest, it would not be a waste of time, but trashing all 5 for rot because of overcrowded would. Just keep a good eye on you spacing and if it's getting to crowded, take the runt. For reference, the max I run is 4 plants ( strain depending) in a 3x4x6 tent with 600watt hps.
    congrats on all the luck with the females and as far as tips go I would suggest to keep your PPM at or below 1300 for intake, and give your girls a good plain Ph'ed water flush in the third week of flower to reset the medium for the rest of there Journey.
    Happy growing.
    Last edited by Mr.furley; 03-11-2019, 11:30 PM.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Thatguy147
      Thatguy147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I will keep the third week flush in mind.

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Super helpful. Thank you.

About a 9 days or so into flower. Plants are healthy and growing like crazy. Buds have already started forming. Was wondering if anybody has ever seen a plant do what one of mine is doing. It is only on one branch but it is weird. Still healthy though. As you can see the branch is nice and thick at the bottom and at the top as well, but about halfway up the branch goes flat and goes very thick . Its 1/4" thick all the way around at the bottom, then at the top half the branch is 1/2" across. Pictures probably aren't in order but you can see what I'm talking about.

Comment

Oh and the stem feels like it is hollow and has a decent size bud going on compared to all the other ones. This stem is kind of hidden from the light in the corner under a few other colas of the tent but seems to be growing the best for some reason

Comment

• billyboy
        billyboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I see it too.

Do you think the ones on the edge are stretching for the light and that makes it seem like that are growing best? My edges are growing best as well.

• Thatguy147
        Thatguy147 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure like I said it's pretty much in the very back and only light it gets is from the reflection off the wall but it seems to be the healthiest and fastest growing branch.

The stems look fine. Your grow looks good. 1350ppm sounds high to me but some plants like ALOT of nutrients. As long as you get no nutrient burn then just keep doing what your doing. Plants do get more sensitive to things as they flower so just watch out for any signs it has changed what it wants.

And just because people dont post does not mean we are not watching. If people arent posting it probably just means things are going great and no input is needed. I am really interested to see if you can pull off 5 plants in that space. Just realize that as long as you fill the tent you will probably end up with a certain amount of bud for the space and light used. It wont matter if its 5 plants or 1 huge one, in the end you will probably end up with the same amount of bud.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Thatguy147
        Thatguy147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I'm very interested in how the 5 are going to go. In probably gunna get another set up for next time and have one plant in each? I'm not sure yet. I wish one turned Male on me so I could just had four and been nice and spaced out. I defoliate a lot, considering the lack of space but they never seem to mind and dont really stunt growth at all.

Plants are doing good. The smallest one seems to have a bit of nutrient burn so I'm gunna just give em all PhD water. I did a bit more of defoliation after these pictures. Domt really have a need for them to grow any bigger so maybe it'll stunt them a bit. I'm secretly hoping the smallest plant will just drop dead over night so I have more room for just the four. But i cant just kill it after 3 months of work. So if it dies it dies!

Comment

Plants are doing good still. The smallest has recovered but then next smallest seems to have developed an issue. Let me know what u guys think. Sorry if the purple light its messing with it

Comment

Nice grow. Heavy defol in the start of the thread but obviously doing well. I am doing full hydro so not sure how compares to yours but my canopy is pretty thick. I just add more fans to make sure the air circulates well. Will definitely be interesting to see what comes out since you don’t know the strains.

Comment

• Thatguy147
            Thatguy147 commented
            Editing a comment
            These plants are relentless with the amount of leaves they have so I had to heavily defoliate the whole time I tried to space it out but they just kept shooting out leaves.

The tips of the leaves on this plant are drooping down and some of the bigger fan leaves are dying or have a deficiency. a few Have spots that look like the leaves are dying. None of the the fresh growth really. You can see it. It isn't a lot of the leaves either. Let me know guys thanks.

Comment

What is the ppm you are feedind and how often?, I see a little tip burn. This is on the upper part of the plant? Or the whole plant?
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Thatguy147
              Thatguy147 commented
              Editing a comment
              I feed once per week at about 1300 rpm. It seems to be randomly scattered. I can tell where other leaves were affected but it seems like whatever was going on stopped. I'll check when I get home later but some leaves were worse than others. Some had dead spots in the leaves and some where the color faded some but it didn't die.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              1300 RPM? Sounds fast! LOL.

Plants are doing good. Gunna have to flush the two smaller ones. Bit of a nutrient burn. Going to feed regular on the other three. Buds are coming in hot. Posted a picture of the super branch as well. Still not receiving direct light and it is by far the biggest and best looking. And some pictues I took through some 5x little examine lenses I found laying around. Not sure if the right ones uploaded of those but I'll see after I post this I guess.

Comment

In a bit of need of help here. This smaller plant is a but fucked up. Any clues? I was thinking magnesium potassium or calcium or something close to that but I'm not too sure. And then two of the three larger have a some spots where the pistils have changed to orange or look burnt. Help. Please lol

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like Nute or light burn.
                What's your Ph been?
                What's your ppm's?
                You alternate feedings and waterings?
                Light height?

Ppms at 1300 I believe at normal feed. I ph at 6.1-6.3.The light was lower about a week ago at like 14" I raised it to about 16-18" last week. I havent just straight PhD water in a long time. Should I try that? The three bigger ones dont really seem to have anything wrong other than maybe what was light burn a week ago. Or should I just give them base nutes at the normal ph that I do.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                I think the one in the second picture has a touch of nutrients burn, it has yellow/brown tips and edges working from the outside in with dark leaves 1300ppm is high especially every watering, 800 to 1200 ppm is about the number most find the sweet spot. It would be a good idea to give them a flush with plain Ph'ed water.
                You could have a little light burn on your Pistils. Backing off your light was a good call and if need you can move it a little more for a couple days to help relieve stress while they recover.
                Good luck.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X