Try growing without tons of chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try growing without tons of chemicals

Using all these crazy chemicals on plants is getting out of control. I'm seeing so many new things and crazy things getting used on plants that are being smoked or used for edibles. Some list are like 10 items long grow bigs, booster, grow more, grow even bigger, grow even more lmao. I'm sure this will get some people excited as some of my post do but its like cheating using all the chemicals to grow weed. I see some post of Chernobyl looking buds and plants that claim to b grown by a person not a chemical lmao. Fake tits look great but they arnt real. But this is our world now I guess ( look at me I bought a 30 dollar seed cannabis cup winner lol and gave it crazy amounts of chemicals and ( I) key word , grew these huge toxic buds). Same as the medical shit that when lit sparks like a firework. Well that's my rant happy growing all or happy cheming I should say

Those chems may (or may not) make huge buds, I dont use them, I like organics! To me even with flushing, those heavy chems leave a bad taste, and what I have seen here from the shops is harsh! (not to mention over priced @ $2000+ per lb)

Comment

Yes, the marketing machine has created insanity, IMO.

There was a Polish horticulturist who tested/studied/published 7 different feeding style/types etc. (in soil) a few years ago on cannabis.
      Jorge Cervantes had him on video explaining the study.

The very best results in quantity and quality came from an organic soil with adding just minerals.
      Second best was organic soil with good quality water.

Those results changed the way I grow.

The problem I see, is the nutrient manufacturers making claims which may have some "science" behind it-
      The amount their nutrient effects the grow- are simply splitting hairs of the actual significance.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	nutes.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	293287
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• KTM690
          KTM690 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmao furley you have the best post

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.furley I'd like a side of fava beans and a nice chianti with mine.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha! ....It does what itā€™s told or else it gets the hose again.

"Fake tits look great but they arnt real."

Sold to the highest bidder. He has more money than brains. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dYDi6OO4o0

Comment

Yeah salt based nute lines havenā€™t been my thing either. I went organic and couldnā€™t be happier. I havenā€™t had a nute lockout or pH problem in years. Lots of good options out there right now. You got guano lines, Nectar for the Gods, and even Advanced Nutrients just released a certified organic line. As long as youā€™re feeding your soil beneficial microbes with them, youā€™ll never see a greener garden.
          Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

Water is a chemical. Itā€™s not organic by definition. Are you saying you donā€™t use water?
            4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• KTM690
              KTM690 commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess I have no idea what I'm saying. Sounded like try growing without 109 different things added to watering just putting it out there. Keep it simple stupid ill take simple

• KTM690
              KTM690 commented
              Editing a comment
              Look again at how plants use up what's in their soils or water

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Understood. Any good system needs to be lean. So I know what you mean by K.I.S.S., I just like to think about what is available in perfect soil for growing mj. Personally, I use a mix of organic and and synthetic. I also use plenty of beneficial organisms. A healthy soil is key to great success.

Love your rant lol I just made the switch to all natural

Comment

Organic has always given me great flavor and smooth smoke. But when it comes down to it your plants need NPK and various other trace substances to thrive. Essentially the salt based nutrients are already broken down to the most readily available form. That being said I will only ever grow organic.

Comment

I'm a golf course superintendent so I'm into all the chemicals. And have studied enough to be as organic as possible with grows. A few days ago a buddy of mine who sadly has cancer brought over some med weed. I was blown away at how bad it was. We stopped and I brought out some herer I have and he was amazed with it. Gave the poor guy some to take home and told him to see me if he needs more. My point of the rant was from what I've seen on here most are growing buds that would crush the meds but also some are getting crazy with the nutrients happy growing Thanks for feed back

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thatā€™s commendable of you. Each is their own with nutes...Totally agree about not overdoing it.

• KTM690
                  KTM690 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  For sure I could care less about what anyone else does with their shit. And I know there's way worse shit I put in my body by breathing and eating and sleeping and drinking and everything else we touch smell or can't see. Was cool to see that every post had something different to say. I'm excited to get my current grow finished its my first grow with my own compost and amendment's mix only used water and some molasses this grow.

I think moderation in all things including nutrition of my grow is important (1/2) of manufacturers rec.dose is my norm sometimes less Is morešŸ˜

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed. Although mies van der rohe was speaking about ornamentation in architecture when he said ā€œless is moreā€. It still applies to this discussion.

Itā€™s still not natural anything synthetic. Like pumping chickens with anything to make them big at a faster rate than they would normally. I feel if itā€™s for medicine it shouldnā€™t be grown synthetically. Think about it you grow with chemicals that you have to flush because they make your product taste nasty. When I thought about it, it didnā€™t make sense to put chems into something that then I donā€™t want to have wtf??

Comment

• Potted
                  Potted commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hell, at least half the generic medications that are prescribed by doctors are made synthetically, saying that if the plant uses up all chems before harvest or the chems are flushed away.
                  As long as chems are absent from the end product, whatā€™s the beef?

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not following....I never flush. Just remove nitrogen from the diet 2 weeks before harvest. You condemn synthetic nutrients but continue to grow mj indoors under artificial lighting with your heat or ac pumping. What else is natural about your grow besides nutrients?
                  Last edited by Toker1; 02-21-2019, 11:10 PM.

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Potted thats the problem I have with big pharme today, I myself have problems with the synthetics,,, here take this it'll fix that, and take this for the other issue the med causes,,,

Lol relax guys itā€™s just my opinion on synthetic fertilizers. I have no beef with growing that way. Thatā€™s why I donā€™t like meds theyā€™re man made.Like I said on my earlier post I just made the switch from dwc to soil. I first started with soil but hate having to ph my water. I love the way plants grow in hydro and I find it easy except having to clean the resevoir every week lol. Plants get huge and heavy. Not a bad thing. Itā€™s just I always wanted to grow weed easy and organic soil so far is the easiest Iā€™ve found no having to ph my water or runoff from soil. No cleaning resevoir. No having to worry about ph pen calibration. No more buying bottles to feed with. Etc,etc. Iā€™m just glad I have tried the tutorials here on GWE except coco coir but itā€™s like dwc I think and now I found a way thatā€™s not on the tutorials but hopefully will be soon so I can see the differences in styles and like I said I love the way they grow in DWC but gotta give organic soil a try thatā€™s all. When I first decided I wanted to give growing a try was because I didnā€™t want dispensary bud and growing with bottled nutrients is pretty much like dispensary bud (to me) plus I thought I was growing organic buds but I wasnā€™t since I was using bottled nutrients.. Thatā€™s my opinion and Iā€™m just a beginner in the growing world I started 3 years ago and still learning.

Comment

All the post have been great there's many ways to grow. I agree Cali haven't bought meat in a store forever we raise our own. I grow my weed the same. I know what's in it and that was the main reason for this post. I was getting curious to see others ways and opinions on the nutrient front. There's tons of nutrient lines out there now and tons of lies about it, like u said about the chickens. Greed has taken over like always lol bigger faster more faster bigger more. I'm excited to post this yrs outdoor grow planted in the ground only getting water if it gets dry out. Using same compost as indoor tilled into the natural earth makes for some great plants happy growing

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X