HID light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! HID light problem

I have a Vivosun 400 watt MH with a digital ballast in my veg tent. I've been having issues with it turning on. At first I thought it was the bulb. So I put a HPS in there (which turned right on) for the night until I could buy a new MH the next day. The new bulb worked as it should... then it started acting up again last night! I blew the breaker, so I waited 30 minutes so everything could cool down, it wouldn't turn on. I waited over 2 hours, still nothing. It eventually turned on after I reset the timer. So then today it was supposed to turn on at 4:00 pm and it won't turn the MH on again. I reset the timer, bypassed the timer and nothing. I put the HPS in there and it turned on right away. Is my ballast the problem?
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

sounds like it might be
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

I would check all connections by that I mean unplug and repluug everything and loose the timer to eliminate that as a suspect, if that doesent do it,yea I’d b looking at the ballast as well😖

Comment

• JerryMawuana
        JerryMawuana commented
        Editing a comment
        I checked all that every time the light wouldn't turn on. Unfortunately it's really starting look like I'm right

It's worth check that you have matching bulb to ballast
      they make magnetic and digital. Just a thought.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• JerryMawuana
        JerryMawuana commented
        Editing a comment
        It came as a package with both bulbs.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        If it is a new package I would return it, some of those knock off brands have been know to cause problems. Just my opinion but the high powered electronic should be of quality. Good luck.

• JerryMawuana
        JerryMawuana commented
        Editing a comment
        That's my plan. I was excited to start growing and it was cheap. I learned my lesson.

We all do,just part if the process I guess...👍

Comment

Does the voltage for the ballast match your wiring for the room? It shouldn’t be tripping the breaker. Could be too many things running on that specific circuit and it can’t handle the load. Just a thought, but other than that I’d say it’s a ballast problem.
        Rawtton by Ethos Journal

Comment

• JerryMawuana
          JerryMawuana commented
          Editing a comment
          I live in an old apartment, so old there's fuses instead of breakers. Apparently the bedroom and living room are on the same fuse. I moved one tent so it's on a different fuse. Apparently I can't vacuum when my lights on.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X