Blue Dream - End of Week 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Dream - End of Week 12

So, I've dealt with the crowding issue by lollipoping the plant and thinning any large leaves that were a) in the shade and not providing much or b) shading a bud site. Despite this, I have my first leaf burned from contact with the light. Actually the tip of another leaf looks burned as well. I've tried to deal with that by crushing the stem a bit (it's hard, really hard) and starting a little gentle training to get it away from the light.

The TDS in the res is running less than 700 PPM. This may be okay, I have no idea. I'm trying to run about 50% of the recommendation from Fox Farms. I fed it again tonight. Last feeding was last Sunday - one week. Not really sure what I should be doing since the plant seems healthy and robust. And I'm seeing buds all over the canopy which is good.

In preparation for the buds, I finally installed an exhaust fan. It is only a 4" system and it works really well. Right now I'm running it 30 mins on / 2 hours off. My timer only handles 30-minute increments, so that's what I'm running. The thing I'm seeing is that the RH, which was running in the mid 80's to low 90's, now runs from about 80 down to whatever ambient RH is which can be as low as 20%. I question what needs to be done to avoid mold in the buds and whether running RH up and down like this will succeed. Any guidance?

Edit: Meant to mention that I am trying to manage the light that I have, but I don't see any way to get enough light on the buds around the periphery of this plant.

Now, some pics.

The grow cam.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190217_210949.png Views:	1 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	292654

First, here is the fan ducting. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, though I could stand to trim the duct line. It's about twice as long as it needs to be. Flow restriction is not a problem.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Exhaust interior 20190214_173953.png Views:	1 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	292656Click image for larger version  Name:	Exhaust exterior 20190214_173953.png Views:	1 Size:	574.7 KB ID:	292655

And the plant.

Here is the structure after I cleaned things up. You can also see how it's starting to fight the light.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD Week 12 structure 20190217_202415.png Views:	1 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	292658

The top.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD Week 12 top 20190217_202415.png Views:	1 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	292659

Now some kind of disappointing snapshots of buds.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD Week 12 buds-2 20190217_202415.png Views:	1 Size:	1.13 MB ID:	292660

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD Week 12 buds-4 20190217_202415.png Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	292661

Here is the badly burned leaf.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BD Week 12 buds-3 20190217_202415.png Views:	1 Size:	1.33 MB ID:	292662

That's about it for now. As always, feedback is appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by madams9; 02-17-2019, 11:42 PM.
    Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

looking pretty good. nice trimming job. Ideally in flower you don't want to go above 50% humidity so run the exhaust as much as you can without the tent getting too cold.
    Learn how to control humidity in the cannabis grow room to get faster growth and better yields!

Have you got a carbon filter to get rid of smell going out your vent?
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

• madams9
      madams9 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the filter but I didn't install it. There's nobody around to smell it and it's a legal grow in my location. I don't anticipate a whole lot of olfactory action on this one because it's just one plant that I don't think is going to get that big.

Having said that, this grow has been full of surprises. If I need to install the filter later I can do so. I may also have to buy a new timer. I would really like to run a 15/45 cycle on this fan.

also, second big picture from the bottom, keep an eye on that strange looking growth on the side just under the pistils
    Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
    600W HPS
    Coco
    GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
    Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

She's out growing your tent be careful of touching the light. Great looking girl might have to bend her over hard now

Comment

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
        also, second big picture from the bottom, keep an eye on that strange looking growth on the side just under the pistils
        Yesiree looks like a fully extended erection. I think I'd clip it off just to be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by OzBud View Post
          I watched it. It came to nothing. Just another bundle of greenery. Fortunately.
          Third grow - Northern Lights and Red Cheese (Southern Oregon Seeds) , ​​​​DWC hydro

Comment

I took the advice of KTM690 and bent her over. It bought about 3 or 4 inches and I think it's going to be okay. Here is a pic of the clearance I've got now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BD Week 13 clearance.png
Views:	124
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	293351

Here is the bend in the stem. I've weighed it down with a bottle with just enough water in it to keep the stem from pursuing it's filly upright posture.

Name:	BD Week 13 bent over.png
Views:	105
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	293353

And the buds on that stem abound. It would have cost some production to snip that off. I hope I can save all of it.

Name:	BD Week 13 buds.png
Views:	122
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	293354

Week 14 begins Monday morning. I'll probably update Sunday evening. I've got questions about the TDS in the res. Not sure they're high enough and the window is closing on any tinkering I do. In a few weeks it will be time to back off and just let her fatten up.

Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X