Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Question

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade my lights to CMH lights and I'm debating between the Sun System 315 and 630 lights. I have a 4x4x6 tent and depending on the source, the 315 wont cover that whole area. I'd like to stay around $400-$500 but I am willing to spend more since its tax refund time. Would you all recommend the 315 or 630? Also, any stores or trusted sources to get a good price on these very expensive lights would be welcomed

dude its all in the bulb....I run a Maxibright 315w.....but I use Philips bulbs
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• cman
      cman commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for that feedback. I have not heard of Maxibright and will check them out too

DrPhoton is the guy to talk to about lights
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• cman
      cman commented
      Editing a comment
      Groovy. I'll message the Dr and pick their brain

The 630 will do a better job of creating enough PAR to maintain enough intensity for your grow space. 315 doesn't make enough to cover that space. If you're set on CMH, I'd run a pair of the 315's spaced evenly in the tent.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• cman
      cman commented
      Editing a comment
      Sadly, I won't be able to get 2 315s or the 630 unless I go over my budget. Called around shops in Seattle where I live all the way to Portland and lowest prices I have gotten a quote for is $350 for 315 and $600 for 630

I’m running a 315 CMH sun system all in one, and growing 6 autos in about the same size as u 4x4x6’ with plenty of light for all. Read Miss Haze’s 1pound from one CMH 315 in the newsletter a few months back lol

Comment

• cman
      cman commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the confirmation. It is weird that the Sun system site states it 3X3 coverage but the growers are saying its OK and getting good results. I'll trust growers 1st

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X