New Grower. First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower. First Grow

This is my first attempt at an indoor grow project. I have thankfully used GrowWeedEasy as my guide throughout the process. I am now in week 6 of my 12/12 on-off flower stage. I feel like I am in uncharted territory. Things have gone really well except for a1.5-2 week delay with germinating 3 seeds. I think I added 2 weeks to a month for extra vegetation stage. Anyway, I am on a countdown to harvest. I am monitoring the trichomes with a jewelers loop as recommended on this site. Here are the most recent photos. Thank you GrowWeedEasy! By the way, these are Afghan Kush plants.

Welcome to the forum els!! The buds on top look fine. I edited this to delete wrong information.
    Last edited by alltatup; 02-12-2019, 05:46 AM.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• els011
      els011 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I wish I knew how to respond to all of these great suggestions at once. I am just going to go down the list and try to answer each one, so if inclined,
      please follow along.

• els011
      els011 commented
      Editing a comment
      The nutrients used are Fox Farm products, applied according to the soil feeding schedule. I think most of the yellowing is due to inadequate light farther down the plants and on the sides. I believe I may only have a couple of more weeks before I harvest. I am waiting for the trichomes to look cloudy. As of tonight, they look like raindrops.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      els, you are prolly right. I deleted the wrong idea.

I could be wrong but the tops look healthy and if it were hungry it would be newest growth yellowing if im remembering right. Id say a go defol session would do wonders think out the middle and sides let some light penetration down into those bud sites. Id say youre real close!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Comment

• els011
      els011 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have just begun week 6 of the flowering stage. Is it too late to do any defoliation? I have been researching it and I had the impression I only have about a couple of weeks left.

• SinsemillaScientist
      SinsemillaScientist commented
      Editing a comment
      Not too late in my opinion. Just be careful to remove only what you need because by now your plants are done growing leaves. And what they have left is like a small armor to deficiencies, pests, over feed and other problems that could happen in the near future.

The normal lifecycle of the plant will follow this plan as it is preparing to end the growing cycle and move on to the big garden in the sky. This yellowing looks like that process has started BUT.. do you have any color changes on the tops of the plants?

Comment

• els011
      els011 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. The tops of the plants are vibrant about 12" down. The buds look like what I've seen in other's photos Good green leaf color. Then around 12" down they start to yellow, as do the ones that are right up against the sides of the tent. The problem I had with my first grow was with germinating seeds, which gave me irregular height throughout the vegetation stage. I waited to begin the flowering stage until they caught up, but my plants are really too tall for the tent. My lights are up as far as I can put them without restricting the fans.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      I did see that they are vibrantly green. Then it may be the nitrogen is maintaining the green tops. Typically, like fall foliage, leaf color starts to change and some stems may also show change in color as the plant cycle rounds the last curve. You did say your at day 42-43 in flower so seems like in 15-18 days your in the ball park

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X