"TMV" So many questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"TMV" So many questions?

TMV ? (Tobacco Mosaic Virus) Have we been miss diagnosing and treating our plants? I sometimes question how these things suddenly appear. Is it a scare tactic?

The real question to be answered, is this spread of the virus due to cannabis grown on old tobacco fields? (And if so to what effect will it have on recreational and commercial grow? What effect will it have on seed banks do to the viruses effect the genetics of a plant
    Last edited by Colombo; 02-04-2019, 11:06 PM. Reason: added tobacco mosaic virus

Never heard of it, need more info, I get hits for "true market value", link please!

One of my neighbors plants a tobacco plant in his tomatoes as the bugs go to it first, I have no idea what negative effects might be had,,,.

Comment

Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) - Can it infect cannabis? | Grow Weed ...Came out on Sunday , never herd of it until Sunday myself ! The so-called symptoms replicate many of what we deal with as they say. You have to wonder?

Comment

Thanx for the info, interesting! I have seen something that looks like this, I cant say it was TMV, but it seems we need to keep our eyes open!

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          In some info it says if you smoke tobacco products you should not touch your cannabis plants as this could also transfer the virus to your plants. How crazy is that!

• Damngrower
          Damngrower commented
          Editing a comment
          I read that you should always wash your hands after smoking before handling plants years ago, I don't recall the context. I basically ignored it but my current crop is displaying symptoms very similar to the pics in the e-mail so now I'm wondering if there is something to it.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          So many variables as to diagnose and correct the right problem. For now I am going to continue to treat things as usual until I here different.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X