No announcement yet.

Future Journal, My New Years Grow from Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All ! some more info I forgot to add and an updated photo. When I changed the time to 12/12 on the Gold I did it over 3 days at 2 hrs each day to ease into it. Something like the diminishing sun of fall so the stress on the plant is not so sever. Don't know what effect if any it will have in the changeover but would never know if I didn't try. Thanks for your interest! Good Growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      She looks absolutely wonderful, Colombo!!

I always start flowering with 36 hours of darkness and then straight to 12/12. I think it helps them to start to bud up faster. Kicks that flowering hormone into overdrive...

• Colombo
      Colombo commented
      Editing a comment
      I've herd so much about seeds popping up I figured I would try something less stressful. It seems the Girl is already reaching for the lights. I will track its progress to see if it makes a difference. Real excited about this grow !

Well the transition is complete and it is now game on ! YOU GO GIRL LOL. Here's a photo to confirm.

Comment

Hello All ! It's amazing what 4 days can do ! The Gold is on her way to glory as she has shown significant growth over this time. I pulled down some branches and tied off for a nice even canopy. I would like to remove some foliage to allow more light to the lower sites coming up. Any suggestions? Water/feed has increased based on plant uptake and growth and is doing real well. The tent is 2x4x5, The Gold touches all sides with a rough counting of 75+ bud sites. Photos attached.
      Thanks for your interest ! Good Growing !!
      Last edited by Colombo; 03-25-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Colombo, she is amazing. I'll bet you're gonna have to support those colas in the final weeks. Absolutely beautiful training. Can't wait to see the stretch.

Thanks alltatup, I'am excited how things are going as I have never bent a plant around and have it look like this.
      I was bored and when feeding decided to take some rough measurements. LOL.

Any thoughts out there about a trim and Can I put a net over top before it takes off as well ? Thanks for your interest ! Good Growing !!
      Last edited by Colombo; 03-26-2019, 09:51 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, if you have one place it a couple of inchs above your canopy and Lst for another week before letting it completely grow into it. She is looking good! Keep her flat✌

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        In the works! Thanks !!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like a good plan. I stunted a few of my plants' stretch because I was defoling throughout the first 3 weeks of 12/12 instead of waiting and doing what Mr.furley says. I will definitely wait on next grow.

Well I have the netting in place (double) and now the wait or should I say, the stretch is on. LOL .

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        You should call her Tsunami.

I never thought of naming her but it fits ! She will definitly test my skills and create a wave of buds when she finishes. LOL.

So it's official, with the help of alltatups imagination and a short contemplation, I dub thee "TSUNAMI"
      Last edited by Colombo; 03-29-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

See that surfer there at the bottom of the thin white vertical line? That's you and your girl, and that's where she's gonna take you when she's harvested and cured a bit.

And you can call her sue for short :-}

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	21.6 KB ID:	301668
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          LMAO !! I Haven't surfed in 50 yrs but I'am up for that Ride. LOL. I just have to stay on the board! No lie, I would be cleaning my bathing suit if that was me LOL.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Colombo how cool is that that you used to surf!! There are some coincidences here: I lived in So. Cal. in the 80s, close to Newport Beach, and what a trip it was to watch the surfers, to go walk on the beach during a rainstorm and be the only one on the beach (off season). And then the wave that guy is on in the picture, that's how I visualize the experience of getting tremendously high, you become one with the board AND the wave (the high), breathe into it and surf it all the way to the shore.

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I was a large boy on a large board, 8' - 10' back then for my size but I made it happen. It was fun till I had to start working and you know the rest ! LOL . I always tried to experience as much as I could. I was more like a barge on a wave than that sexy long haired "surfer"on a wave LOL but I made it to the beach on the board. Now I'am just happy to walk on the beach! Those were the days!

Hello all ! Well after installing the netting and leveling off the canopy, Tsunami is starting to build at an impressive rate and form. If she continues at this rate she will definitely flood the tent with BUDs. LOL
        Two days growth from last post ! Just amazing !! Heres some photos. Thanks for the interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, two days!! The stretch is so cool!!!

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeehaw cowboy!

• buzz
          buzz commented
          Editing a comment
          Love the mesh at the bottom of the tent Great idea For training the girls I’ve got to use that myself next time wicked love it 😊 GWE is awesome 🤩

Hello Mr.furley, Well spring is at the door and the garden's getting tilled and seeds will be hitting the dirt. My son ordered his veg garden seeds and I picked up Lemon Cuke Cucumbers for mine. Looking forward to growing them ! I didn't forget ! Hope these are them LOL. Good Growing !!

Comment

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe we can cross it with a good strain and have an all natural edible?

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, I love little sweet gherkins as much as the next guy, but I don't want to grow them. Growing cukes is easy, growing gherkins, would be like work

I also enjoy the large Deli Dilled cukes

Wife's grandmother (RiP Joyce) made the best mustard pickles.

Ooo, pickled beats

Hrm, now I seem to be hungry 😁🥒

• Colombo
          Colombo commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I will include them in my spring /summer grow LOL. Shame I can't cross it and get stoned on a cucumber. What a delight that would be !

C'mon Colombo, it's been 4 days!!! PICTURES!!!! Has she taken over the world yet?
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Hello All , back with an update on "Tsunami" ! Two wks into flower, the wave is getting taller and has tight segments (bud sites) on each branch. I had to up the watering as she is consuming it at a hight rate! The soil PH is been right on the money making things comfortable for ME and the plant. The growth rate is awesome to watch as each day you actually see first hand "how much" it has grown over night.
          The bud sites look like little lolly pops enlarging each day and starting to fill in with each other.
          This is a ride of a lifetime and I'am hoping to be hanging 10 (+ oz's) at the end ! LOL Thanks for your Interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh. My. Goodness, Colombo, she is really stunning!! Amazing job of training her. I looked at the shot from above, and my jaw just dropped open. I'm serious: she takes my breath away.

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the compliment alltatup ! I've learned a lot here at the GWE forum about training and I think I like the bending and LST because of the less stressed development. It is so cool at side view to see each individual cola start to form and shape itself !
            Too think this was a seed that I planted and nurtured to become this is beyond what I ever expected ! Each day I open the tent I just stare, then start laughing and then say "WOW" ! Taking breath away too !!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            On a different forum, I watched someone veg a Sativa for a long, long time and trained it very carefully. It ended up with 16 massive colas, I think--just massive. The time you put into all the LST is really gonna pay off. This is really exciting to watch.

Hello All ! Well today I followed Mr.furley 's recommendation and I did a moderate defolie and bud arrangement on Tsunami and the wave is looking very impressive as she continues to build in hight ! As the photos will show, the bud development is very tight on the Colas and all the smaller branches are like Colas the way they have formed. I count 23 main Colas not including the small branches that stretched and are turning into Colas. Everywhere you look there is a bud forming, it's so crazy! Thanks for the interest ! Enjoy ! Good Growing !!
          Last edited by Colombo; 04-09-2019, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Colombo, she looks so awesome!!! And I can see that all the training really did control her stretch. The buds look great, amazing how fast she's grown.

Hello All !! Back with an update on Tsunami and it is good . She is growing at a real nice pace and the buds are getting real big. I had a yellow leaf issue and it's due to not enough water and it gets watered every other day now. The buds are starting to produce Tricones and looking real fine as they start to define themselves. I had 4 clones in veg that are now outside to see how they react . I'am just amazed at this plant and its growth ! Thanks for your interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mr.furley ! It has been a challenge to keep it watered/fed. It's like trying to grow a tree in a shot glass. LOL I can't imagine what she will look like when she is ready to harvest.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            She is so magnificent! Perfection!!

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks alltatup, I'am really enjoying the ride on this big wave! I can see the beach in the distance, I can hear the crowds chanting, "Tsunami", "Tsunami" . Yea, this is some ride! The colas are massive in length.

Hello All ! 7 more days have past and the wave is still going LOL 113 days , 32 days flower. She is consuming a 1/2 to 3/4 gal of water each day and the buds are getting bigger and thicker each day. The tricones are building nicely across the sugar leaves and buds. Most all the buds are 8" to 10" in length ( not including the curve) I will take some 35mm photos over the week for next post. Thanks for the interest ! Good Growing !!

Comment

• PhantomSulker
            PhantomSulker commented
            Editing a comment
            What a beautiful plant! Great job been real cool watching your grow!

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the complements ! When we learn from each other, this is the results. I learn a little every day from growers like yourselves and others here at GWE, I couldn't ask for anything more !!

• Boricguitar
            Boricguitar commented
            Editing a comment
            dam that looks amazing well done .That is crazy for me as new grower im just like in wow ..Beautiful

Hello All ! Back agin with an update on Tsunami. She has finally crashed and I'am still on the board heading for the beach in clear and cloudy Tricones. I should hit the beach in a wk or sooner. This has been one helluva ride, 121 days, 47 days flower with only one slip on the board with a quick recovery. The crowd is still cheering "Tsunami", "Tsunami" and when I hit the beach I hope everyone is pleased with the ride results. Its been on water/Molasses for about 2 wks and going strong! Here are some photos ,Enjoy!! Thanks for taking an interest !!

Comment

• Colombo
            Colombo commented
            Editing a comment
            Already germinated and going in the ground this weekend !

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, that is so gnarly!!!! Spicoli is so jealous!!!!!

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            WOW such beautiful training, I want to scrog my two auto WW if my winter grow ever finishes. Now have 6 in my little tent. 2 auto choc.skunk 2 auto cheese berry that are 13wks and 2 auto WW 4wks old. I'm gonna put the net into my little 3x3 this time around. Excellent job Colombo great patience

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X