No announcement yet.

Quadlining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look real hard you can see what I mean in this picture she will be going into bloom room in a week or so (I wish I could put her in today lol)
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      That's one wide plant OJH. Nice to have that room for those long and large growing photos. great training.

8 days after initial tie down. Before/After

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0088.JPG
Views:	1511
Size:	575.2 KB
ID:	292040Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0089.JPG
Views:	1547
Size:	594.7 KB
ID:	292041 and I saw the first pistil.

It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good looking quadline you have there! I'll try to post how mine are doing after I get home from work tonight. I realized I haven't posted in a minute lol.

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in a while. I would love to say its because I've been busy, but I've just been lazy lol.

The main takeaway from this thread was to show the process of how I make a quadline. The last post I made was really the last part of shaping the plant to quadline so I guess I covered it, but I wanted to keep everyone updated as to how these plants turn out.

Today is day 50 for both of them, and they are quite different from each other.

The Bubba Cheese must be mainly sativa because she is the tallest plant I have ever grown. The branches are long and the buds are small with nodes extremely spaced out. I'm not expecting great things from her, but we shall see how she turns out.

The White Widow CBD is looking very healthy, and pretty close to the ideal quadline in terms of shape and stature.

I did a defoliation session on both of them today, and for the first time I tried my hand at lollipopping. I've never taken off more than 3 budsites probably, but I could just tell that a lot of the undergrowth on the Bubba Cheese wasn't going to amount to anything.

I will continue to update in this thread so people can see how they turn out in the end.

Have a great day everyone!

Bubba Cheese before defoliating

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190228_152804937-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	762.2 KB ID:	295262

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190228_152812194-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	565.1 KB ID:	295261

After defoliating

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190228_154034332-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	679.8 KB ID:	295265

White Widow CBD before

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190228_160150729-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	575.7 KB ID:	295263

After

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190228_160138237-1382x1843.jpg Views:	1 Size:	609.1 KB ID:	295264

EDIT: THE ATTACHED IMAGE IS THE WHITE WIDOW CBD BEFORE DEFOL. THE TWO IMAGES OF THE BEFORE/AFTER ARE ACTUALLY BOTH AFTER LOL
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 02-28-2019, 05:06 PM.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hey everyone! Just throwing in an update here on how the plants are doing. The buds are stacking quite nicely. I do have a few brown spots on some leaves here and there.

This is because an in-law came to stay at our place for longer than I anticipated, and I ended up going around 2 1/2 days without watering. Other than that, the plants are looking really good!

For myself, the quadline process was wrapped up a while ago, and I've just been watering since then and watching them grow.

Here's the pics, today is day 63. I plan to do some defoliating sometime today as they are getting a little bit bushy lol.

Bubba Cheese

Name:	IMG_20190312_105954661-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1522
Size:	798.4 KB
ID:	298035

Name:	IMG_20190312_105959690-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1503
Size:	662.1 KB
ID:	298034

White Widow CBD

Name:	IMG_20190312_110014639-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1517
Size:	760.0 KB
ID:	298037

Name:	IMG_20190312_110021267-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	564.2 KB
ID:	298036
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Thanks OJH!

• Cronk
        Cronk commented
        Editing a comment
        this is the way to go over more mains. easier to control and bigger buds I think. Nice.

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Remember that depending on your light penetration, light can be used by 6+ leaves. Use a light meter for optimal defoliation.

I started to try your quadlining on this Gelato I got the 1st nodes and such off and did the 2nd node last night, and will do the 3rd tonight and top it. I have 2 Strawberry Banana's that will be next. I have a Jack Herer Auto growing as well, but am very hesitant to HST an Auto. From reading lots, I had come to the conclusion not to do anything other than LST to the Jack. But reading the results here, i wonder should I dare?
      Flower Tent: (12/12)
      600W HPS Flowering
      1 x Jack Herer 2 Auto - Potters Gold Soil
      1 x Gelato - Coco
      2 x Strawberry Banana - Coco

Veg Room: (14/8)
      1500W LED
      1 x Jack Herer 3 Auto - Coco
      3 x Mexican Airlines Auto - Fast Buds - Coco
      1 x G13 - Seed King - Coco
      1 x Gelato (Bonsai Mom) - Clone - Coco
      1 x Bubba Cheese Auto - HBS - Coco

Veg Tent:
      300W COBB LED
      Empty

First Grow Journal and Clone Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...needed-a-hobby

Strawberry Banana, Gelato & Jack Herer Auto Grow Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...a-x2-gelato-x1

All Auto's Journal
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...auto-s-journal

Gelato Bonsai Mother Project
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...onsai-mom-grow

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        PhantomSulker that's a great start on the gelato! I have almost always used HST since I have been growing, and I've never grown a photoperiod plant. This is my 7th grow, and I've found out that you can do just about anything to an auto. Good genetics is a factor, but I feel autos have come a long way from when they first came out (not that I was a grower back then, but from what I have heard they were pretty bad to begin with).

So...yes...I would dare lol 👍

• PhantomSulker
        PhantomSulker commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, then maybe on the 2nd Jack Herer Auto I will do more to her. I can clearly see how fast the Auto is growing compared to Photo's. I planted the 2nd Jack yesterday. The Strawberry Banana has 3 shoots coming out of her so I am doing 3 stems on them.

Hey everyone, just throwing an update on how the girls are doing.

The Bubba Cheese has a few brown spots on the leaves still, but looks healthy overall. This was the one that ended up being trilined because I broke a main stem. I trained the 2 lower branches away from the top one so they could all get more space to grow. As you can see in the pic of the trunks, the stems all started creeping towards the light, so the branches are all growing in the same direction now lol. They are powerful things, these plants lol.

The White Widow CBD is looking good. She has one really good sized cola, and a lot of little ones lol. It is okay though because she will serve her purpose in a pill form. I'll be following nebula Haze's tutorial for that.

Today is day 75 for the both of them and they will be ready in a few weeks. The Bubba Kush in the pic is at day 105. I imagine they will all be done around the same time. The younger 2 are much farther along than the bubba was at that point.

Have a great day everyone, and feel free to post pics of your plants that you have started quadlining!

Name:	IMG_20190325_173659108-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1544
Size:	751.6 KB
ID:	300979

Name:	IMG_20190325_173707311-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	1,002.2 KB
ID:	300981

Name:	IMG_20190325_174514918-1843x1382.jpg
Views:	1542
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	300980
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• WizardsNThings
        WizardsNThings commented
        Editing a comment
        These are huuuuge! Those are 3 gallon pots? I'm just start 2 autos that are supposed to be done in 8 weeks: Black Cream and Lemon Haze OG. I'm starting seedlings for my garden so I figured I might as well throw some quick autos in there. Have you done the quadlining on a plant with such a short grow? I expect it to go longer, but just curious. From other responses, it sounds like you always do. I usually just LST autos and mainline photos, but maybe I'll try GL on one of these..

• Doubledealing72
        Editing a comment
        Not sure how I missed this lol, sorry wizard!

First of all, thanks! I just took them down today! I can't wait to smoke them all!

I haven't quadlined a plant that finished in that time. I mainlined a Sweet Trainwreck that finished in 60 days, but have had other Sweet Trainwrecks that finished in 80 and were trained the same way and given the same nutes. I've found a plant finishes when it finishes, and it rarely finishes when the seed sites say it will lol. That could be because of the high stress training though.

I haven't grown Black Cream, but I have grown a few purple strains (Red Poison, Devil Cream, Bloody Skunk). They are gorgeous to grow, but I found all mine had airy nugs, didn't get ya as high, and I didn't care for the smell. However, I would still recommend growing a purple strain at least once. They're beautiful!

Yes, I use 3g pots. I'm curious to see how they would do in a 5g bucket. The roots on these are all wrapped around the edge of the pots.

Good luck on your grow! I'm just getting ready to post harvest pics of these girls!

Hey everyone, it was harvest day yesterday! I've focused on the Bubba Cheese and White Widow CBD on this grow, but I'll be including the Bubba Kush in this too. If you are reading my grow 7 journal, you will see more pics.

They all were ready at the same time, which worked out for me because I'm able to use my tent to dry them in.

This grow went very well, other than a few brown and yellow leaves. I'm estimating a little less than a lb, but wouldn't it be great if it was more? 😂

I've learned a lot from this website, and I hope this thread was helpful. This site is literally the reason I started growing, and the thing that eventually led me to quadlining my plants. If you do your research on this site, you will do just fine growing. Problems will come up, but this site probably has the answers.

Anyway, I'll post pics, and when they are dry I'll get the weight.

They both finished at day 83

Bubba Cheese

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_111739336-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	637.3 KB ID:	302367

White Widow CBD

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_093951179-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	725.0 KB ID:	302365

Bubba Kush (day 112)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_084037784-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	792.3 KB ID:	302366

Left to right: Bubba Cheese, Bubba Kush, White Widow CBD

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_210637213-1843x1382.jpg Views:	3 Size:	556.1 KB ID:	302369

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_210645964-1843x1382.jpg Views:	3 Size:	473.4 KB ID:	302370

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_120446577-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	813.3 KB ID:	302371

There are 6 cubbies in the rack. Bubba Kush is taking up 3, White Widow CBD is taking up 1, and Bubba Cheese has 2. The Bubba Cheese has the most dense nugs I've ever grown. The smell in my house is wonderful right now lol
      ​​​​​​
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Doubledealing72; 04-02-2019, 03:25 AM.
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Hello everyone! My harvest is finally dry, and here's the weight:

Bubba Cheese - 178g (6.35 oz)
        White Widow CBD - 118g (4.21 oz)
        Bubba Kush 205.2g (7.32 oz)

Total weight for the grow is 501.2g, or 17.9 oz.

Remind me again how autos don't yield that much? 😂

I'm very happy with this number. This grow was under 220w of light For 112 days. Cost in electricity, which is mainly my only cost because Megacrop's nutes are so cheap, was $136. This means that each oz cost me $7.60. Throw in nutes and the cost of the seed and coco, it can probably be rounded up to a solid $8/ oz.

I love growing lol.

Have a great weekend everyone

​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_170931267-1843x1382.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	302986
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

That's a pretty good haul for 3 autos. Good job
          I am following your lead, i've gone and ordered the 4 cobs from cobshop.
          SHould be ok to replace my current lights with the new cobs right away you think? I probably have 4 weeks remaining to finish this crop.
          3' x 6' Grow Closet for Veg w/HLG 300 V2 Bspec
          New 5' x 9' x 7'11" Gorilla Tent for flowering with new Optic Slim 600H
          Flora Trio w/Cali and Hydro guard
          5 gallon Bucket DWC and bucket scrog set up

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Congrats on ordering the cobs! I replaced my blurple light with cobs midgrow and it didn't seem to change anything. They just started growing better lol. Just make sure they are far enough away from the plants. Generally 18-24"

This is my Royal Medic. I think she may be around 3 weeks away from harvest or so. I'll pop in to indicate how she did with the Quadline training - but I'm impressed. This one plant has mostly filled a 3' by 1.5' tent, on her own. Normally, I have two plants in there, but she didn't leave any room for a friend! (Also, I failed at cloning this go around, so maybe it's for the best that she's a beefy plant)

Name:	2019-04-07 1.jpg
Views:	1539
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	303369

I also enjoy the COB talk. I bought all the equipment to build myself a set of 4x55W COB lights, 2 in 5000k and 2 in 4000k (3500 was out of stock, sadly). I need to get a move on and start building that, as I think light is my limiting factor right now. This Royal Medic is really only getting any density in the top 6" of the plant. It would be nice to see what happens when I at least double the light intensity (add 2 COBs) or even triple it (add 4 COBs)
          Novice Grower
          Coir - 5 Gal
          AN Micro-Grow-Bloom / Mega Crop / Cal-Mg
          1.5 x 3' Veg tent with 116w wall LED
          1.5 x 3' Flower tent with 116w wall LED, Vivosun exhaust fan and carbon filtre

Grow 1: White Kush (MCS) Jul 2018 - Dec 2018 (2 plants / 62g) (No GWE thread)
          Grow 2: Royal Medic (RQS) Dec 2018 - Apr 2019 (1 plant / 75g)https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nkiller-xl-rqs
          Grow 3: Blue Mystic (Nirvana) Apr 2019 - Oct 2019 (3 plants / 111g + 45g trim) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...mystic-nirvana
          Grow 4: Purple Kush (MCS) Feb 2020 - June 2020 (2 plants / 42g, 250 seeds) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...g-grow-journal
          Grow 5: GSC/Durban Poison (MCS) Late Aug 2020 - ??? https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...poison-fem-mcs

Projects:
          Strange Roadkilled LED light: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-led-lighting
          COB build in progress: (no post yet)

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Very nice eigholte! That is an impressive stem! Glad to hear you're joining the cob arena! I'm glad I did!

Well here we grow, I did the last major work I plan to do to them last night and have them all straight again. Thanks for the tutorial I look forward to trying on a auto real soon. But my Gelato and Strawberry Banana's are looking pretty good. Any suggestions I am going to give them a few days to recover and get them ready to flower this is week 8 of veg for them.
          600W HPS Flowering
          1 x Gelato - Coco

1500W LED

Veg Tent:
          300W COBB LED
          Empty

All Auto's Journal

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            You're plants are looking really good phantom! I see you are a bit more aggressive on the defoliation than I am, but that's not a bad thing! They are probably going to look like monsters after the stretch, so you will have a good harvest I think. Great job man!

• PhantomSulker
            PhantomSulker commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I have had a lot of time to let them veg, I have a feeling they are going to get huge I was trying to time stuff to go in the flower tent in cycles but everything is going to be ready soon for flower and no way do I have enough room. But I will figure it out, thanks again for the tutorial. I look forward to trying on a Auto. I have some G13 Auto seeds coming and going to run all 5 at once when most of what I have going is done and will quad a few of them.

Nice looking plants guys.
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Spidermite! You have some good looking ones yourself!

Doubledealing72 I have a question, after I did the major defloration on 4/10 I left them to veg for another week and then flipped them to 12/12 on this past Sunday. They are growing leaves on leaves on leaves again. I was going to wait till Sunday to deflower them again and do some heavy LST to get them under control. These photos were from Wednesday. So guess what would you do with these where they are and they have had 2 days more to grow and just been tucking leaves back mostly.
          600W HPS Flowering
          1 x Gelato - Coco

1500W LED

Veg Tent:
          300W COBB LED
          Empty

All Auto's Journal

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Your plants are looking pretty good for the most part, but the newer growth on top seems to be getting pretty pale. If it were me, I would up the nutes a little bit.

But that's not the question you asked me lol. If they were my plants, I would probably take some of the bigger fan leaves off, especially in places where they are sitting on each other.

Quadlined RQS Royal Medic was chopped today. Final yield numbers to follow, but here's a visual breakdown of the plant structure.

Name:	2019-04-28 4.jpg
Views:	1569
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	307824

Total weight: 680g 100%

Rootball (that I could dig out): 35g 5.0%
          Stems, not attached to buds: 134g 19.7%
          Fan leaves: 152g 22.3%

Trimmed flower and attached stems: 150g 22.0%
          Trim for tincture making: 209g 30.7%

Name:	2019-04-28 3.jpg
Views:	1536
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	307823
          Novice Grower
          Coir - 5 Gal
          AN Micro-Grow-Bloom / Mega Crop / Cal-Mg
          1.5 x 3' Veg tent with 116w wall LED
          1.5 x 3' Flower tent with 116w wall LED, Vivosun exhaust fan and carbon filtre

Grow 1: White Kush (MCS) Jul 2018 - Dec 2018 (2 plants / 62g) (No GWE thread)
          Grow 2: Royal Medic (RQS) Dec 2018 - Apr 2019 (1 plant / 75g)https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...nkiller-xl-rqs
          Grow 3: Blue Mystic (Nirvana) Apr 2019 - Oct 2019 (3 plants / 111g + 45g trim) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...mystic-nirvana
          Grow 4: Purple Kush (MCS) Feb 2020 - June 2020 (2 plants / 42g, 250 seeds) https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...g-grow-journal
          Grow 5: GSC/Durban Poison (MCS) Late Aug 2020 - ??? https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...poison-fem-mcs

Projects:
          Strange Roadkilled LED light: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-led-lighting
          COB build in progress: (no post yet)

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations Eigholte! Your plant had great structure in terms of quadlining! Looking forward to hearing your final numbers!

Went to quadline this when it was younger but it was missed the leaf on the other side. Decided to go for it anyways and ended up with a 'triline' ha. Three main branches, now each with 4 pairs so I should get 12 mains. This is going outside in a few weeks. Hopefully it gets huuuuuuge!
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
          Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            Ahh, the triline lol. I've had a couple, but they still turned out good! My last triline yielded 6oz, so not too shabby for an auto lol

Your plant looks good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X