Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    You're plants are looking really good phantom! I see you are a bit more aggressive on the defoliation than I am, but that's not a bad thing! They are probably going to look like monsters after the stretch, so you will have a good harvest I think. Great job man!

• Spidermite
    replied
    Nice looking plants guys.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomSulker
    replied
    Well here we grow, I did the last major work I plan to do to them last night and have them all straight again. Thanks for the tutorial I look forward to trying on a auto real soon. But my Gelato and Strawberry Banana's are looking pretty good. Any suggestions I am going to give them a few days to recover and get them ready to flower this is week 8 of veg for them.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice eigholte! That is an impressive stem! Glad to hear you're joining the cob arena! I'm glad I did!

• Eigholte
    replied
    This is my Royal Medic. I think she may be around 3 weeks away from harvest or so. I'll pop in to indicate how she did with the Quadline training - but I'm impressed. This one plant has mostly filled a 3' by 1.5' tent, on her own. Normally, I have two plants in there, but she didn't leave any room for a friend! (Also, I failed at cloning this go around, so maybe it's for the best that she's a beefy plant)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-07 1.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	303369

I also enjoy the COB talk. I bought all the equipment to build myself a set of 4x55W COB lights, 2 in 5000k and 2 in 4000k (3500 was out of stock, sadly). I need to get a move on and start building that, as I think light is my limiting factor right now. This Royal Medic is really only getting any density in the top 6" of the plant. It would be nice to see what happens when I at least double the light intensity (add 2 COBs) or even triple it (add 4 COBs)

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Congrats on ordering the cobs! I replaced my blurple light with cobs midgrow and it didn't seem to change anything. They just started growing better lol. Just make sure they are far enough away from the plants. Generally 18-24"

• Drekthar
    replied
    That's a pretty good haul for 3 autos. Good job
    I am following your lead, i've gone and ordered the 4 cobs from cobshop.
    SHould be ok to replace my current lights with the new cobs right away you think? I probably have 4 weeks remaining to finish this crop.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hello everyone! My harvest is finally dry, and here's the weight:

Bubba Cheese - 178g (6.35 oz)
    White Widow CBD - 118g (4.21 oz)
    Bubba Kush 205.2g (7.32 oz)

Total weight for the grow is 501.2g, or 17.9 oz.

Remind me again how autos don't yield that much? 😂

I'm very happy with this number. This grow was under 220w of light For 112 days. Cost in electricity, which is mainly my only cost because Megacrop's nutes are so cheap, was $136. This means that each oz cost me $7.60. Throw in nutes and the cost of the seed and coco, it can probably be rounded up to a solid $8/ oz.

I love growing lol.

Have a great weekend everyone

​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190403_170931267-1843x1382.jpg
Views:	1516
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	302986

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey everyone, it was harvest day yesterday! I've focused on the Bubba Cheese and White Widow CBD on this grow, but I'll be including the Bubba Kush in this too. If you are reading my grow 7 journal, you will see more pics.

They all were ready at the same time, which worked out for me because I'm able to use my tent to dry them in.

This grow went very well, other than a few brown and yellow leaves. I'm estimating a little less than a lb, but wouldn't it be great if it was more? 😂

I've learned a lot from this website, and I hope this thread was helpful. This site is literally the reason I started growing, and the thing that eventually led me to quadlining my plants. If you do your research on this site, you will do just fine growing. Problems will come up, but this site probably has the answers.

Anyway, I'll post pics, and when they are dry I'll get the weight.

They both finished at day 83

Bubba Cheese

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_111739336-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	637.3 KB ID:	302367

White Widow CBD

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_093951179-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	725.0 KB ID:	302365

Bubba Kush (day 112)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_084037784-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	792.3 KB ID:	302366

Left to right: Bubba Cheese, Bubba Kush, White Widow CBD

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_210637213-1843x1382.jpg Views:	3 Size:	556.1 KB ID:	302369

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_210645964-1843x1382.jpg Views:	3 Size:	473.4 KB ID:	302370

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20190401_120446577-1382x1843.jpg Views:	3 Size:	813.3 KB ID:	302371

There are 6 cubbies in the rack. Bubba Kush is taking up 3, White Widow CBD is taking up 1, and Bubba Cheese has 2. The Bubba Cheese has the most dense nugs I've ever grown. The smell in my house is wonderful right now lol
    ​​​​​​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Doubledealing72; 04-02-2019, 03:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure how I missed this lol, sorry wizard!

First of all, thanks! I just took them down today! I can't wait to smoke them all!

I haven't quadlined a plant that finished in that time. I mainlined a Sweet Trainwreck that finished in 60 days, but have had other Sweet Trainwrecks that finished in 80 and were trained the same way and given the same nutes. I've found a plant finishes when it finishes, and it rarely finishes when the seed sites say it will lol. That could be because of the high stress training though.

I haven't grown Black Cream, but I have grown a few purple strains (Red Poison, Devil Cream, Bloody Skunk). They are gorgeous to grow, but I found all mine had airy nugs, didn't get ya as high, and I didn't care for the smell. However, I would still recommend growing a purple strain at least once. They're beautiful!

Yes, I use 3g pots. I'm curious to see how they would do in a 5g bucket. The roots on these are all wrapped around the edge of the pots.

Good luck on your grow! I'm just getting ready to post harvest pics of these girls!

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    These are huuuuge! Those are 3 gallon pots? I'm just start 2 autos that are supposed to be done in 8 weeks: Black Cream and Lemon Haze OG. I'm starting seedlings for my garden so I figured I might as well throw some quick autos in there. Have you done the quadlining on a plant with such a short grow? I expect it to go longer, but just curious. From other responses, it sounds like you always do. I usually just LST autos and mainline photos, but maybe I'll try GL on one of these..

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Hey everyone, just throwing an update on how the girls are doing.

The Bubba Cheese has a few brown spots on the leaves still, but looks healthy overall. This was the one that ended up being trilined because I broke a main stem. I trained the 2 lower branches away from the top one so they could all get more space to grow. As you can see in the pic of the trunks, the stems all started creeping towards the light, so the branches are all growing in the same direction now lol. They are powerful things, these plants lol.

The White Widow CBD is looking good. She has one really good sized cola, and a lot of little ones lol. It is okay though because she will serve her purpose in a pill form. I'll be following nebula Haze's tutorial for that.

Today is day 75 for the both of them and they will be ready in a few weeks. The Bubba Kush in the pic is at day 105. I imagine they will all be done around the same time. The younger 2 are much farther along than the bubba was at that point.

Have a great day everyone, and feel free to post pics of your plants that you have started quadlining!

Name:	IMG_20190325_173659108-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	751.6 KB
ID:	300979

Name:	IMG_20190325_173707311-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	1566
Size:	1,002.2 KB
ID:	300981

Name:	IMG_20190325_174514918-1843x1382.jpg
Views:	1552
Size:	514.2 KB
ID:	300980

Leave a comment:

• PhantomSulker
    commented on 's reply
    Well, then maybe on the 2nd Jack Herer Auto I will do more to her. I can clearly see how fast the Auto is growing compared to Photo's. I planted the 2nd Jack yesterday. The Strawberry Banana has 3 shoots coming out of her so I am doing 3 stems on them.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    PhantomSulker that's a great start on the gelato! I have almost always used HST since I have been growing, and I've never grown a photoperiod plant. This is my 7th grow, and I've found out that you can do just about anything to an auto. Good genetics is a factor, but I feel autos have come a long way from when they first came out (not that I was a grower back then, but from what I have heard they were pretty bad to begin with).

So...yes...I would dare lol 👍

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Weed Pharma Not sure how missed this question way back when lol. I normally take the big leaves off, and try to get any that are blocking bud sites. Once the plant reaches a certain stage into flower (probably a week after the stretch is done), I don't defoliate as much.

In previous grows, I was a more aggressive defoliator, but I've cut back a bit lately.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X