Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldjarhead100
    replied
    Doubledealing72 This is one of my girls this one has 4 main stems coming from the trunk ,then I tied down the side branches ,now here my question do you get a better yield by leaving the side branches of the side branches ,or do you keep them clean until they reach the outside of the pot and turn up ,I'm trying some both ways

Leave a comment:

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I never heard the term before ,remember I had to ask what a LEO was lol so yes I was serious

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Lol, I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious 🀣

Can't blame me, it's a funny term 🀣

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    Sexline?? could you explain or send a link please

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Hey OlderNOTwiser, Thanks for mentioning me but I would give way to mcubed476 due to his vast experience at this.
    I have a tribranch plant that I topped but since then it has been transplanted into a 15 gallon pot and topped at about a dozen places to stop it from growing any taller.

When I top I usually keep 3rd/4th/and 5th branches but any number of different approaches such as mainlining, quadline or our newly named sexline can work. Every plant kind of tells me what it can accept.
    I am sure you will grow this one nicely with your well thought out approach.
    Look forward to seeing it grow.

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks OlderNOTwiser, I like to continue posting plants using this technique, so there should be new posts at least every 3 months. And anyone that is trying this technique is welcome to post as well!

I'll try and answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1. What determines it is really personal choice. However, I like to cut off the nodes closest to the main stalk. This tends to leave the middle part a little more open, letting more light and air get through the plant. I normally just cut them off, unless there are sites that are really low and I know they aren't going to amount to anything.

2. My plants tend to get color variations like that, and also sometimes these little rust looking spots. Not sure what causes it, but it doesn't seem to affect them too much.

3. I would say that it could be because of the mutation, but i have had asymmetry in limbs before and it wasn't too big of an issue. Time shall tell!

• OlderNOTwiser
    replied
    I've been tagging along and trying not to hijack this thread by Chadly01 ( https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...11841-tri-leaf ) where there is a truly mutant tri-leaf growing. I, too, have a tri-leaf going and was looking for help on quadlining my triple header (sexline? Oh, my!). Remembering this post I searched for and began reading again (probably my 3rd or 4th time now) to get the node selection sorted out before anything got too far off the mark. I was VERY pleasantly surprised to see this thread is still kind of active after more than a year. And what's more awesome, for me anyway, was to discover that JohnEmad is training a tri-leaf as well. And that Doubledealing72 just wrapped up a tri! Good Stuff!

My question #1 is probably too simple but when ya don't know the answer....With a quad or tri or whatever number of nodes you saved, what determines if you cut or save the new sites at 1, 3, 5, etc. or 2, 4, 6 etc.? I'm leaning to save #3 and/or #5 on the lower segment and # 2 and #4 on the upper segment to try and get separation between the two segments for the cola to snake up through without too much difficulty. Is that even proper logic?

Question #2: On this plant I'm noticing odd colorations on some leaves that do look like tobacco mosaic virus. But after reading the article and seeing references to genetics as the more likely cause I guess that makes sense since it is already a genetic aberration of the tri-leaf kind and it may just be that. Picture attached, let me know your thoughts.

Question #3: I noticed this morning that the growth on the lower (older) segment is already going to alternating nodes. Top segment looks like it is also beginning to switch from opposing to alternating. I've seen that on a much older untrained plant before but not so early. Almost looks like clones. I'm wondering if there are consequences coming (male, hermie, little shop of horrors) or if it is yet another genetic anomaly. Guesses?

Anyhow, some pics.

​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    lmao. the new training is for a sexline..

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like you have a sexline going then. Pretty kinky, huh? Lol.

No problem man. You are a great grower yourself! I'm excited to take a look at yours! Feel free to post it on here when she's done too.

Or now. Whenever lol

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    My current autos are 6 mains. kept 3rd, 4th, 5th node branches and it is going to be huge. It is in my Fabric vs Plastic thread.
    I have gone through all your grows and learned a ton as well as following Mr Furleys training. Many thanks.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with that. I also think autos have come a long way from where they used to be. It might possibly be true that autos used to get stunted through acts of high stress training when they first came out. With where they are now though, they aren't much different than photo period plants. You can do just about anything to them that you can do to a photo period.

I've even seen people use clones of autos and have successful grows. They have come a long way from the first ones!

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    More disturbing is that someone will regurgitate things they may have heard or seen as fact yet, never tried to see if any of it has any base in fact. Yet, swear that you’re wrong...

• Doubledealing72
    replied
    Green Poison XL. 80 days from seed to harvest.

This one turned out pretty small due to getting more nutrients than she needed at an early age, but the buds are pretty nice for her size.

She is the bottom left in pics with multiple plants, or the one closest to the camera on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200430_102125_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	919
Size:	892.3 KB
ID:	415439

Name:	20200422_204246_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	911.9 KB
ID:	415440

Name:	20200509_143756_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	924
Size:	900.4 KB
ID:	415441

Name:	20200521_100411_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	945.7 KB
ID:	415442

Name:	20200610_104400_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	676.8 KB
ID:	415438

Name:	20200610_104908_copy_1209x1612.jpg
Views:	942
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	415437

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    I hope your mutant does as good or better than mine! I was happy with it!

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Hi Doubledealing72,
    Here is that triple branched plant. A photoperiod I will transplant into a 20 gallon soon. Hope she bushes out and is large. Almost wish I had a nice male to cross her with.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X