Cloning an auto, Snowryder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning an auto, Snowryder

Ok I know you cannot reset her (I hope "her", it was regular seed) timing, she was 15 days old when I took the cutting 2 days ago. I am not looking for production, instead I will be putting this plant in another area and spraying it with CS to make a few feminized seed (from only one parent),, anyone done/doing this? With it being only 15 days old, set back about a week or so, still a bit of time to grow roots and veg a tad,, maybe? As fast as the parent has grown I hope to get get some nice fat seed from this little clone!

Following as I was wondering the same. I have a couple of auto phenos growing that I would love to have the ability to preserve the genetics. If you force a single plant to self-pollinate by going hermie though aren't you increasing the likelihood of the seed having hermie tendencies? Seems I read that somewhere....

Comment

Some say it does, others not, some say by using the CS it avoids the hermie tendency gained from using stress. It gets so confusing, and I have always grown my own and made my own seed, even from natural hermies. All feminized seed are made with a hermie, I dont read many saying their feminized is male or hermie (it does happen I am sure). Only thing I noticed was anything planted in the seed patch went hermie (odd light, high humidity large temp swings) the rest of the field was all female after the first year.
      Mother is a girl, at 24 days she has preflowers, new pics in the morning!
      My thought is by taking the cutting early, I will get enuf seed from it to carry on, and could save some pollen as well.to do some cross breading with. (Maybe Snowryder over Bruce Banner or Rusty Glue)
      Anyway I have to try it, nothing ventured nothing lost,, I mean gained

Oh ya, seed need like 40 days to ripen, so if your going to make a few seed keep that in mind.

Comment

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        I like where this is going and wondering if taking - what is topped v lower branch - would help preserve the strain better (unless you ran out of time).

Some pics

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interested to see where this goes. Keep us posted!

I have not killed them yet, indeed the Headbanger is standing on her own with no humidity dome (and some growth). The Snowryder has started new growth (not that it will do much) and should be out from under its dome soon. Headbanger is about to get a private room,,, today is day 8 of CS to both. 4 28 watt CFLs were to hot, so I popped the cover from a home LED (60 watt eq 2700k) and made a mini lamp for them. My light meter says no closer than 3". They are bright white with no cover!

Comment

• Weed Pharma
        Weed Pharma commented
        Editing a comment
        I have used that type of LED in a "space bucket" for clones- with great results!

I haven't killed them,,, yet LOL
      But these little LEDs can certainly burn a plant, I sprayed the Snowryder with CS and did not get the light far enuf back, she has a major sunburn, and in just minutes! I am sure the top is dead, but the lower nodes are pushing out, fingers crossed she survives!!
      The Headbanger clone is jumping right on up, it is now under 4 28 watt CFLs, in a private area and reaching for them!
      I'll post pics in a few days (Saturday),,,

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting... did you start spraying CS before they were fully rooted?

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL,, Yes I did, from the day they, were stuck into the rooter plug, I have cut the snowryder off until she perks up/ recovers from her light-burn.

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea. I think having a healthy plant to start would be important.

I think we can say this clone is dead from light burn, so I took another this one has never let her head down, 2 days here.
      The Headbanger is doing well, and whats that I see,,,
      BTW I will be using GA3 from now on,,, no more CS!

Comment

• Serapium
        Serapium commented
        Editing a comment
        Man, I haven't seen a 3300 in a good long while. Does it still work? Babies looking good. Too bad about the light burn one. That happened from a standard household LED bulb with the cover popped off?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X