Weird Gelat.og seedling growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Weird Gelat.og seedling growth

This one and only seed from the strain to survive (my fault probably) started slow in comparison to the other strains sprouting the same time. Started off mangled looking only growing leafy nodes with no new bud sites . It was about 1/8 the size of the most vigorous growing seedling but now has started growing but site with very healthy strong leaves nodes and stems. Its growing much faster now at rates closer to the fastest seedling. Did i just abuse the f out of the seedling and she went mutant on me?. This being the main strain i wanted, can i finally be happy its catching up or is the some type of mutant seed incapable of producing fruits. Thanks for any future posts and i also wanted to thank nebula for easing me into this BEAUTIFUL FUCKING HOBBYYYYYY!!!!!
    **MORE INFO** nutrients = gh at no specific strength, just based how the plants look. light = "300w led equiv" 18/6 humidity gets anywhere from 50-70% . Yes the coco has a good amount of perlite with a light top dressing of mulch to dry out even and easier watering. The leaves in my garden tend to all go darker. Guess im scared of yellow leaves. But it was mangled and showing mutation long before receiving any nutes
    Last edited by brett; 01-18-2019, 12:06 AM.

Hmmm gonn a need info ? Nutrients lights/schedule, temp of room night an day .maybe even humidity

did you buffer the coco? Looked very woody like potting soil compared to my coco , did you add perlite to aid in drainage.

leaves look really dark green like too mutch nutrient but might be your lighting.

I'm no pro just done many many hours reading on this site.

Comment

• brett
      brett commented
      Editing a comment
      nutrients = gh at no specific strength, just based how the plants look. light = "300w led equiv" 18/6 humidity gets anywhere from 50-70% . Yes the coco has a good amount of perlite with a light top dressing of mulch to dry out even and easier watering. The leaves in my garden tend to all go darker. Guess im scared of yellow leaves. But it was mangled and showing mutation long before receiving any nutes. Thanks for your reply.

That doesn't look like Coco, it looks like mulch.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• brett
      brett commented
      Editing a comment
      +lol that is mulch. I noticed the top dries out much quicker than the rest of the pots and heard microbes prefer the dampness so this may extend microbial growth higher up in the medium.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a incorrect use of Mulch. First off I believe that most mulch is made from pine bark, making it very acidic, you can collect a little runoff water and pH it.

Second if you do have coco coir under there, the only Microbes that are in it are the ones you would be adding, so if you dont give your plant add Microbes it doesn't have any. Plus not letting you medium dry out can cause overwatering

Third too much nitrogen is not good for you cannabis, dark green leaf.
      It may just be a genetic mutation, but I think your mulch needs to go and replace it with perlite.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X