Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does soil PH increase after watering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does soil PH increase after watering?

I just transplanted a seedling into a 2 gallon container using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil which is suppose to have a PH of 6.3. to 6.8 out of the bag. I try to PH the water in this range. Why is it after I water that the soil PH increases to seven or slightly higher? Should I PH my water even lower before watering to counter act this? I"m still a newbie grower and had this same problem with my previous grows.

Hi grow,are u talking about testing runoff water? Or what?

Comment

• Grow4r
      Grow4r commented
      Editing a comment
      no the soil itself

Just go with organic soil and you won’t have to worry about ph. I had that problem before now I do hydro DWC a lot easier to control everything as far as ph ppm and all that.. when I run out of my GH nutrients I’m going organic soil.. I have my worm bin working already

Comment

• Grow4r
      Grow4r commented
      Editing a comment
      that's pretty much what Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil is.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      FFOF is organic. Been using it for many many years.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      My 100% (homemade) organic soil came in at 8.4 PH! I was told to add sulfur and did,,,, point here is IMHO one does need to watch the PH on all soil.

Nope not even close that’s why your having trouble with ph. That’s my opinion atleast. From my research of course I could be wrong. Plus you have to use bottled nutrients with it and never with organic soil
    Last edited by Cali; 01-14-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      Bottled nutes yes, all natural nutes yes again,water with organic teas yes, forget about the soil as long as what’s going in is PHed properly and plants r happy u are overthinking the grow lol

How are you testing the soil pH?

Comment

Those soil PH testers are ineffective. Best to PH adjust the water... then test the run off water.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X