Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best SCROG schematics/materials? Trouble finding specific parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best SCROG schematics/materials? Trouble finding specific parts?

Good day all,
    I've come to the end of my first harvest learning that I absolutely need to build a SCROG for my next cycle. (4 white widow autos).
    My materials:
    4 x 4.5ft 3/4 inch pvc pipes
    4 corner connectors (I CANNOT FIND THESE!)
    4 1 - 1.5 ft 3/4 inch pvc pipes (legs)
    Mason string
    Small screws.

I'm having a very difficult time finding those corner junctions. I've went to RONA, Home Hardware, Canadian Tire and haven't found them..... The guy at rona said: "I doubt you'll find that anywhere..." Now I'm thinking about improvising the corner junctions somehow....maybe tennis balls with holes (other ideas?). Or maybe just recreate the entire frame out of wood. I like the idea of adjusting the height, some sort of slot/peg system to move them to different levels. Has anyone ever tried hanging the SCROG from the top of the grow tent?

Comments welcome!

I made a pvc frame as you describe, it’s super flimsy and it bends. I don’t recommend it. A wood frame is a good idea but if I were to scrog a new area I would just buy a trellis net from a Gardening store and use a stapler to secure to the walls, no frame. Or maybe set up a couple of beams to secure the net to were there’s no wall, a 2x4 would do I think, floor to ceiling

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, I wouldn't expect it to be flimsy and bendy. Most plans that I've seen use 3/4 - 1/2 inch pvc. I have a trellis which I could use, although I thought that the tighter the better, going back and forth between screws on the frame with the mason string. I feel that the trellis I have is too loose.

Thanks for the comment!

I have used this one in the link. Hooks up to your tent’s poles. Doubt it would be cheaper to build one out of PVC.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      This looks like a very good alternative. Looks like it would be tight enough and it could be adjustable in height as well. Thanks Toker1!

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Anytime Captain! 👍

Can you get Lowe's?

Shop LASCO 3/4-in 90-Degree Schedule 40 PVC Side Outlet Elbow at Lowe's.com. A well designed fitting made of the highest quality, produced from PVC type 1, cell classification 12454-B. The high gloss surfaces are smooth and flawless

Ebay?

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Canada so I went to lowes.ca and searched for that item - came up empty results.

I went to ebay.ca as well. The item is there... but shipping is brutal, nearly paying double what the item is worth just to get it here.

US $8.09
      (C $10.78)
      International Priority Shipping
      6 to 8 days6-8 days
      + US $14.66
      (C $19.52)

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest I would just get a net, but I understand the Diy bug.
      Good luck.

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mr. Furley! I'm definately looking into the net now.

​ Whilst wandering around Menards I noticed these in the shelveing dept. "Xtreme garage wire racks" and had an aha moment. Four bucks ea. two of em spliced together with a couple of small metal rods and zip ties, a length of small chain and a couple of ratchet type light hangers. It fills half of my 4x4 tent and you can tip it for the slackers. the openings are 2"x4" I thought if they aren't ​​ big enough 15 min. with a sawzall could make em 4x4 but I didn't need to. About $20.00 total Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1497.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.01 MB ID:	282815 adjustable from the light to the floor and I can remove it in about 5 sec. Oh yeah the plants can't pick this bad boy up.
    Last edited by PRIMO; 01-09-2019, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice find!

• OkieGrowkie
      OkieGrowkie commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck yeah brethren thats a nice find!!!

I make my own from string and bamboo sticks. The way it’s done enables the pot, plant and frame to be moved as required.

Comment

• CaptPicard
      CaptPicard commented
      Editing a comment
      This is very impressive! I don't think I have the patience to create this, but I do love the way it looks. Nice work!

After some review I decided today to make this purchase for $35:

I really like the creativity and "Macgyvering" that others have put forward. I welcome more ideas, pictures, advice.

You guys ROCK!

Comment

Hey Primo, great use of materials. Gonna have to give this one some thought. I’m using PVC and an off the shelf trellis net in my 4x4x80 tent. It’s my first SCROG. My plant is in a 3.5 gallon Bubble Boy and I use a battery powered transfer pump for water changes. So my SCROG is at 30”. That facilitates ease during water changes. I know that is a little high but has worked out well so far. I have zip tied the legs of the frame to the frame of my tent so the plant can’t push it up. When I’ve had enough of this setup I’m gonna give your design a try.

Grow well.

Be well.

Comment

I made mine using simple 1x2 furring strips held together with wood screws. Only item I had to order was the netting- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Used a staple gun to secure the netting to the frame...done.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X