Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted
    replied
    30 days in the hole, Humble Pie, Smokin, sum Durban poison, perhaps, later, hay guys I got to admit I’m buzzing right now on sum wellcured green crack 👌 the present run is growing as expected and doing well in spite of me. keeping my light at 20”, 24/7, temp’s running in the mid 70’s, humidity 30%, no real problems to speak of......thank the weed gods (So far) for my good fortune 😉 I’ll be doing a watering today with silica, cal mag, PHed to 6.5 as the weed gods have decreed for soil grows.
    The stickie yellow traps are a precaution, 🤞. As is the 50/50 mix of sand and D earth that I sprinkle on top of soil after each watering till a crust builds up preventing anything from laying eggs,crawling, or flying on my grow👍 I hate bugs in my grows and will go to great lengths to prevent this from ever happening again! I learned the hard way( of course) about 4 years ago I had the borg nouthing worked short of napalm to slow down the destruction of my grow. After that I hung a no pest strip in the closet and closed the door for a few weeks and after that I removed the strip, and never had that problem again. Coincidence? Maybe but my grows since then have been clean and bug free.https://imgur.com/a/2xk1nFo chow for now😎

Leave a comment:

• starramus
    commented on 's reply
    LurkingInTheGrass The Optic 4 will cost you $475 twice as much as a CMH. It will use less power though at 220 true watts according to their web site. I have my CMH up for the first time as well. I had to wait until I had enough plants to justify firing it up. The Phillips lamp probably the best is performing well. For vegging these are fantastic. Plants are literally jumping out of the pots. Haven't got my first electric bill yet, and am very hopeful. Customs, and that damn cricket saved me some money on my past few months bills.
    Last edited by starramus; 02-18-2019, 01:32 PM.

• Potted
    replied
    Sending some pictures after I LSTed today. The pot in the back is a GSC photo I started 3/1/19 and is still a seedling under 24/7 light. I plan On keeping her in veg and going to try and use her for cloning after a few months of growth ( mother plant ) with any luck at all I’ll have little GSC’s running around all over the place by summer for my gorilla grow! The chopsticks are great at stabilizing the girls I’ll b using small zip ties to lash the trunk to the chopsticks below the topping split when large enough.🙃https://imgur.com/a/yhtp6aG I’ve had plants grow right over them. I beleave it stresses the plant in a good way by restricting growth at the base the plant works harder to get around the restiriction imo .Sort of like super croping but much earlier.
    Last edited by Potted; 02-18-2019, 07:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve heard of those thru OJH a while ago,missed the site thanks OzBud

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    We all talk to are self, it's when are self starts answering that you need to be wary of.
    I'm liken my Durban Poison.

• Potted
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the responses, it sure is nice 👍 to know.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Potted - Im listening

ya - some exotic sativa would be cool

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    way behind and catching up on my subscriptions

hmm - $40/month savings you say
    saving my pennies for a light - I am going back and forth between a CMH or light from Optic, like Canuck147 upgraded to

• OzBud
    commented on 's reply
    hey Potted is someone always home to hear the smoke alarm? I've got one of these in my area http://elidefire.com.au/#elide-fire-ball
    as im not always home and its good to know it will take care of something if the worst happens. Would make a terrible mess and might destroy some equipment but beats burning the house down

• Potted
    replied
    Just cruiseing along with the latest picks of the girls, at day 32 the strech has begun. Starting to Lst today as well,I’m a bit late, but I think it will work out for the best at harvest time 🤞 I’ve been trying to clean up my act and simplify my grow to the very basics needed to complete. Take a look at the setup, its in a 3x1/2’x6’x7’ tall closet on the 3th floor of my home in a large bedroom. The first thing that had to b done, intake air is provided by 2, 8x10”openings at bottom of the closet covered on both sides of the wall
    by heat registers with a ac filter in between, next exaust is provided by a adjustable 440 with 6”scrubbier at the top of closet at the opposite side from the intake,and vents to the attic 4 stories up and out. The 315 CMH all in one by sun system has been flawless so far and the Phillip bulb is doing a good job too 😁. I’m using a cool mist humidifier spread with a oscillating clip on 6” fan on a adjustable IV pole. I fill humidifier every 24 hours.the floor is covered with white coragated plastic and the trays under the plants are food grade plastic ,Mylar covered walls and ceiling. I’ve replaced the closet clothing hanger pole with a galvanized street sing post and a designated 30 amp electric breaker for the light, and a smoke detector just in case.https://imgur.com/a/QBbTypI
    Since the grow is going well, I’m setting my sites on the next one and tryin to decide what it should b? I’m hankering for sum sateva perhaps? How bout u? Any thoughts? Can anyone here my out there? Any response at all...just so i know I’m not talking to myself.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Potted; 02-16-2019, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    replied
    I got my electric bill yesterday, the first with the 315 LEC running for a full month. I was very interested and plesently surprised at the reduction in cost between this light and my 600 watt MHS I’ve used for previous grows a whopping $40.00 difference, per month x 12 = $480.00. That’s one small step for this grower, and one giant step for hobby growers everywhere 😁 and a much smaller heat footprint on my roof not melting snow off ( a very good thing ) since the man uses helicopters with heat detecting devices around here as well as remote control drones with cameras to locate melted roofs,... grow room roofs! Not since switching to the 315 LEC my roof has cooled down and no longer poses a concern. Happy Hippie Here 😎 let it snow ❄️
    Last edited by Potted; 02-14-2019, 03:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    replied
    Come on sugar plum, Let’s get this party started.... I topped all six at the 3th and 4th node at day 20 of the run, today is Day 25 and all are branching out from the base even my problem child ( headbanger from Newguys) is beginning to make a run for it 🤞 this 315 LEC is doing a good job with heat dissipation and light intensity and I also like the fact that there’s no glass blocking uva + uvb rays 😎 I always where sunglasses when tending grow.
    Ill b doing a full watering again in a day or two w cal,mag,silica, and molasses PHed to 6.5 or there abouts. We’re having a bit of a warmup the last few days here in jersey ( false spring ) I think it’s called when all the buds come out and freeze over when the cold returns next week. Dam Mother Natural......,keep on trucking baby. I’m inside till things warm up 👍https://imgur.com/a/ZIARXO7
    Last edited by Potted; 02-07-2019, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Potted
    replied
    Hay guys, boy this is a slow week around here, I’ve been tending my grow, but February ( like the dark days of winter) has come and am feeling it. I need som sun + vitamin D to get recharged....... springtime seems so far away ...... I wonder if it will ever get here?
    I topped the 3 other autos at the 4th node yesterday and gave them a full watering with 20% runoff. The girls perked right up and began a growth spurt 😁.
    I fed them with, recharge, silica, ff grow big,cal,mag, and ff big bloom. The response has been favorable and I will continue this method of feeding nutes every other time till the flush, if the weed gods permit !
    Im working on a way to move my light from one side of the room to the other in a 18 hour period,or a 12 hour for bloom, unlike a light mover that goes fast,I’m trying to mimic the suns movement thru out the day.
    if u have any info on this method of indoor growing....or a product that does this....? Please let me know, Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    'pop goes the weasel'

hope all grows well

• Potted
    replied
    Groundhog Day,or varment shooting around here, I pop them off from my bathroom window with a 22 cal. Not looking for a shadow.
    .... hay what’s happening boys+girls, the grow is chugging right along, still not ready for a full watering yeat but soon!
    I watered them all with 3 Dixie cups of seedling strength nutes w silica and mo today, and topped 3 out of 6 to the 4th node 😉 the others aren’t ready 😡 yet.
    I can’t wait to long, a day or two at most to top the rest.... or I’ll just grow a few Christmas trees instead. I plan on LST after thay grow out a bit 🤞 I’ll b using ff nutes trio
    wirh recharge, molasses, silica, and beastie bloomz, for later in the grow.
    running a humidifier 24/7, 37% is what I’ve been able to keep room humidity at. It will have to do for now anyway. Don’t worry tho, summertime is only 140 days away.
    We might get to freezing today? I went to the city( NY ) yesterday to have som tests done and the Hudson River was part frozen over. cold sh#t here in hell. Later gator 😎

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X