No announcement yet.

Light movers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi OJH hows tricks? It’s been awhile,I have a Q about your mover, how do u speed it up or slow it down and how slow can it go? If I want to imulate the sun, wouldn’t I set the movement from one end to the other for 18 hours or 12 in flower,from what I’ve seen these movers move to quickly for that,and another concern is the shaking of the unit, IE the bulb? Could it shorten its life? I’m just trying to do right by my plants. Any more info would b great ,thanks.

Comment

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      I think these little DC servo motors aren't very friendly with super low voltage like that.

• Potted
      Potted commented
      Editing a comment
      I concur, maybe a gear type setup,like trains that climb mountains has,or a worm gear like a garage door opener, hay I’m just spitballing here, looking for clues at the seen of the crime lol
      Last edited by Potted; 01-18-2019, 07:09 PM.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the light rail 4. there are adjustments for speed and pausing I thought it went slow , I had problems with my big kahunna reflector because of the weight if they are set up correctly then there is no shaking just a slow steady movement I do have to point out that even though I'm going on 18 months for the new grow room I have only had one successful grow from it ,On this grow I today is the start of the 8th week and everything looks good .but between light leaks total fxxx ups and watering problems its been a long 18 months thank god for the outside grow and autos . On the bright side I have a couple of lbs of duff waiting to be made into wax or oil lol

From my electronic service experience vibration to a vacuum tube could cause failure. In fact tube tapping could cause failure by shorting out close spaced elements. The term applied to vacuum tubes was microphonics. Of course in one of these lamps you don't have near the elements as say in a pentode. Serapium answered this question earlier in this thread.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X