No announcement yet.

The Shady Side of Legal Cannabis?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not sure this is the place to throw this into but. Have you guys seen “murder mountain” in Netflix? Definitely worth a watch, it’s the story of Humboldt county and the people that started the cannabis cultivation culture.
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...picture-update

Comment

• Serapium
      Serapium commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs sounds interesting, and may give some insight into my original question in this thread. I'll check it out!

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It does I didn’t say anything so I don’t spoil it but that’s why I mentioned it

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll check it out today.

Update regarding the original purpose of this thread (third hand information but an interesting story nonetheless). An acquaintance of an acquaintance who is also a fellow commercial grower was at a dispensary making a sales call about a month ago. He didn't have product yet but had gone there just to introduce himself and begin forming a relationship. He introduced himself to the dispensary manager and they apparently talked for a little while on the sales floor about strains and harvest times, etc. As that grower was leaving he was followed out of the dispensary by another person. That person confronted him and told him that he needed to not come back because this dispensary was 'his turf' and he needed to go find another dispensary to sell to out of his grow. I take the story with a grain of salt as it has gone through at least two different mouths before getting to me, but it is an interesting story.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      And it really fits, there is to this day a lot of mafia here, and you can bet your _____ they are going to be getting on board and doing legal grows. I would not take it lightly, nor would I back down, hell I would have went right back in and offered them a deal to get rid of the other person!.

Interesting & I hope that isn't true... it doesn't say much for the "community" as an integrated whole working together for the future of the industry. More like paranoia about making their investment back and the profits they hoped to achieve.
    This isn't a "fast money" industry. As you know it takes a substantial investment with a somewhat unpredictable outcome. Once the industry gets going there in Oklahoma those who "grow together" will be the ones who survive. Growers like the one outside that dispensary, should there be some, will get "black listed" by all those in the business.

Dispensaries want to be able to provide a wide variety of products, new ones to try_ new strains, new extracts and edibles, etc...but they also want to have a decent supply of the well known traditional strains a lot of people ask for because they've heard of them or tried them before.
    No one grower is going to be able to supply that kind of service_ unless they have a lot of experience, a very large grow space and can harvest at least a variety of strains 3x/year. My daughter works as the manager for a dispensary chain in Portland and they have about a dozen growers they buy from at any one time_ just so they can complete with the other dispensaries.
    They won't work with growers that try to push others out of the way_ its extremely counter productive to alienate those who are keeping you in business... so dispensaries work at developing relationships with those who deserve their respect and are able to work with others. And some grow some of their own strains as well!
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      LurkingInTheGrass how would that work? would they hook you to the bottom of the ocean???? You've heard of Original Gangsta, you've heard of Grandaddy Purp, well get ready for the Ganja Godfather, the Sicilian Sativa, the rasta fazool, all led by the Capo di tuti capi Don Endo Dankoni. Soprano learned everything from this wiseguy.
      Last edited by alltatup; 01-08-2019, 11:04 AM.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The mafia is certainly alive and doing well here in Oklahoma, and it will be a fight to take our state from them! First big step is do not buy brick weed!

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Rwise The Mafia in OK?????? Will wonders never cease!!! Gone are the days of Tony Soprano and the old neighborhood...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X