Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subliminals first ever grow plus a journal to boot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subliminals first ever grow plus a journal to boot!

Ok so here goes.
    My grow is different. I started with seeds that I have no idea what strain or anything else about them except my girlfriend said she enjoyed the smoke from the buds they came from. The story is long and doesn’t need to be repeated here. Look for my introduction thread for more info on it.
    My seeds started by being blown off my patio table and into my yard. I noticed them growing and stretching under my apricot tree and transplanted the best looking ones into small ½ gallon pots. From there I have been piecing together stuff best I can day to day and improving what I can when I can. I’ll document as best I can as I post these pictures.
    Medium: Soil
    Lights: 2 CFL 200W/2 LED 100w + a 250W HPS for Veg in different stages of growth. In my flower closet I am running a 250W HPS.
    Nutes: basically normal green house stuff but high % water soluble fert that is listed as 15-12-12. I cut their suggested mixture to about ¼ strength.
    October 23rd is when I discovered the sprouts:

I waited a few days to let them establish some roots and then I transplanted to ½ gallon pots and rigged up some lighting while I figured stuff out.

I didn’t take a lot of pictures as they matured as I was doing heavy reading on GWE and 420Mag forums/tutorials. But I have a few once I set them up in a new area. I weeded them down to 4 plants that I thought were gonna make it. I have never grown cannabis before but sweet lord I grow tomatos and peppers every year.

Here they are about a month after I transplanted….see the stretching? My grow CFL was way too low powered and way too far away…(the 4 on the right were seeds I planted after the fact, I’ll show some pics of those too later on)

After some super reading sessions of tutorials and forums at both GWE and 420mag, I came to one true conclusion….I am stupid, but not unwilling to learn. I was over thinking things and I really didn’t have the equipment or money to get a gigantic yield. Instead, I employed some extra HPS lights and ballasts I had in storage for my workplace lighting and payed more attention to my watering schedule and training methods and calmed down a little. I think it’s easy to get lost in playing with your plants too much.
    I had 4 biggish plants going and I was attempting to sex them every single day… and then I saw this on two of them:

This was a hard day. I tossed two of the four I had been spending so much time on…Thank you tutorials! This is still strange to me because they had been on 24 hour light and I am not sure why they should have shown SO much sex. The great part of it was, I was able to practice my pruning without worry since they were garbage can no matter what… bright side?

I had been spending so much time reading and figuring out the best way to propagate bigger yields, I think I overlooked the initial stretch my plants had before I topped and started training them. I read about mainlining(nugbuckets) and manifolding(Nebula) and did that for the two big females I had remaining….(Dec 17th)

They are both happy and doing well, I just think the initial stretch of both are going to limit their growth pattern and yield…
    This is a pic of the 2 big “yard girls” in the flower hut. Taken Dec 19th right as they were added to the flower hut. Both have been manifolded.

And this was taken moments ago. 12-28-18

More to come….

Looking good Subliminal and a nice write up.
    I'm stubbed in.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking nice, I'm stubbed to, lol
      HappyGrowing

I’m in too, very healthy and happy plants

Comment

Subliminal, you aren't stupid, as you concluded at one point. Only master growers in the making study and learn as much as you are trying to do. We ALL overthink it at first: there are so many factors in play!!!! You have done a great job with those girls. And now that you've seen pollen sacs, you'll never have to guess!!! Awesome job.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Very true alltatup
        To truly know what you are doing you must have first done it.

I will be lurking 😁

Comment

Looks great! Keep em growing.
        Me thinks them seeds got thrown away in the heat of an argument and - surprise - they started growing. Just reading between the lines.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Canuck147 I don't think the girlfriend's guilty. I think the butler did it.

Figured I'd slip in a few photos of the plants I have in Veg/Training as well. Two of these are clones off the yard girls and the other three are from seed. I am attempting different training methods on each of them as to learn what results I can get first hand. Also, none are showing sex yet, so I'm only positive on the clones.

This is my baby. It grew short and stout from seed. I topped it at the third node after it had grown its fourth node. The lower growth caught up so fast after the topping I decided not to defoliate below the node and instead trained the lower growths for maximum light penetration instead of manifolding. I have defoliated the growth nodes themselves. I’d age this one at about 35 days.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2237.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	279915

Name:	IMG_2238.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	279916Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2239.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	279917

These next two I am attempting to spiral/down train. They appear to be two different strains, as you can tell by the vastly different leaf sizes on exactly the same age plants, and under the exact same conditions throughout their growth. They are both about 28 days old from seed. Both have been topped at the third node, the one in the blue pot took a little longer to get there… but its leaves are much bigger and not as abundant. Neither have been defoliated yet, just some leaf bending to get those bottom colas some light. In a few of the pictures, it looks like there is a bit of yellowing on some leaf tips, but that’s not the case, it’s just in the picture. I know because it made me run over and check them just now when I noticed it… lol

Name:	IMG_2240.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	279918Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2241.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	279919Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2242.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	279920Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2244.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	279921Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2245.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	279922

And these last two are the clones from the yard girls. I haven’t done much to them yet, just tied them down to the pot in order to promote some bush building. They were taken right before I switched the girls into flower. I cloned them in the expanding peat pellets until they both had tap roots showing(which only took four days with generic rooting hormones), then transplanted into these ½ gallon pots. Under low strength CFL for cloning and now both sitting under a LED/CFL mix pretty low wattage. Nothing has been topped and yes, the yellowing on these pics is real..but that can be expected from the cloning process as they were growing roots.

Name:	IMG_2246.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	279923Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	279924Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	279925Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2250.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	279926

I also have two clones in a bubbleponics setup I made, but they aren’t doing much. They have been in there as long as these two clones and really are just doing the John Travolta… You know, staying alive? No real growth, but they have grown some tap roots in the last few days so… who knows.

Thanks for reading everyone. I’ll update the yard girls later tonight when they get to their light hours. They really started their stretch for real yesterday.

-Sub

Comment

And Cunuck and alltatup? They really just blew off the table lol. GF wasn't even in the state at the time. Gonna tell her you blame her for my new addition though.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          How many plants do you have growing right now? This first grow is massive!!!

• Subliminal
          Subliminal commented
          Editing a comment
          2 in flower and 5 in Veg at different stages. It doesn't seem that massive to me... I just sort of got hooked. I figure by the time my flowering buds are gtg I can move my Veg into the space. I'll have built something bigger by then.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Subliminal You aren't just getting your feet wet, is what I meant. You are boldly diving head first into the wonderful, sublime, magical world of Cannabis cultivation.

Here's a quick little update. Taken last night. YG1 on the left is really bushing and stretching. YG2 on the right is starting to show her thing and I think she'll catch up quick. She's always been the more robust of the two. Taken early into day 11 of flower.

Name:	IMG_2253.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	280584

Name:	IMG_2255.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	280586

All of this while this is going on outside. Gotta love it. Taken 5 and 3 years into awesomeness.

Name:	IMG_2259.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	280585

Happy New Year
        -Sub

Comment

Hey guys, so I was trimming back the two seed growths that I was side training that I posted about above...the blue and green pot. Especially the one with giant leaves, they were blocking so much light from the bottom growths. This isn't wide spread, only on these three leaves.. Potential problems? I see 3 different symptoms here. They have being fed the same as everything else in Veg. Or I am just over-thinking and these are bottom growth leaves and nothing to worry about?

Name:	IMG_2261.JPG
Views:	100
ID:	280629Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2262.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	280630Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2263.JPG
ID:	280631

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking Boron Toxicity,.The leaves in pictures
            1&2 are of darker color with a "problem" and not Yellowing.
            Potassium is a "MOBILE" nutrient and if it is a deficiency with a mobile nutrient, you will see it move up the plant accompanied with yellowing most the time.

like I said it is really early with just a couple of spots and PH/watering/Roots should always be the First focus.

You are in soil correct? And you have been giving a liquid fertilizer? What brand? Have you flushed ever?
            PH going in is 6.1 but have you check the runoff by chance? It is not always important to check runoff but when a problem starts getting "out of hand" and you are not! it can lead you down the right road.

You Probably answered the above questions before so this is a good link to help answering prudent questions without have to repeat yourself.

This was past on to me this way. How to edit your signature: 1). click on your name at the top of the page for a drop down menu. 2) select user settings. 3) in the

Happy New Year SUB.
            Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-01-2019, 01:58 PM.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            @mr.furley

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
            you just made mobile and immobile nutrients clear to me
            been reading, and reading and not getting it

...until now

• Subliminal
            Subliminal commented
            Editing a comment
            I noticed more of the same patterns moving up the plant(just the same signs in smaller areas) after I stopped posting last night so I flushed and then added my potassium mixture last night and it seems to have stopped mid-track. She looks like she took it pretty well, some droopy leaves, but overall, green and good. I'll post a pic or two after I know I fixed it for sure.

Took less than a day and YG2 is already catching up and out-stretching YG1. Sorry for the quick update, but my day hours are reversed here because of my cold nights. I give 'em light at night so the lights keep them in nice flower temps without having to supplement heat. If I was growing in summer, this would be reversed. I average 75-83 temps all day long...and did I mention it's effing cold out? YG1 still holds a better spread, but I bet I'm hoisting her buds more at the end. YG2 is a beast of a plant.

Name:	IMG_2267.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	280688Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2268.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	280689Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2270.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	280690

Comment

Haven't bothered them too much tonight and I won't bore anyone with 1 day stretch pics, but last night they decided it was time. And we begin...lets grow some buds!

Name:	IMG_2274.JPG
Size:	760.1 KB
ID:	280883

Comment

Name:	IMG_2331.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	281536Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2332.JPG
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	281537Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	281539Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2332.JPG
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	281544Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2324.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	281530Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2320.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	281531Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2322.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	281532Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2319.JPG
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	281533Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2325.JPG
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	281534Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2329.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	281535 Hey peeps little update here.. You know when your grow starts to go? Mine just started in the flower hut! As a reminder, I have the light cycle reversed so the lights can help with heat during the long cold nights here. I get to look at them at about 9pm every night. Obligatory pic of the kitty rushing into the closet when I open it.

Much love

-Sub

Attached Files

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a cat who rushes the grow room too, as soon as I open the gate.

• Subliminal
                Subliminal commented
                Editing a comment
                alltatup He does it every single day. He;s not too interested in the plants and I worry he might try to dig, but I have had serveral wish I had my camera moments with him in the closet.

• Subliminal
                Subliminal commented
                Editing a comment
                And Mr.furley There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish my username was Mr.Roper lol. Thanks for all the support on this journey.

My two bigger Veg plants are in distress, I am going to start a big flush on the trained one, since my efforts to combat what I think is K deficiency hasn't worked and it's still moving up. I am leaning that I have a buildup that is blocking nutrient uptake. The other one is just showing drooping leaves for the most part, which I could attribute to that last flush I gave her... but I haven't watered in 3 days and I'm not sure. She's getting an extra day of no water before I giver her anything tomorrow. The clones and the other seed are perfect, so I need to start spending more 1-on-1 time with each lady and paying more attention I think.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you checked the PH of your runoff?

I have and I'm not entire sure that is an accurate measurement of what's really going on. PH going in was 6.4 and run off was 6.6. I flushed her yesterday real good. I am not seeing much improvement but nothing has gotten worse either. The other bigger symptomatic plant is about the same as well. Gonna let the soil dry out a bit before I water again. I was really thinking I needed to invest in some calmag, so I ordered some today. All other signs are pointing to a nutrient block though.

Here's a couple pics of the flowering plants and the veg plants. The flowering yard girls are doing amazing. no issuers to report except they grow so fast I have to keep an eye on the light height... the Veg are fine except for what I have offered... the one from seed is great after some pruning and the two clones look great to me as well.

Name:	IMG_2353.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	282443Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2354.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	282444Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2355.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	282445Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2356.JPG
Views:	95
ID:	282446Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2357.JPG
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	282447Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2352.JPG
ID:	282449Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2352.JPG
ID:	282448
              Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                @Subliminal
                Boy Iv had to look at this a couple times now.
                Here is where I'm at with it.
                Seen the whole plant it looks like burn. Light, Nute, or what about the fan on the left? Could it be wind burn?
                The next place I go is PH. You have flushed your "soil" so now it is a non-nutritional medium and if you have to feed liquid fertilizers I would typically suggest to lower your pH and feed like a soilless medium between 5.5 to 6.5, if you do this I would suggest 6.ph.
                Cal Mag is definitely a good idea at this point.
                And are you for sure there is no bugs in the soil or gnats flying around?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X