Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

atu grow # 9 (number 9, number 9, number 9...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say this all the time at work.

Also, people call me shaggy because at one point my hair was shaggier than normal, and for Halloween I have the same green shirt shaggy does, so I wore it in lol.
    Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

update, please?

Im curious, nosey, whatever
      how are they doing?
      which direction you decided to go?

Comment

LAST NIGHT TOOK A L, BUT TONIGHT I BOUNCED BACK...YOU A REAL ONE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO BOUNCE BACK-- Big Sean

LurkingInTheGrass How nice of you to ask. They were perking up yesterday, so lack of water/nute to roots was a definite part of the problem. But lovely white roots have been descending for the past 3-4 days. Today the new nutes arrived, I immediately changed reservoirs, and they are happy campers. They've been growing, and now their color should improve quickly.

LED box: They were struggling, but they weren't dying. Now they done bounced back like the OGs they are. I am too, too fkn proud of them. They are magical.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jan10 LED.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	283013

HID box: They're monsters. They're a week younger than the LED plants. I topped them yesterday at number 5, so 8 bud sites will emerge. They have so much "Sativa" genetics, man, they're already stretching!!! I'm not used to it. I can tell that I'ma have to switch to 12/12 in the near future to keep them from outgrowing the box. Maybe week or two. They germinated about a month ago.

Name:	jan10 HID.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	283014

What an adventure. I'm so happy they're alive.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
          LurkingInTheGrass commented
          Editing a comment
          YAY!

/me claps enthusiastically

• Sallisawjim
          Sallisawjim commented
          Editing a comment
          So glad to hear the good news..... congradulations

I have to ask alltatup, how far are u keeping your hid light from plants? Thay seem to b the bomb so far

Comment

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          I just checked out the link, I’ve not seen anything quite like it, looks like it cost a bundle?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, they weren't cheap, but they gave me a good price for my second one. They've been making these for 18-19 years. There was no way that I was going to be able to "build" a grow room, and I did want something self-contained.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          alltatup Wow, that`s pretty niffty..I like that link

Sorry alltatup, I wanted to know how your system works? Do you have porous stones inside? Or does it only circulate the water from top to bottom?

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I use the hydroton clay pebbles in my net pots. This is my grow box (I have 2)
          :https://www.bcnorthernlights.com/products/room-mate

It is a computerized box that has an 18/6 hour veg and a 12/12 flower in it. There is a hydroponic reservoir below and irrigation spikes above that go into the net pots. Does this answer your questions?

Thanks for the info. It must have cost you an eye of the head! How many liters is the water tank? I allow myself to make observations on that system, do not take it as an offense but as an argument. I notice you have only one point that puts water in the pot, it was not better to have a ring in the pot instead so the water fills from all parts of the pot. That system from what I see can not be temporized, the water must always circulate to oxygenate the root rot risk. I advise you to avoid this problem of using Total Care. Now I also understand why when you removed the black discs you found the yellow leaves. Effect due to the jet of water against the clay that creates splashes that go to hit the leaves below, creating problems of perspiration. I would advise you to insert an agitator for aquariums or even better a porous tube with relative pump. I hope you are not offended.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Famine Not offended at all, my friend!!!!!

The tank is 16 liters, and I have water chillers attached to both reservoirs. I have not had a problem with root rot since I got the chillers.

The irrigators: Yes, I also think the irrigation is poorly designed, and I irrigate by hand: I turn on the irrigation, and move the wand around the pot.

Perspiration on leaves: No, that was not the problem: the problem was that the rooters and the interior were too dry, which is when I started irrigation manually. So the seedlings weren't getting enough water. That was one part of the problem. The other part was that I was using some very old nutes.

What is a porous tube with relative pump? I have air stones in the reservoirs.

See below: the problems are cleared up and the plants are growing!!! ;-}

A little LST never hurt anyone...

Click image for larger version  Name:	LED lst jan12.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	283475Click image for larger version  Name:	HID lst jan12.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.50 MB ID:	283476

LED box on above: bud sites below are emerging from the spots where I pinched off dead/dying fan leaves. They are very small on the widow, but she will produce something. They need a few more weeks in veg, for sure.

HID box below: I topped all plants earlier this week and today I bent three out of four to control height and expose all bud sites to light. One to two more weeks in veg--or until the reach 9 inches height.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Good day alltatup, I’m glad u ironed out the previous problems, who would have thought that the automatic watering system would f u up like that? Was it new?
          Im still a bit shy when it comes to dwi and thankfully I’m learning thru u and your posts what some of the pitfalls I might incounter in future grows.💋

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Potted thats a nice lipstick shade but Im not sure its you...😂😂😌

• Potted
            Potted commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right,Im usually not about the lipstick, just a wim I guess,anyway thanks for letting me tag along 😎

Ok, understand everything. The porous tube is like the only porous stone that is 30cm long and can be shaped as desired, the little 'I mean the oxygenator. I'm interested in growing up in that box.

Comment

Sold in most pet stores with aquarium supplies 😎
            Last edited by Potted; 01-12-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Given my own experience, a 2” air stone can create significant turbulence and provide excellent misting of the roots and provide oxygenation. I’ve used those long tubular air tubes in many aquariums and they to work well but within the limits of a few gallons of a water bucket, the air stone is likely the easiest. Weighting it down requires nothing. Those tubes have a tendency to float

Comment

THE BOUNCE BACK CONTINUES:

The girls are bouncing along. Except for little bitty widow who is the runt, they benefitted from my defoliation of all the lower necrotic leaves, and lots of bud sites are emerging. They were hungry!!! Close up of left rear, jackie herer. Upper right: C99 is the leader; she's hungry again.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	284705Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	284706

I can hardly believe that this was them six days ago:

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	284715

HID box below is where the potentially tall plants are, so I topped them and continue to LST them, which has to be done every day. Yeesh, they just wanna reach for the sky.

They are like, Diamond in the back, sunroof top, diggin the scene with a gangster lean...

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	284707
                Last edited by alltatup; 01-18-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
                  Doubledealing72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad to see they're looking much better! Good job ATU!

• PaganRich
                  PaganRich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  alltatup We only have Mini Coopers over here. Bit more like coal in the back

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doubledealing72 Thanks, shaggy!!!

PaganRich The diamond was the shape of the rear window, so yours can't be coal; it must be see through.

I LOVE MY NEW FUTURE HARVEST NUTES!!!!!

These plants are growiing so lushly now I can't believe it, and I have so much more rootage!!! I understand that all the problems were nutrient-related because I had to use my 3 year old BCNL nutes for the first 3 weeks' after my 8 seedlings' germination (I sold the AdvancedNutes I had); they were starving to death, and I saw symptoms I'd never seen before on the leaves. I figured out what it was a couple of days before my nutes arrived from Canada, and told the plants to hang in there just a little longer.

This past week, the first full week of FH's full line of nutes, they grew so much, so greenly, and so lushly\!!! They went from the verge of starvation with necrosis slowly inching its way up towards the tops of the plants, to voluptuous plants with thick trunks and tons of white roots, just bursting with energy. I'm calling them all Lazarus right now.

HID box:

Cindy 99 BadAzz Kush
                Click image for larger version  Name:	C99 jan19.JPG Views:	1 Size:	901.6 KB ID:	285144Click image for larger version  Name:	badazz jan19.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	285145

Lil WW and her bud sites Jackie herer
                Click image for larger version  Name:	WW jan19.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.42 MB ID:	285146Click image for larger version  Name:	jack  jan19.JPG Views:	2 Size:	1.55 MB ID:	285148

Cannabis plants are incredibly hardy. They really stick by their human. If I can get away with two more weeks' vegetation, lil WW may actually get her bud sites growing and produce a lil sumthin. If I can get away with three more weeks without them getting too tall, I will do it. I'm usually all itchin to switch to 12/12, but I'm not this time. I really want to get them ready for the switch. So grateful to them for hangin in there with me.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by alltatup; 01-20-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• Sallisawjim
                  Sallisawjim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  These girls look awesome.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sallisawjim For real, I keep thinkin bout your girls and when you were worried: heck, I can barely remember what the issue was, but the whole point was to let em get strong and take off. Which they did in an amazing way. And I wanted to see my girls do the same thing!! So I have practiced the patience that I preached. ;-} First time not being in such an all-fired rush to switch to 12/12--even if it does mean closer to three than to four harvests per year. Slow down, chill out, let the girls flex a bit. The "SSJ" method.

Name:	slide.gif
Views:	227
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	285377

dancing for your plants

soo...
                Canadian boxes
                Canadian nutrients

whats next, eh?

Name:	passitleft.gif
Views:	222
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	285378

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I tried around 2013 to get a job in Canada, and I had an on-campus interview in Squamish, BC: the surrounding mountains were extraordinary in their brooding beauty. But we weren't a good fit for each other. I was meant to stay where I am right now at my little HBCU; I got tenure there a couple years later. But I do have made respect for Canada, as you know. You guys would never ever elect someone like this country did: mine is truly a nation of savages, though the French engaged in slavery in Canada as well.... sad... gotta go watch Maru...

Week 5-6 update:

Girls are chugging along. I notice that the growth is much stronger with the FH nutes.

LED box: The leaves and stems are so thick. I'm training everyone daily, except little WW; I may very well take her out so that Jack H. (rear left) and C99 (front right) can extend into that space.

Name:	
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	286644

HID box: These girls have trained beautifuly, and my flat tops are coming along. I realized that I let Gorilla's topped main stem (left, front) get too tall and thick, I broke off one of the stems, and I'm having to be very careful about training the tip as best I can. Lesson learned about LST: don't put it off for tomorrow, because the stem may become too thick.
                These girls require daily training; I want to let bud sites develop a bit more, but I'll have to switch to 12/12 when they're 8-9" tall; they're around 6" right now. I hope to squeeze one more week of vegetation out of them, and I'll be surprised if they aren't maxed out in height by the end of this upcoming week.

Name:	
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	286645

La SAGE:

Chemdawg:

Attached Files
                Last edited by alltatup; 01-26-2019, 06:06 AM.

Comment

• PaganRich
                  PaganRich commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Looking good Atu

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I actually just learned about this... they call it “herbaceousness”. Then it goes to soft wood and hardwood. Apparently, the more herbaceous a plant stock is, the better it will root, propagate and or generate new growth. Gee wiz, I might actually finish this program ...old dog, new trick

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Farmall I might have to take that course... Sounds like you're learning so much!!! Not old dog: life long learner.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X