Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colombo
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Cloud, and KilinKind. I'am an avid gardener also and just started inside growing due to winter and have done a lot of research on inside grow. As weedpharma stated light and air movement are the factors to be concerned about. I grow like I grow tomato plants and very happy with my grow!! I am a KISS type grower and it works for "Me". I grow in soil as it is much easier for me without the hassle of all the chems and issues with hydro not saying anything is wrong with Hydro! I use a Vivosun 24x48x60 tent 6" inline vent fan for heating ducts as air intake and 2-4" inline fans for exuast and heat removal from Home Depot (USA). Two vivosun 300 watt full spectrum lights, start with one on and add second on at flowering. Only items in tent are plants and lights. Entire setup under $250 ! Grow like you do outside and adjust as you go, you
    will not be disappointed!! Just a tip, air in has to be the same out in size "Volume"/CFM or the back pressure will slow air movement and strain the fans! Good Luck with your grow!!! Some photos below, Growing Like a Tomato.
    Last edited by Colombo; 12-17-2018, 03:57 PM. Reason: name change

• Cloud
    replied
    I just purchased a Apollo tent and it's got light leaks everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• killnkind
    commented on 's reply
    Appreciate the reply.  I actually had the 80" picked out but realized, it was not going to fit. I have ph meter, nutrients, etc. I've been growing for years but outdoors. 
    so would I be looking for a fan that fits on to the side?
    I was wondering if it would work that way,  and just 
    vent it out the other side. Like I said it may make more sense when I actually see one.  What's light would you recommend also?

thanks
    ​​​​​​​mike

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    It's great you checked in- as outdoor growing and indoor are 2 different animals.

The two biggest factors you have to provide indoors that you didn't need worry about outside are: light and air movement -ventilation plus circulation as mentioned above.
    They are the most important part of an indoor grow which many overlook.

The marketing machine has placed too much emphasis on nutrients/suppliments etc- so don't get caught up in that.
    If you have good plant reading skills from outdoor growing- that will help- just providing what your plant needs.

For now, a fan for circulation is fine, but more info on your light is needed.

Once you get enclosed in a tent, exhausting humid air will become an issue.

If you need to heat, I found it useful to consider blue/purple LED's as it's biproduct is heat!

Temperature ranges from about 65-80 degrees and good watering practices go along way for a successful garden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0109.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1,017.6 KB ID:	276696 vivosun 4" exhaust variable speed and 1 circulation fan for over canopy
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0108.JPG Views:	1 Size:	889.2 KB ID:	276697 overall view
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0110.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	276698 window fan for intake under canopy circulation
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-0111.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	276695 either outside vent or inside carbon filter

Last edited by Weed Pharma; 12-17-2018, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    From one dumbass to another - How ya doin?
    ​​​​​​​Sounds like you've got a good start happening. Now for some help - tin foil really isn't any good, 'mylar' is what you want - or - finish the walls and paint them flat white. Tent's are best. A fan moving the air around is all I've ever used. If it gets too cold, you'll have to consider some kind of small heater. 100 watt grow light is a good start for seedlings. You'll need more juice when they grow up.

I have a basic system and i'll include a pic for ya. 3x3x7.5 gorilla with a Vortex fan stuck on the wall just sucking the air out slowly. You'll see I have the lower vents open and I leave them open for the airflow because I only grow autoflowers and don't have to worry about light leaks. From the pic - hose goes another 5 feet to vent out of the house - stacked washer and dryer beside the freezer.

You're an experienced grower, so with a bit of training 3 plants would fit comfortably. Good luck in your endeavor. Click image for larger version

Name:	20181217_103254.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	540.9 KB
ID:	276625

Leave a comment:

• PRIMO
    replied
    Hey Killa, You're gonna need more light, which will help heat your tent. The charcoal filter can wait awhile til the veg stank hits. For another thirty bucks youcan get the 48x48x80 tent, if you have the room you'll be glad you did. Just about any little old fan is good enough to start with, the air just needs to move. As far as duct work when the time comes you can just let it vent right outta the tent into the basement. Get good soil, and you're gonna need a Ph. meter or some way to check your water, and nutrients. The list goes on and on. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• killnkind
    started a topic Basic setup for indoors

Basic setup for indoors

I've been growing outdoors for years with really good results. But this year I am working on getting an indoor operation going. Mainly because of my neighbors that I know are doing the same right but they cause alot of riff raff that usually ends up with the law showing up and I do not want to be caught up in it. Right now in my basement I built a wooden frame outlined the inside with foil. I just have a 100watt grow light on it with a fan circulating. I just have 2 small plants for now. I just ordered 6 premium seeds so i'm wanting to make sure I make em happy enough to clone etc. I plan on purchasing a tent.

Apollo Horticulture 36”x36”x72” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9N29SC..._Ah8fCb4ZR8AGM

I've never laid eyes on one of these so I'm not really sure what i'm getting into. So I'm wondering, just to start off would a fan move enough air around to suit my needs, 2-3 plants. And could I get by with just that for the time being with out having to purchase blowers. filters and other stuff? I look at pictures online and get nervous when I see all the duct work, etc. I'm sure once I actually have it in front of me it would make more sense. But right now I'm just trying to be very basic and slowly upgrade and add. Im on a tight budget as well. I would just stick with what I have but it does get a little cool down there . Any ideas and tips appreciated.

I know I sound like a complete dumb ass but indoor growing is something I've just never done but I think its necessary right now, for my situation. Thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X