Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Nitrate of Soda & Nitrogen

Greetings
    Very simple question to which I have been unable to find an answer.
    Has anyone tried using nitrate of soda as a main nitrogen source in feeds for cannabis and if so, how did they fair. I appreciate there is a certain level of acidity and am curious to know if this proved an issue. I have been looking for replacement sources of nitrogen as the Peruvian bird shit I`ve been using is getting impossible to get over here these days...I need a nitrogen level of N-12 roughly though nitrate comes in at 16 I have read
    Any information would be appreciated

Howdy PaganRich, it has been a long time since any chemistry class, but I would not introduce any compound with sodium in it to my plants. Potassium nitrate (wait, no, might get you on a terrorist watch list!) or potassium nitrite, I think, would be a better choice. Have You tried worm castings instead of guano?
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Pagan I've had pretty good results with "Alaska Fish Fertilizer". I use it all through my vegging stage.

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      DW2 I think I might harm myself, I`m a bloody liability on occasions but that was really interesting. I like stuff like that. X-15 rocket fuel, sounds almost like fracking but in reverse. Thanks DW mate

• PaganRich
      PaganRich commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish Yeah, Daas said the same so I`m definitely gonna have a butchers at that. Looking like the easiest and simplest option for me...thanks KF

Yeah Timothy McVeigh would attest to that if he could. He is currently occupied. He was last seen being the master of his fate in Terre Haute, Indiana. Riding a lethal injection gurney into eternity!

Comment

• purpleman
      purpleman commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm stoned and trying to make sense of this

“Potassium nitrate (wait, no, might get you on a terrorist watch list!)” Used in McVeighs fertilizer bomb in the Oklahoma City bombing. He quoted Invictus in his last words handwritten if I remember correctly. See I’m not stoned. Reality is a bigger trip!

Comment

The Alaska fish fert is best thing on market 4 cannabis during veg. It smells bad but best growth and health I've ever seen ill b in the market 4 some more soon

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great stuff, but so is dead rotten fish, of any kind. Thats all we ever used in our outdoor grows, you just got to bury it deep, or some wild critter, like a coon, will dig it up.
        HappyGrowing

Lol daas I've always buried fish for outdoor grows. Found the Alaska at a local hippy shop. By far better than what I've been doing not sure on what fish is used but its great stuff

Comment

The above has been great info folks-many thanks for sharing this info...ummmm, dead fish vs bird shit smell wise....could be close

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          PaganRich shit is shit, lol we know lots of folks that grow monster size, beautiful tomatoes, on top of their septic tanks.

• PaganRich
          PaganRich commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 Very true D though for a lad contemplating a Greek salad today, a tad disconcerting

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll pass on those maters!

Very close

Comment

Pagan, if you have trouble finding Fish Shit, try this.

Comment

• PaganRich
            PaganRich commented
            Editing a comment
            kingfish Mate, you`ve just sorted next year`s Xmas presents out for me

• kingfish
            kingfish commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad I can help.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X