Best type of humidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best type of humidifier

I am in dire need to raise my humidity levels. I was unaware of all the different types of humidifiers on the market. Are cool mist humidifiers the best way to go? I do not have temperature issues and I fear that a warm mist would raise my tent over 80 degrees. Any direction on brands and types would be awesome.

Get yourself an Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. I've used different brands and they all basically did pretty well in not only raising my grow room's humidity, but they also lowered the temperatures a bit. Win/win in your case. I believe I used a half-gallon one from Anypro in my last grow.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

I have used an ultrasonic humidifier (Air Innovations MH-513) in a small tent to increase humidity along with proper VPD ranges.

What I can tell you is:
      I was steadfast in keeping near perfect conditions and got the best looking plants in veg I have ever grown.
      My humidity runs below 20% often, (usual mid 30%) so I felt the time/effort and expense was warranted to keep the plants in the zone.

I was so wrong- even though my plants looked fantastic in veg- the actual yield and quality showed no change for all my work.

When you grow in low humidity- the pattern/timeline may be different, but I have found once the roots develope the plant will catchup by flowering time and thrive.

Low Humidity should be at the bottom of your improvement list!

Here is a complete grow in low humidity/low lights etc:

"Low humidity did not seem to effect the overall grow-may have changed/delayed the usual growth pattern.
      I suspect the increased transpiration from low humidity helped provide "catch-up" once the root system fully developed."

High Humidity however, is a different story.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Cannabliss and a thanks for the replies! So my humidity is around 20-25% and my plants look dry. This is my first grow and I just feel my plants are developing slow but I really don’t know.

Comment

• DimeBagKilla
          DimeBagKilla commented
          Editing a comment
          Weed Pharma tried to tag you to but obviously that didn’t happen

Cool mist is ok for small rooms. Look into swamp coolers for larger ones.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

DimeBagKilla 20% – 25% humidity is pretty low, especially during the seedling and early veg stages. During those stages I try to keep my humidity between 50% - 60%. After that, as she gets older, I let the humidity go down a bit at a time.

You say you feel your plant may be developing slowly? Why do you feel that way, how old is she, could you probably be over-watering or over-feeding her? Any pics?

Toker1 That's true. Even though the humidifier I mentioned above works well for my grow closet, sometimes when mid veg kicks in, the air from the fans, a/c, heater, etc tends to blow away most of the humidity. I was thinking about building my own little diy humidifier using one of these Disc Mist Makers. Seen their video and even their smallest model seems to produce a good amount of ultrasonic mist. I already know how I'm going to build it. Just need to order the disc starter kit. The babe in the video isn't too bad either lol.
          Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
          White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            So I cool/humidify with a swamp cooler. I also exhaust heat away from my grow room. So how I overcome the fan power is by humidifing the room my grow tent is in. That way it’s pulling in humidity as well as cool air. Works well with my set up.

• Cannabliss
            Cannabliss commented
            Editing a comment
            That's an interesting way of setting it up. I'll have to try that sometime and see if it works with a room/walk-in closet setup. Thanks for that tip my friend.

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            You got it. Best of luck in your new set up.

Toker1 After doing some taking with my local grow shop they say that I am right on par. I’m just inexperienced and constantly over think the most basic things. I’ve done more research for this than anything thus far in my graduate program I guess I just need to trust the process. I bought and ultrasonic humidifier and now I’m sitting at 60 percent with an automatic humidistat to kick back on when needed.

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            60% is all good. If you can lower it for the flower cycle (especially the last few weeks) you will be great!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X