X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VivoSun Pots

what is the best sizes to buy for outdoor growing
    iam looking to get either the 10,15,or 20 Gallons
    ? what is the best size to get ? your ideas or experience with these sizes please ? Please help me make my mind IT wiil be my First Grow
    getting ready for spring time.
    Thanks
    Last edited by atony; 12-12-2018, 08:18 PM. Reason: SORRY friends i got the awnser already on another post that i forgot all about it (so ignore this post )

Go 20 gal if you can swing it. Veg them out to be monsters! Larger roots = larger fruits.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I used 15 gallon pots this last grow.They seemed to be overkill. They are excellent quality. Looks like they'll last for some time.
      Last edited by starramus; 12-13-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        I grew sum phot Girl Scout cookies this past summer in 5 gal smart pots outside. Thay turns out to b over 12’ high and bushie as hell I grew 3 plants topped,and supercroped,again and again, thay got very big and hard to hide after a while.

• starramus
        starramus commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah as I said 15 gallon were overkill. We had a horrific heat wave so my plants got nowhere near 12'. I have had taller plants grown indoors in 5 gallon pails than what i got this grow. However my bud was potent as hell, and lots of it.
        Last edited by starramus; 12-14-2018, 09:37 AM.

I think 15 Gallon pots would be fine, 20 Gal will be the big ones. But here's another question, what do you want to grow, write more in detail about it.

Comment

I agree with normanthyra, what are you going to grow? Autos dont need as much soil as a photo,,,
        I built 20 gallon pots for my use. I am doing autos this round, but I may do photos as well at some point, so I made big pots to be ready. More detail;s gets better answers,,,
        Also if outside why not just plant them in the ground? (like do you need to hide them)

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          I agree with normanthyra, what are you going to grow? Autos dont need as much soil as a photo,,,
          I built 20 gallon pots for my use. I am doing autos this round, but I may do photos as well at some point, so I made big pots to be ready. More detail;s gets better answers,,,
          Also if outside why not just plant them in the ground? (like do you need to hide them)
          thanks
          my outdoor soil is not very good and in pots will let me use and control the nutrients and ph in a better way

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            It does take some time to build good soil, I have been putting shit in the ground here since the late 50's, and it still needs/takes work every year.

thanks bro.
          Ok 15 and 20 gallons pots --- i will see amazon soon ---planning on growing 12 dife. plants outdoors

Comment

Originally posted by atony View Post
            thanks bro.
            Ok 15 and 20 gallons pots --- i will see amazon soon ---planning on growing 12 dife. plants outdoors
            In a tent or even trash outdoors? I would advise not to swing much with the volumes, better do a little for the first time, but in the process of growing you will encounter various difficulties, earn experience and be able to grow more plants without the risk of losing a large crop.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear what you mean...Only issue is if they are in a state where plant count becomes a determining factor. Many smaller plants may not be an option for everyone.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Wish I could have 12, 6+6=12 ok, but only half can be in bloom and half in veg,, on top of that I can only keep 8 oz on hand (of smokable weed), which also puts large harvest out of legal reach. Yes some can be cooked down to oil and made into candies, but me myself and I prefer smoking those nice tasty buds!

you guys are great
            thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X