Fox farms trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Fox farms trio

Hello fellow growers, recently a friend of mine gifted me his almost brand new fox farm trio nutrients and I’m looking for experiences and opinions of them, never used a micro like big bloom and the NPK of the grow and tiger are way different from what my plants are used to. Also I got no idea if the doses they recommend are crazy high like my botanicare pure or spot on like calmag. Thanks in advance

Used the trio two runs now. First run I overdid the nitrogen. Now I have it dialed in. I used half doses of all three all through veg. Now I'm at 3/4 strength 2 weeks into flower. Very effective so far at this dosage. Just make sure you are adding cal/mag durring veg thats the only extra my plants needed. Im getting very frosty already. What soil are you using? If it was a hot soil I would go very light on the nitrogen until you know the soil is depleted.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m not going back to “hot” soils ever again. I just bought 230 liters of coco but I’ll use this nutrients with the 120 of soil I got, in not going to throw it away either

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I was gonna respond but the Okie pretty much said what I was thinking.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Plenty of calcium in tap water (if that’s what you are using). I have never needed use Cal mag with FF nutrients. But if you use RO water...then yes, you will need to add it in this case.

9fingerleafs

I use Fox Farm Trio, Kanga Root, and kelp me in my lineup with coco.

I water every 3 days when the pots are light, I alternate one feeding according to the fox farm chart with slight modifications to my grow style and then the next is water only pH at 6.3, in a 5 gallon smart pot I water plain water at 1.5 gallons per watering per pot and around 1.25 gallons of mixed nutrient water per pot.

feel free to ask any questions.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      YOu add calmag? Ro water or well water?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      5 mil. Of cal mag every Nute feeding. Well water.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      You are much kind mr furley, I’ll keep using my well/Ro water mixture (0.7EC) and calmag as a base, I’m going to start with 1/4 doses with the big bloom and tiger (flowering) and see how it goes

Use it exclusively. Have been for 8 years now. I also use Alaska Fish Fertilizer in the vegging stage.
    Never had a issue.

Comment

FF is great. Usage depends on plant sensitivity. Start small and work your way up. Follow the FF feed schedule recommended online.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, I actually got the one in ml/gallon (I use a syringe to measure) but at 60ml per gallon I feel I’m going to waste them and burn my plants, I’m going to do 1/4 strength to start

• OkieGrowkie
          OkieGrowkie commented
          Editing a comment
          Its alot easier to fix an underfed plant. I think 1/4 strength to start is a really good idea. Get a feel for what shes gunna need.

• Potted
          Potted commented
          Editing a comment
          f f trio works well, I’ve been using since I began growing indoors, not on thier timeline i prefer dryer pots between watering, start at a quarter and work your way up.some strains ( if growing diff strains ) will react differently to the nutes
          Last edited by Potted; 12-11-2018, 09:00 AM.

Used that trio exclusively on my soil grow and Ocean Floor soil. I read 500 times to not follow what was considered to be a strong dilution for the FF trio. Used it anyway starting week 3 from germination. Including that sledgehammer flush as recommended. Four months later, I started to REALLY smile. D.A.A.S.69 told me to use molasses and did that too....Total and complete success ! So much so, my next grow will be soil. Using the hydro buckets for soil pots, they already have drainage holes...expensive drainage holes

as for watering, the last three weeks....every other day...about 1 pH’ed gallon with lighter and lighter nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X