HELP!! RDWC build Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!! RDWC build Problems

i have had nothing but problems with my RDWC build, this isnt like building a cloner, lol ....I have returned this pump once already since i thought it was defective but the 2nd pump is doing this as well, so when the pump is cold, it circulates to all 4 buckets, very well, you can lift the lids, plug one of the hoses with your fingers which forces it to spray really hard out of the other 2 buckets.....then the pressure equalizes and its even again, the problem is, after this damn system is running for a few hours, the pressure isnt equal at all, if you plug one hose, then it never re pressurizes, but its not pumping with the same force after its warmed up.....if you lift a bucket lid then that screws up the top feed for that bucket lid you lifted. i have this going and had plants in it and had to pull them out and replant them into coco....im about ready to can the project and just take the 150 dollar loss...is the pump a shitty brand? is the size of the hoses to big/small??? 1.25 pvc, half inch return....all the return hoses are equal length and size

If you shut the system down for a period of time and restart is the pressure there, could be a air lock. Where are the pipes running to besides the four in the picture?
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

Are all the drip tubes cut to the exact same lengths?
    Are the buckets on a slope at all?
    I would try to pump slightly above the bucket height with a hard tube (like pvc) into a manifold. The drip tubes would run downward from the manifold into the buckets. I believe this will solve your issue.
    ...something like this in the link, but you will have to size it for your needs. The drip tubes that would feed your buckets for this manifold are only 1/4”. They make 1/4” - 1/2“ adapters if you can’t find another suitable one.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000H...TF8&psc=1&th=1
    Last edited by Toker1; 12-06-2018, 10:56 PM.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Hello Grower, your water supply in has to be equal to or greater than the water going out! The pump is straining to matin the vacuum from the pales through the 1 1/2 ' PVC . I f the PVC was 1/2" like the intake the water pressure would increase because the vacuum is equal throughout the intake system. If you disconnect the 1/2' discharge and try a 3/8 or 1/4 '" hose on the discharge with a reducer and see what pressures you get? Another question is how fast the water transfers to the lower pales? This seems to be a minor problem! Never give up, theres plants at the end of your efforts! google how pumps work, it will also help your problems. Good Luck
      Last edited by Colombo; 12-06-2018, 10:52 PM. Reason: added 1/2"

Comment

• growingforanxiety
        growingforanxiety commented
        Editing a comment
        the transfer rate starts off good, and you can even see the water in the tote begin to swirl, but then it just drops off and theres nothing, i watched vids where people used 2 and 3 inch PVC returns with 1 inch feeds, but i thought by going smaller, my back pressure would stablize

Hello Grower, You can also just up grade your pump to an 1 1/2" intake and discharge and add a valve and reducer to 1/2" to regulate water flow. Change 1/2" intake to 1 1/2". options! But before doing anything did you check to make sure the return water supply level is adequate to maintain the cycle?

Comment

• growingforanxiety
        Editing a comment
        yes, i checked the water level, and thought that maybe it just needed more water, i had enough water in the system to completely submerge all 3 PVC pipes.....so what your saying is, theres to much of a difference from 1/2 tube, to 1 1/4 PVC return and not enough back pressure?

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Grower, Did you check the level with the system running, it could be above the pipes when off and below when on ? If that is not the problem then I would remove the 1/2" pipe and tie direct into the 1 1/2" inch main return with a TEE and reducer, less then $10.00. Also when the system is running and the problem starts, try adding some water to see if the flow changes. If you increase the head pressure you should get better flow and less stress on the pump. Almost there!!

• growingforanxiety
        Editing a comment
        ok ill try that

Comment

• Colombo
        Colombo commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Grower, The aerators in the tub is that where they are with the system running ? If so then this is inducing air into the pump intake due to its location. put the aerators in the corners and this should allow a solid flow of water into the pump. Did not see the pump picture earlier! Getting closer!

• growingforanxiety
        Editing a comment
        no, thats just cause i threw them in there and thats where they landed after i drained the system, they were in the corners

I use the same type of pump in my UC system. I suspect that it must be allowing air back into the suction side and then cavitating. Looks like the design should work-need to discover why it's sucking air.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I run the same pump,I hang mine above the res about 12".So just a short intake hose.To reprime i just push it down ,let it burp aand she goes .sometimes i have to re burp it.pretty fussy compared to other pumps Ive had.
        Last edited by Flyfisher; 12-08-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X