Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL No Potency!

Hello And Merry Christmas

I am in the twilight zone I tested my Buds for potency and the trouble is there is no potency at all nothing ! I smoke it and can not understand what the Hell is the problem.
    1 I started with Jack Horror and a Strong Indica for Nirvana .
    2 Use two 400 watt MH /Hps
    3Use good nukes
    4 have 15 years plus experience
    5 Temperatures and R.H. Controlled
    So with that being said my question is why when I remove the smaller Buds to check for Potency (after airing out 3-4 Days)I get NO Buzz at all !
    I do not want to Cut before I do get something out of them But the Buds and Colas now seem to be getting overripe with out the number of amber trichomes I would expect looking at the Pistils and the overall appearance of the Bud.
    I was Hoping for a Christmas Crop so all I get is Christmas Crap AAAHHH!
    I can not figure this out .
    I have studied a long time on this subject But have Never read an article about this situation.
    I ask if curing will improve the strength and I get many different answers .If it does then by how much? And I don't mean theoretically or perceived.
    Any advice will be much appreciated .
    I have photos of the Trichomes And have posted Bud shots on my other post.

Have you tried any buds from the top of the plant? I still see a lot of clear trichomes and since they're from the bottom of the plant. Who knows. I'm trying to send you some positive vibes here. I'm sure with your experience, I don't need to tell you how to grow. I wouldn't give up, I see at least 2-3 more weeks by looking at the trichomes. Curing will definitely increase potency not to mention taste.
    Keep the faith my friend.

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank very much for your input

So two different strains and both had no potency?? If it was one plant I would think you may have a cbd strain by accident but both would be a stretch. You dried the buds enough to smoke? Sometimes when trying to burn fresh weed all that moisture prevents thc from properly evaporating and converts to CBN. It does make a difference but you should feel at least something. Curing only increases the weight/THC ratio but it’s only perceived potency because the amount is the same overall

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your opinion Is appreciated Thank you

Seems a bit early in the harvest window. I see clear heads and a few milkey white heads. I wait until I see a few ambers, by then the clear heads have turned a bit more opaque.
    Also might be good to note that the plants matures from the top down. So your tops will be more potent than the lowers in most cases.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey , Whats idea Thanks

Looks early to me but regardless u should get a speedy high out of it anyway. Cure it up and see if it gets better. After all it’s worth a try. Lol

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and Merry Christmas

I would have to agree with everyone that for me it is way to early to harvest. That may help but what your describing makes no sense. I have no idea how you would not get something out of smoking it even if its early. I would think it would at least make you think to much I think.

And even nirvanas CBD strains are in the 1 to 1 thc to cbd range so you would feel something.

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I didn't know the ratio

Frankly, heh-heh If you're smoking kickass weed on a daily basis maybe you've got some tolerance built up. Twist one up and let someone else try it. I've got one doing the same, hairs all brown and curled in leaves are all yellowing but still no amber. I'm gonna wait it out for a few weeks

Comment

• frank420
      frank420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Primo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X