Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco Storage Important

Hey guys / All

I have finally come to the point of germination and am under way.

I have buffered half of the coco and it should be enough for the starter cups and 3 gallons, but I will need to buffer the other huge block for the final 4 1/2 gallon bags.

This stuff is really hard to be tidy with and the wife cancelled my access to the bath tub..ha ha so this left me down stairs at he utility sink and 2# 5 gallon buckets, and it is every where. So today the temps are warm enough to work outside in the rain but I really want to turn my water back on and do the remaining buffering outside.

Sorry long winded... Would there be an issue with mold if I buffered the rest of the coco and stored it wet with the pearl light already mixed in. I think maybe a month before final transplant.

The weather will change again and out side will not be an option up here..

I hope some of you chime in on this, because I will have to decide today before I go back out side.

Thanks Guys / Girls for any insight.

I just buffered my coco over the weekend. At the end I let drip all water and then stored in a plastic tote. If it rots we are both screwed hahaha I think it’s okey

Comment

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey 9fingerleafs - I just had a look at your grow thread. Very nice - perhaps some screw in type 32w led would be a nice addition. They would have more penetration / flux. Mind you I have never used them but I was looking at them when in Home depot.

The seeds are germinated and started well. Thai, Strawberry Cough, Cotton Candy Kush MSNL a little variation from the original strains, have higher THC.

Need some ph up and a glass eye dropper for the acid, it is hard to add a few drops from a gallon jug....

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      try using small syringes, 5 or 10 ml work great for nutes and the 1ml (insulin) ones work great for ph up and down. about the bulb, i will not spend anymore on this fixture, i will buy a led fixture in the future

• changeofpace2014
      changeofpace2014 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here an eye opener.

Cost to date (funds in CA) $1500.00+ includes Light build, Tent build, Carbon Scrubber, Exhaust Fan, Hardware both electronic and tent materials as well as nutes, meters, coco, and seeds.

And yes we have healthy / happy seedlings starting their second set of leafs. Thai, Cotton Candy Kush, and Freebe Strawberry Cough. Thai stick was the smallest seed set and they looked the least viable, however they were the first ones out of the gate but the C.C.K has caught up. The S.C freebe was not so lucky as I only have 1 confirmed and 1 suspect because it crossed over to the C.C.K area on the paper towel and will have to weight to see if it is Sativa or Kush. Either way going to keep it for beans as it has 19 - 22% THC. I like the sound of Strawberry Thai!!

Originally posted by 9fingerleafs View Post
    I just buffered my coco over the weekend. At the end I let drip all water and then stored in a plastic tote. If it rots we are both screwed hahaha I think it’s okey
    Hey 9fingerleafs

Yea I went ahead and mixed up the one block dam its a big bugger to.... I have been shaking the bag a few times a day with what I did not use yet, in any event it all seems to being drying out so there should be no mold issue. When I have to mix more for the final transplant I guess the downstairs will be trashed again.

Thanks for the reply, we are well on the way now..

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X