Prepping your DWC for clones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepping your DWC for clones

Hey all.Thought I’d join in. First question.Nute schedule or what is important to give or reduce your dwc plants prior to taking cuttings.
    My first try at clones wasn’t as successful as it should have been.My guess is my plants weren’t prepped properly and full of N.
    What do you do?

you just have to take cuttings from a very happy and healthy mom no changes in nutrients or anything

Comment

thanks for the reply,i dont have a mother plant.Ive read that lowering the N a little for afew days can help.reading up on foliar applications to help speed up rooting.not sure what works and what doesn't.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I generally take clones before switching to flowering, I just cut the branch and put in a solo cup with water. Change the water every two days and in two weeks you’ll have roots

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here.
        I like to use secondary shoots for my donors, do a trim on the fan leaves to minimize moisture loss, apply some rooting hormone to the cut end and put them in my cloner rig. Usually, after 10-14 days I have a viable cutting for repotting.

Turns out i was searching the wrong box,I entered nutes for mother plants and found what i needed.

Comment

• BlueBudz
        BlueBudz commented
        Editing a comment
        You do not need to change anything. As long as the plant is healthy, take cuttings.

Reading up on it they recommended to spray or foilar feed the clones prior to cutting for one week. I mixed up some cal mag and fulvic acid to give it a try. I also lowered the N the last couple of days. Should help the clones stay greener while they ponder rooting.

Comment

Also try silica to help your root strength.
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

Thanks. I think,now I have to search and find out what silica is and where to find.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Silica is what we call compounds made of the element silicon, there are liquid nutrients like “armor-si” or solid amendments like diatomaceous earth that’s also a very good bug killer

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I just wanna say again. I do nothing but take cutting and leave in a cup with water for two weeks and it works 9/10 times

Im sure it does,problem is the clone looks like chit by the time it roots.Atleast mine do,so trying different things and see what works.Thanks again

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X