Taking clones to determine sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking clones to determine sex

I started 10 GG#4 seeds a few weeks ago. I want to transplant them into 2 gallon smart pots soon. They're just regular seeds I got from a friend. I want to take a clone from each one to put in my flowering tent so I can kill the males ASAP. How much longer should I wait before I can do That?
    I used to do drugs... I still do, but I used to too!
    *Mitch Hedburg*

Pot is a plant, it grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it, it wouldn't be around.
    So all you mother fuckers who haven't got high,
    shut the fuck up, and give it a try!

It depends on your training regime, if you plan to top then take the tops as clones and check. If you want to keep the apical dominance then take a side node once it has a couple nodes on itself
    Grow and good luck
    Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to top them or not. My main concern is how small the pots are, I
      have to water them every day. Also I only have 6 fabric pots and don't want to waste soil on males

I just tried to pull clones from my last grow to determine sex and it was a waste of time with a 8 weeks veg time
    I topped around week 3ish, had roots a week and a half later to were I was comfortable flipping the light and a week later my regular seeds started showing signs of sex in veg at week 6ish,
    not saying it can't be done but my experience was just a waste of time, power, nutes, cloning gel.......
    good luck.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      I was hoping that wouldn't be one of the answers. I was considering putting the new clones in my flowering tent right away, or in a day or 2. They only need to survive long enough to show me the girls.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I may have missed something, I was as quick as I could possibly be and the big plants beat out the cloned tops.
      In a cloner.

• JerryMawuana
      JerryMawuana commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, my thought was just wishful thinking I guess. Thank you Mr.furley.

you need to wait until you can remove 4 inches of a branch without killing the plant, like furley said, i dont think its a good aproach. i personally prefer to veg and take clones right before flowering, by the time those clones root you already know the sex, so you can discard the males, then keep veggin the female clones. the next round youll have all females, you can even pick one or two favorite plants/phenos and take enough clones to fill your next grow with only the best plants. its a real time saver in the long run, veg times are reduced drastically and no more sexing. with cannabis patience pays

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X