Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED light info

Happy Sunday all 👍.

I have a full spectrum 1200w LED light with 10w led bulbs.

Iv read on a couple led grow threads that the LED lights have different ranges from different heights due to the spectrums. I DID NOT KNOW THIS 😳.

Can anyone explain this a little further? Is it the same for every light or manufacturer specific?

Thanks

What do you mean by ranges? Spectrum is “color”

Comment

All the LED have different color spectrums also. The question may should have been intensities. Its always good to go with the manufactures suggested height for your LED and go from there.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Iv done sone more reading on PAR & PPFD which has helped greatly.

I think next time I germinate I’ll try some CFL’s for the first few weeks to help things then switch to my LED which seems to be better set up for veg and flower.

Comment

• Peebz
          Peebz commented
          Editing a comment
          D.A.A.S.69 I read a journal the other day and he grew with 4x55w cfls and they were massive! Very impressive.

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          CFLs are great for stealthy growing, low power consumption, low heat generation, and they are readily available and comparatively inexpensive . Oh, I almost forgot, they can be lowered very close to the plants with out causing a lot of harm, just an inch or two away from them. On my last grow, I got an average of 0.826 grams per watt.

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Peebz several growers on here use only cfls, with great results.
          DW2 is one of the best, that's all he uses, I think.

For LED, it’s light specific. I had a Mars hydro 300 6” from the canopy and the Mars hydro 1200 18” from the canopy.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Nebula explains this well in her compendium. https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-gro...-cannabis-buds Your best answer will be from the manufacturer.

Wow you went with the big boy. I chose to go with two 600 watt Viparspectras for more redundancy and flexibility.

Comment

• Peebz
            Peebz commented
            Editing a comment
            starramus thanks. I also read an article from nebula that explained PAR, Lux & PPFD which helped loads.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X